Northwest Members WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, SD, ND

Not all camaro drivers are friendly

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2005, 12:44 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Not all camaro drivers are friendly

maybe it's just because he lost a friendly run from a roll, but...

I get on the freeway from a two-lane on-ramp messing with a 993 Carrera-4 and there's this black SS on the freeway about 7 lengths back. I let the small fish go for a slightly bigger one and I see him narrowing the gap quickly.

I'm in lane 3 and he moves from lane 3 to lane 2 to pass; he's closing at a speed differential of about 20mph. I downshift to 3rd and apply moderate throttle to match speed. He doesn't slow; in fact i hear he's on it hard. ...So I grab 2nd and go WFO from about 50mph. He gets about half a length from inertia and I reel him in; pull about three lengths by the top of 3rd. He didn't have a chance.

So, I slow back down to give him the thumbs up for the run... and he rolls by looking dead ahead as if nothing happened. Then he goes WOT right after he passes me; so I dig in behind him to run up with him... and he BRAKE CHECKS me. TWICE. So I upshift to sixth and keep my distance. What a punk.

Here are his curriculę vitę:
1999 Camaro SS
Navy Blue Metallic
Clear corner markers (drivers side is out)
SLP Dual Dual exhaust
Number plate 616-KXJ
Driver is upper-30s Asian or Pacific islander.

If any of you know know this guy, tell him he's a goober. Don't brake check people at 70MPH. So unsportsmanlike.
Old 05-31-2005, 01:20 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What a jerk! The guy needs to give credit where it's due. I figure if you can beat me, you have a FAST car & should be told so. I'm never upset with the other guy when I lose (maybe with myself if I screwed up). But if you're going to be a ***** when you lose, then don't race.
Old 05-31-2005, 01:42 PM
TECH Regular

Damn. Some guys can't take a loss. I find that when I lose a hard roll on the freeway (which seems to be a lot ) others don't even give me the time of day. I'll try to wave or give a thumbs up and they just cruise by not even looking.
Old 05-31-2005, 01:46 PM
TECH Addict

I'm always amazed at some people's reactions to a loss ... and sometimes even when they win. It's like their entire self image is tied up in their car or something ? Truly baffles me. BTW Mark, what's it like when you lose anyway ? j/k ! lol !
Old 05-31-2005, 05:17 PM
Loves to change spark plugs

What a doughball! Stupid move brake checking... what else can be said about that in polite company? Kinda' what I expect from a few sore snobbish LT1 Vette owners I've had the luck to beat, but even they were not that bad.

Firebird owners can be just as bad, by the way. I get snubbed all the time by acouple of LS1 Ram Air drivers and an LS1 Formula driver.
Whatever.
Old 05-31-2005, 05:20 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Where did this happen at? I think I know the car you are talking about. There are many A-holes out there, both on the street and at the shows... sad to see that since we are all apart of a big community of camaro fans.

Originally Posted by narcszm
maybe it's just because he lost a friendly run from a roll, but...

I get on the freeway from a two-lane on-ramp messing with a 993 Carrera-4 and there's this black SS on the freeway about 7 lengths back. I let the small fish go for a slightly bigger one and I see him narrowing the gap quickly.

I'm in lane 3 and he moves from lane 3 to lane 2 to pass; he's closing at a speed differential of about 20mph. I downshift to 3rd and apply moderate throttle to match speed. He doesn't slow; in fact i hear he's on it hard. ...So I grab 2nd and go WFO from about 50mph. He gets about half a length from inertia and I reel him in; pull about three lengths by the top of 3rd. He didn't have a chance.

So, I slow back down to give him the thumbs up for the run... and he rolls by looking dead ahead as if nothing happened. Then he goes WOT right after he passes me; so I dig in behind him to run up with him... and he BRAKE CHECKS me. TWICE. So I upshift to sixth and keep my distance. What a punk.

Here are his curriculę vitę:
1999 Camaro SS
Navy Blue Metallic
Clear corner markers (drivers side is out)
SLP Dual Dual exhaust
Number plate 616-KXJ
Driver is upper-30s Asian or Pacific islander.

If any of you know know this guy, tell him he's a goober. Don't brake check people at 70MPH. So unsportsmanlike.
Old 05-31-2005, 05:24 PM
TECH Veteran

To quote someone from the recent past in this section....."What an ***-cake"

It isn't like the dude lost to a ricer for God's sake......it was another F-Body. Sounds like he needs his *** removed for that super-unsafe brake move. I woulda gave him a few fingers of my mind if it had been me.

BTW, 97BlackT\A, I always try to wave at any Poncho driver, especially another Bird owner, LT1 or LS1 or whatever. We are all in the family together.
Old 05-31-2005, 05:30 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Rottluver
It isn't like the dude lost to a ricer for God's sake......it was another F-Body.
Another LS1 anyway.

Originally Posted by Rottluver
BTW, 97BlackT\A, I always try to wave at any Poncho driver, especially another Bird owner, LT1 or LS1 or whatever. We are all in the family together.
I'd have to say that the best looking Fourth gen is a 1997 WS-6. IMHO, the LS1 poncho guys are all bent because the LT1s look so much better.
Old 05-31-2005, 05:34 PM
TECH Veteran

Another LS1 anyway.
It wasn't an F-body? Oops, my bad.
I'd have to say that the best looking Fourth gen is a 1997 WS-6. IMHO, the LS1 poncho guys are all bent because the LT1s look so much better.
Having had both a '96 WS6, a 2000 WS6 and a 2002 WS6, I would have to agree that the 96-97's were the best looking IMHO. While I like the looks of mine, I think the LT1 WS6's were more aggresive looking as well as having smoother/cleaner lines.
Old 05-31-2005, 08:56 PM
TECH Apprentice

I can think of another Fbody driver thats posting in this thread that can be a **** at times as well...what are the odds
Old 05-31-2005, 09:02 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by LT1Factor
I can think of another Fbody driver thats posting in this thread that can be a **** at times as well...what are the odds
If I laugh at that, am I a bad person?
Old 05-31-2005, 09:13 PM
10 Second Club

Losing to a Vette in an SS is no disgrace. Myself, I don't get it. I got beat by an Eagle Talon. There are faster cars out there. Even ricers. Race & you will find them. But show them respect, win or lose. Even if it's to some ugly old 71 Camaro with a BBC in it.
Old 05-31-2005, 09:23 PM
TECH Veteran

Damn... brake checking like that is the act of someone lower than a snake's *******. If I lose to another car, I ain't bitter about it... there's always someone faster.

Originally Posted by WAHUSKER
Even if it's to some ugly old 71 Camaro with a BBC in it.
...I heard there might be a fast one of those. Probably just some nasty rumor.
Old 05-31-2005, 10:15 PM
TECH Enthusiast

what a looser
please do not stereotype all camaro drivers like him majeed

you know that I'd never do that
Old 06-01-2005, 12:14 AM
TECH Resident

As a Thirdgen owner I normally find that most typical LS1 owners are stuck up and don't even acknowledge other F-body owners of the "lowlier" years.
Old 06-01-2005, 12:20 AM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by LT1Factor
Aaawww my first compliment.
Old 06-01-2005, 12:23 AM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by yekta
what a looser
please do not stereotype all camaro drivers like him majeed

you know that I'd never do that
As the owner of 3 prior 3rd Gens, I have the utmost respect for them. Matter of fact, I am looking for another one in the near future to toy with. Sadly, there are so few in decent shape or that aren't being driven by punk kids who have something to prove. If I see a nice car (or m/c), regardless, I try to give a thumbs up. Nice cars are nice cars, no matter what year/style/brand/etc.
Old 06-01-2005, 12:38 AM
10 Second Club

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I find that many are not waving or being decent thiese days. I am always looking and waving. I miss a few due to the daily scan and grind but try.

As far as soar not big whinners? Don and I Caught a ZX10R the other day on 9 leaving Marks. He could not run away from us so he brake checked us...Good god damn thing they give us ABS so we can stop AND steer at the same time. Good way to get your self killed Brake checking cars doing tripple digits!

That is OK at the next light he damn near layed it down trying to show off on a front wheel stand I thought we were going to have to get out and pick his dumb *** up!

Not every one is nice and half of them forgot there brains at home
Old 06-01-2005, 12:43 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by TwoFast4Lv
Not every one is nice and half of them forgot there brains at home
Old 06-01-2005, 12:44 AM
TECH Resident

It is not this group that I find ignored the other generations, its the average LS1 owner you find around on the street