Northwest Members WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, SD, ND

Not all camaro drivers are friendly

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2005, 01:11 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The average LS1 owner is oblivous and lacks respect as to what they have under their own hoods, let alone what's under any other generation of F-body. So don't feel bad...
Old 06-01-2005, 03:03 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Amorget
It is not this group that I find ignored the other generations, its the average LS1 owner you find around on the street
This man speaks the truth. I feel so left out being slow.
Old 06-01-2005, 03:23 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by iansane
This man speaks the truth. I feel so left out being slow.
me, personally I love 3rd gens. Most of the lil childs dream car after Knight Rider http://www.knightrideronline.com/ But as Rottluver said mostly teenagers drive these cars because 3rd gens are now very easy to afford cars
Old 06-01-2005, 07:55 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by TwoFast4Lv
I find that many are not waving or being decent thiese days. I am always looking and waving.
I look & wave too Ellis, at Camaros & Firebirds of ALL generations.
Old 06-01-2005, 10:04 AM
Loves to change spark plugs

Originally Posted by Rottluver
To quote someone from the recent past in this section....."What an ***-cake"

It isn't like the dude lost to a ricer for God's sake......it was another F-Body. Sounds like he needs his *** removed for that super-unsafe brake move. I woulda gave him a few fingers of my mind if it had been me.

BTW, 97BlackT\A, I always try to wave at any Poncho driver, especially another Bird owner, LT1 or LS1 or whatever. We are all in the family together.
Yeah, me too. I see at least 3 Birds every week to and from work, and a handful of Z's and SS's. NONE of them acknowledge a wave, and I waved countless times. I get more respect from a guy that drives a nice red IROC than 4th gens. I'm so used to ignoring them anymore on my commute that when a red 96-97 ram air was heading towards me last summer I almost had a stroke when the driver gave a huge wave out the open T-Tops.
Old 06-01-2005, 10:47 AM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by 97BlackT\A
Yeah, me too. I see at least 3 Birds every week to and from work, and a handful of Z's and SS's. NONE of them acknowledge a wave, and I waved countless times. I get more respect from a guy that drives a nice red IROC than 4th gens. I'm so used to ignoring them anymore on my commute that when a red 96-97 ram air was heading towards me last summer I almost had a stroke when the driver gave a huge wave out the open T-Tops.
I hear that.......a few weeks before I moved I was cruising up one of the canyons outside of L.A. and much to my astonishment, a dude on a sport bike waved at me so hard he almost fell off. I was floored........and very happy. I miss having my Ninja when 99% of all bikers, sport or otherwise, would take the time to give you a wave or a nod at least.........ahhh, those were the days.
Old 06-01-2005, 12:10 PM
TECH Resident

If you are on a bike most other bikes still do the low down wave or a head nod. It was one of the surprises of buying a bike
Old 06-01-2005, 12:24 PM
TECH Addict

When I'm on my motorcycle I always wave to other riders. When I am in the Trans Am I always wave to other fbodies. Almost all bikes will wave back but almost none of the fbodies will.
Old 06-01-2005, 01:26 PM
TECH Fanatic

As a Thirdgen owner I normally find that most typical LS1 owners are stuck up and don't even acknowledge other F-body owners of the "lowlier" years.
Believe it our not we have some guys in the club like this. If its not their generation they dont want to talk about anything else. Or if your car is not stock they dont want to talk to you, or if your car is not modded they dont want to talk to you. But heck with well over 300 Memberships in the club you cant weed out the "purest groups" you just got to go with the flow.
Old 06-01-2005, 05:10 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I disagree with that completely. Most "LS1 owners" would either like to or do own a F-Body from any of the prior Gens. Personally, I wold love to have two or three different camaros from each Generation that was made. I don't think that my camaro is the baddest-*** car on the road... I have a friend who has an '86 Z28 who can smoke me in a heads-up race any day of the week (granted, he has done o' lot of engine work to it, but it is still a 3rd Gen Z28). If you have run into a "LS1 snob" somewhere, then that is too bad, but all the "LS1 owners" I know don't think down on other F-Body onwers of different Gens.

As a Thirdgen owner I normally find that most typical LS1 owners are stuck up and don't even acknowledge other F-body owners of the "lowlier" years.
Old 06-01-2005, 05:41 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Rottluver
To quote someone from the recent past in this section....."What an ***-cake"

It isn't like the dude lost to a ricer for God's sake......it was another F-Body. Sounds like he needs his *** removed for that super-unsafe brake move. I woulda gave him a few fingers of my mind if it had been me.

BTW, 97BlackT\A, I always try to wave at any Poncho driver, especially another Bird owner, LT1 or LS1 or whatever. We are all in the family together.
I agree guys like that need to be pulled out of the car and the **** whipped out of them.Most f-body owners love to go head to head with another f-body It's sibling rivalry. Now if i ever lost to a ricer i would be so sad But on the same note i would shake his hand and tell him good job. Then call ellis for more mods LOL
Old 06-01-2005, 07:22 PM
TECH Fanatic

I Always wave to fellow F-body owners, Vettes, Mustangs...If they are nice cars they deserve a wave...but unfortunately 90% of them don't wave back We used to wave at Brandon (Lt1Factor) here in town before we knew him though he always waves back and now look...he's a friend

And Tom, I beat a Ricer once...a long long time ago and after I let him catch back up to me he gave me a big 'ol Thumbs up...happened on the freeway with a car full of teeny boppers too..they were all hanging out the windows cheering..I was just playing with them, I think they just wanted to hear my car and see it go... The same thing happened with a Bike a couple months ago when Ellis was Driving...he was right on our tail but couldn't get past us...it's cool to get those Thumbs up or waves..
Old 06-01-2005, 07:57 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Wow How did i miss this post.

As a ls1 owner I do not look down on any generations of camaros. As a matter of fact I would give my left leg for a first gen.i owned a second generation Had to part with it for reason i won't go into.

And i would love to get my paws on a 86 or so Iroc z. I'm currently looking at a jet black 95 z28 with the tee tops 6 speed. (for naughty angel )
Old 06-01-2005, 08:23 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by MrPongoSS
If you have run into a "LS1 snob" somewhere, then that is too bad, but all the "LS1 owners" I know don't think down on other F-Body onwers of different Gens.
My thoughts exactly! My favorites are the 1st gens, Maros or Birds. I had a 69 Camaro & wish I still had it. That was a NICE car, even tho it wasn't finished. It wouldn't beat my 00 TA in the 1/4 or thru the turns, but it was one of my all time favotie cars. That said, it would have to be a special 1st gen to get me to trade straight across at this point. VERY SPECIAL!!!
Old 06-01-2005, 08:55 PM
12 Second Club

Well until I read this post I thought I was getting a lot of thumbs up could be my eye sights going and I've been getting flipped off.

My mom had a 67 400 Firebird, 70 Trans Am, 70 Formula 400. I've had a 79 Trans Am 400 4-speed, 82 Trans Am, 84 Trans Am (yeah it was black like Kit) lusted after a LT-1 for years and now my 2000 SS, I like them all.
Old 06-01-2005, 08:56 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by MrPongoSS
If you have run into a "LS1 snob" somewhere, then that is too bad, but all the "LS1 owners" I know don't think down on other F-Body onwers of different Gens.
I've ran into more LS1 snobs then non-LS1 snobs in my time hanging out w/ LS1s. Granted, very few are from "local" message boards. 1st gen owners are almost as bad... if not worse as not wanting to talk to other gens. Never really ran into snobby 2nd gen owners, and same with 3rd gen owners. Basically it has always seemed that when the next gen came out the previous generation was pretty much looked down on. For the record of anyone that doesn't know, I have 5 Thirdgens, a LS1 4th gen and a 1st gen, so I see how people act differently depending on what car I happen to have insured at the time.
Old 06-01-2005, 09:00 PM
TECH Fanatic

I almost forgot that on the way back from Yakima the other day I had a guy yell out the window "Nice Car!" That was pretty cool! I waved and said Thanks...

Then we had a car come next to us with an older couple that held up their little Shih tzu dog..I have my license frame "I love my Shih tzu"
Old 06-01-2005, 09:04 PM
TECH Resident

Yeah, I was at the light the other day and there was a 80s Stang next to me. I looked over and he was all grinning and happy, then revved his engine. So I revved back and the guy was jumping up and down in his seat all giddy. I took that as enough of a compliment
Old 06-01-2005, 09:46 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

86 Camaro - 4 cylinder 4 speed, t-tops, dark blue, tan interior - put 186,000 on it before the motor let go. One of the best cars I ever owned.
Old 06-01-2005, 09:51 PM
TECH Resident

You had an Iron Duke?? Sweet!!! Any pics? I've never seen an Iron Duke w/ t-tops.