Northwest Members WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, SD, ND

Another new WSP sneaker

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2005, 09:50 AM
Tech Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Another new WSP sneaker

Well, I just saw another sneaky devil on the highway this morning on the way into work. Sneaky fuggin Po-Po.

It's a silver Monte Carlo. Blacked out typical WSP rims. New style. I was following this guy and was about to blast on by and really hit it hard. Nice and clear in front of us and I just cleared the ship canal bridge and had clear vision for a good half mile. I was about to go for a 120 burst and just as I was mashing the gas I saw the WSP170 on the exempt tags. Fuggin A. That was close.

He nailed a bike about 3/4 of a mile on down the road.

It didin't have dual exhaust though. Do they shoehorn a V8 in those? Or not consider those sneaky type cars a pursuit vehicle?
Old 04-21-2005, 12:41 PM
TECH Addict

Damn that was close! I hate the undercover type guys!
Old 04-21-2005, 12:46 PM
10 Second Club

A silver Monte, eh? Damn, & I thought the white Z28 or charcoal Impala was bad.
Old 04-21-2005, 01:14 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by WAHUSKER
A silver Monte, eh? Damn, & I thought the white Z28 or charcoal Impala was bad.
Around here they use a 2002-2004 jet Black Ford explorer that is decked out. 20 " spoked wheels chrome up the wazoo. You got no clue they are WSP. (Plates are not marked) The lights are hidden in grill. Black Tinted widows short stubby antenaes that is hidden by the ski rack on top.My guess this was a seizure vehicle and they figured this was a perfect traffic sting vehicle. and they have a high citation rate using this vehicle.

So if you are ever are traveling between cle-elum and yakima beware
They love Camaros been followed every trip i have made to seattle and back.
I drive the speed limit i swear.
Old 04-21-2005, 01:42 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Damn... that is a sneaky sounding car. I'm glad I grandma it around town most of the time and don't draw much unneeded attention.

As it is they give me that "c'mon do something dumb so I can pull you over" look when I roll past...
Old 04-21-2005, 02:18 PM
teh PuRpL3z

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I came across a gold colored Impala a couple days ago on I-90. Same kinda deal, very stealthy. They also have a blue-ish green Taurus that hangs around I-90 and Highway 18 fairly frequently.
Old 04-21-2005, 03:31 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by DrEvyl
I came across a gold colored Impala a couple days ago on I-90. Same kinda deal, very stealthy. They also have a blue-ish green Taurus that hangs around I-90 and Highway 18 fairly frequently.
Do'h. It was as silver Impala I saw. Not a Monte.

I've seen a red suburban too, mid 90's and a Smokey and the Bandit TA. Red in color around the mall area.
Old 04-21-2005, 03:40 PM
Tech Addict

As it is they give me that "c'mon do something dumb so I can pull you over" look when I roll past...
roll on past? or rumble like a tractor on past??
Old 04-21-2005, 03:53 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by Rokko
roll on past? or rumble like a tractor on past??
I prefer 'cement truck' to farm equipment, thank you...
Old 04-21-2005, 06:59 PM
12 Second Club

I got pulled over by that damn Seattle PD astro van once... after doing that lil ship canal bridge run on the express lanes... he was behind me in some traffic and I didn't see him... He said he was doing 115+ even after I'd slowed down trying to catch up to me. oops... he gave me a warning though cuz he didn't wanna ruin my friday night, and told me to be careful because WSP wouldn't be so nice
Old 04-21-2005, 08:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

I met a cool kid in a 03 Mach1(black) at Dicks in Lake City last weekend. He told me that a dark colored Camaro pulled along side of him in Lynnwood and asked him if he wanted to race? The kid noticed a computer in the car and opted not to race, later that evening he saw the same Camaro had somebody pulled over. This guy with the Mach1 is Joe and he said the Camaro that asked him to race was a cop, for real.

I believe the story because this guy I met by the name of Joe was a straight shooter, very honest and cool.

It sounds crazy but I believe him.

Would that not be entrapment?
Old 04-21-2005, 08:22 PM
12 Second Club

Yes that'd be entrapment
Old 04-21-2005, 08:28 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Fast Eddie's 02 T/A vert.
I met a cool kid in a 03 Mach1(black) at Dicks in Lake City last weekend. He told me that a dark colored Camaro pulled along side of him in Lynnwood and asked him if he wanted to race? The kid noticed a computer in the car and opted not to race, later that evening he saw the same Camaro had somebody pulled over. This guy with the Mach1 is Joe and he said the Camaro that asked him to race was a cop, for real.

I believe the story because this guy I met by the name of Joe was a straight shooter, very honest and cool.

It sounds crazy but I believe him.

Would that not be entrapment?
Nobody has ever taken this to court and won that i know of. Their is a fine line.I believe they can not outright ask if you wanna race but, say things like so what do you think that car can doagainst mine.... alot like the whole hooker sting Thing.. On another note WSP is going after agressive drivers and road racers they have been spending money to mod cars to look like us.the second you go over the limit they will nail you .
Old 04-21-2005, 08:30 PM
12 Second Club

Kent PD has done that as well as renton and tukwila, they would take integras and stuff to the races as undercover vehicles.
Old 04-21-2005, 11:02 PM
TECH Resident

Yeah, in Everett they had a cops kid in an Eclipse pulling that crud w/ the street races. Good thing my gf's dad is a cheif of police so we know the undercover cars in the area. She also knows where they sit and watch the street races until they bust them. We normally stop by there first and see if any cops are hanging out, saved us a couple times.
Old 04-22-2005, 12:54 AM
TECH Addict

I went to the street races a couple of times down in Kent but it has been getting too hot to go down there lately.

As far as entrapment, this is Washington, they can do pretty much whatever they want. (sorry for all the x-po po's on the site but I have no love for the police or the judicial system in this state for my own resons.)

For unmarked cars, there are a lot more on the roads lately. I have seen quite a few undercover cars both with and WITHOUT "xmt" plates. The one that blew me away though was that silver LeBaron. There was NO way to even guess that was a cop, and who would have looking at a little Buick sedan? But I have also seen blinged out Suburbans on I-90 on my way out to Triple XXX that have smoked out windows, phat (is that really a word?) rims and "xmt" plates.

They are getting sneakier all the time. I wish someone would post up all of the unmarked cars in this state so we would all be aware of them and have half a chance.
Old 04-22-2005, 01:01 AM
TECH Fanatic

No V8 in them, yet. Even so, it would not be fast. Look at the fwd V8 GP. I had a green ford exploder behind me today leaving Seattle. Only knew it was a cop from the red and blue lights in the grill. Everything else including tag looked normal. He followed me all the way to Lynnwood at 65mph.
Old 04-22-2005, 01:10 AM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by howierd42
They are getting sneakier all the time. I wish someone would post up all of the unmarked cars in this state so we would all be aware of them and have half a chance.
Just need to bring along a digital camera when driving... maybe we could start a little website for it.
Old 04-22-2005, 09:00 AM
12 Second Club

Only other thing I look for on unmarked cars besides the obvious XMT, lights, is the WSP as the last three letters. Also most of the unmarked state patrol units have moving radar so a fuzz buster will help there too.

Quick Reply: Another new WSP sneaker