Northwest Members WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, SD, ND

Mustang Bashing!

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2005, 04:03 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by esoteric
You've got to make it to one of the tracks. The season is short, and I am not real certain this sport is going to last a lot longer...
I wanna race you I have never been beaten By a mustang..Your car looks like a good run for my money.In fact i'm unbeaten somebody needs to take me out lol.That is street racing I will post more on the subject a little later
Old 07-08-2005, 04:20 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by NVME88GT
My car isn't that fast. Not fast at all in fact. I keep hearing how fast everybody's car is up here, but they always seem to be broken (not directed at any one persons specifically). I even was told one night to "back the **** up" because I didn't know what fast was. I am just hoping to see one of these cars in action so I too can know the true meaning of a fast REAL street car. Everytime I go out I end up standing in a parking lot till 1 am.

Uh huh, you've seen my broke assed ride run, not against your Stang, just your 9 second Gixxer so don't talk bad about ALL of us up there, just some of us.
Old 07-08-2005, 05:27 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by esoteric
You've got to make it to one of the tracks. The season is short, and I am not real certain this sport is going to last a lot longer...
I'll be at the last 4 CCC's. And whatever other test and tunes I can make.

You don't think drag racing will be around long? I think it will.
Old 07-08-2005, 05:37 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Rokko
If the tree swinging nut huggers have their way, there will be no fast loud cars, no smoking of any kind, no guns, no liquor, and no strip clubs. Basically everything that makes life worth living...

Just to **** them all off, I plan to open the very first drag strip/shooting range/strip club. Gonna call it Scooters, Shooters, 'n' Cooters. There will be lots of drinking, smoking, and lap dances in the staging lanes and shooting lanes. So far my request for a permit in downtown Bellevue has been turned down, but I keep trying.
Old 07-08-2005, 05:40 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Tranzor_Z28
If the tree swinging nut huggers have their way, there will be no fast loud cars, no smoking of any kind, no guns, no liquor, and no strip clubs. Basically everything that makes life worth living...

Just to **** them all off, I plan to open the very first drag strip/shooting range/strip club. Gonna call it Scooters, Shooters, 'n' Cooters. There will be lots of drinking, smoking, and lap dances in the staging lanes and shooting lanes. So far my request for a permit in downtown Bellevue has been turned down, but I keep trying.

I don't think this will happen in my lifetime. But if it does, me and the formy are off to Amsterdam to live.
Old 07-08-2005, 07:13 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by CharlieCobra03
Uh huh, you've seen my broke assed ride run, not against your Stang, just your 9 second Gixxer so don't talk bad about ALL of us up there, just some of us.

Hurry up and get that thing running. I am bringing the Stang to "Mt Verlington" saturday night, weather permitting. As far as my "9 second GSXR" goes, whenever you want to run it again, I'll set you out 10 for $100 since I tried SO HARD last time and only won by 8.
Old 07-08-2005, 07:15 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by slowpokez28
I wanna race you I have never been beaten By a mustang..Your car looks like a good run for my money.In fact i'm unbeaten somebody needs to take me out lol.That is street racing I will post more on the subject a little later

I'm game. That way at least one of will get taken down a belt loop or two.
Old 07-08-2005, 07:18 PM
Launching!

Now that's funny. Where was this? Up north?

Mine's one of the slower LS1's here. Low 13's is all. What's your Stang run? But hell, I just like to run.
It has been in Mt. Vernon a handfull of times. The Stang should go slightly better than 13s. Who knows. Only one way to find out.
Old 07-08-2005, 07:35 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I wanna go Since I live here and all haha !
Old 07-08-2005, 08:56 PM
TECH Apprentice

I'll be at the last 4 CCC's. And whatever other test and tunes I can make.

Hope so, but I have my concerns (I meant in the form we now enjoy it)
Old 07-08-2005, 09:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Tranzor_Z28

Don't ya mean "tree swinging carpet munchers"?

I'm all for Scooters, Shooters, 'n' Cooters, then I could send my hubby off and still know where he is every night!
Old 07-08-2005, 09:12 PM
10 Second Club

Shooters, Scooters & Cooters? Hey, what about HOOTERS?!!!

ANd I hope to race a couple of these fast Mustangs this year so I can gauge how much I improve next year. I may even take that GSXr up on a 10 length spot race.....
Old 07-08-2005, 09:20 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by WAHUSKER
Shooters, Scooters & Cooters? Hey, what about HOOTERS?!!!

ANd I hope to race a couple of these fast Mustangs this year so I can gauge how much I improve next year. I may even take that GSXr up on a 10 length spot race.....
Oh, I'm sure if that place opens up, there will be tons of Hooters...no worries there!
Old 07-08-2005, 10:00 PM
10 Second Club

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

So you guys been hanging out there a while right? and that crowd used to hang at Herfy's in Everett?

I had the Blue Z28 no one would race I kinda got a rep back in then(98-00 or so) from when I had the blower on the car. After the blower left(explosion stage right!) the car was even faster. Every time I showed up 5-6 guys would crawl all over it looking for a new set of turbo's Hard to find Turbo's when you are running an under the cover Juicer

Steph has posted some vids from back then. one is in 2000 juicing 11.7s against Ryan(who's car ran Nines when he sold it last year) and one of my car in 2003 N/A running 11.8s.

This is not fast by any means. Then again it was consistant 1.65 to 1.67 60fts and 11.87 backed by a 11.85 Bracket racing consistant

I started lossing the rings that year and figured i had push a stock GM short block far enough. I Tore it apart so yes I am in that club.

Make no mistakes there are a few coming. we are dropping the 6.6L LT4 in JimBobs car this weekend and as soon as I get the intake built(yes built not bought) we should have it out to the track. Hot on the heel's of that my new 6.0L Motor is about finished and should be re-joining my car to come and play.

Until then yes the most I can run is mo mouth and my wifes car....The one I beat Esoteric in

I say screw it all lets race and have fun!
Old 07-09-2005, 12:34 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by rotwiler
I used to be a Mustang fan but when the GT's ran 15 second 1/4 miles in the mid 90's I decided Chevy was the route to go. I've owned a 71 Mach 1, 1 96 Mustang GT auto, and a 1996 Mustang GT 5 speed Convertible. I've also owned a 64 Pontiac Cattalina with 389 tri power, Monte Carlo SS and a 79 Camaro that I put a motor in, a IROC and now my 02 Z28. I still would like a 69 Mach 1, or a 04 Cobra. But you have to think, if you come to a F Body site there isn't going to be Ford fans here, just like any Mustang site will bash F Bodys. I've been on both sites when I had the Mustangs and they bashed F Bodys, so works both ways.
This is how I see it... the Mach 1s, Boss 302 and 429s, and any of the Shelbys were bad *** cars. Can't argue with those at all and I would love to own any of those cars. Other than that, I never got into Mustangs. I never could get comfortable in them and they were so mass produced that they are a dime a dozen. Even the new 'Stangs are starting to get boring to me now. You are seeing them everywhere. The jury is still out on the new Shelby when it comes out.
You love the Blue Oval and the original pony car, stand by it. The SVT supercharged Mustangs kick *** on the track, but remember 'Stang lovers... it took Ford until after GM killed the F-Body to produce a Mustang that held it's own with them. Run a stock '01 GT against a stock '01 Z28 and see who comes out on top.
Old 07-09-2005, 01:43 AM
TECH Addict

Stock GTO's are still killing stock Mustangs. But if I was going to buy a modern muscle car, it would be a 'stang. Why? Because they aren't making Trans Am's or Camaro's any more. If they did I would be willing to bet dollars to doughnuts that the GM cars would still be showing the F**d POS's where the bear $#!*s in the woods. Just deal with it.
Old 07-09-2005, 01:46 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by howierd42
Stock GTO's are still killing stock Mustangs. But if I was going to buy a modern muscle car, it would be a 'stang. Why? Because they aren't making Trans Am's or Camaro's any more. If they did I would be willing to bet dollars to doughnuts that the GM cars would still be showing the F**d POS's where the bear $#!*s in the woods. Just deal with it.
Totally agree with you, Howierd!
Old 07-09-2005, 04:20 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by MrPongoSS
Totally agree with you, Howierd!
Hey you totally left out the roush man. Of all mustangs. always forgetting about young wallace, 20th b-day is coming up, got a guy coming up to look at the stang for 22k, so if that sells, oh yeah. going to be a good summer.
Old 07-09-2005, 08:36 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by TwoFast4Lv
So you guys been hanging out there a while right? and that crowd used to hang at Herfy's in Everett?

I had the Blue Z28 no one would race I kinda got a rep back in then(98-00 or so) from when I had the blower on the car. After the blower left(explosion stage right!) the car was even faster. Every time I showed up 5-6 guys would crawl all over it looking for a new set of turbo's Hard to find Turbo's when you are running an under the cover Juicer

Steph has posted some vids from back then. one is in 2000 juicing 11.7s against Ryan(who's car ran Nines when he sold it last year) and one of my car in 2003 N/A running 11.8s.

This is not fast by any means. Then again it was consistant 1.65 to 1.67 60fts and 11.87 backed by a 11.85 Bracket racing consistant

I started lossing the rings that year and figured i had push a stock GM short block far enough. I Tore it apart so yes I am in that club.

Make no mistakes there are a few coming. we are dropping the 6.6L LT4 in JimBobs car this weekend and as soon as I get the intake built(yes built not bought) we should have it out to the track. Hot on the heel's of that my new 6.0L Motor is about finished and should be re-joining my car to come and play.

Until then yes the most I can run is mo mouth and my wifes car....The one I beat Esoteric in

I say screw it all lets race and have fun!
Thank Bill Bracket for inventing handicapped racing.

So your car runs 11's WITH a power adder?
Old 07-09-2005, 08:42 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by howierd42
Stock GTO's are still killing stock Mustangs.
We must be going to different tracks! I'd have to give the new Mustangs a slight edge or call it even. But that's Ford. If the cars start going too fast, Ford will reduce the displacement again.

One thing I do agree with you guys about: pushrods!

Pardon the self indulgence that follows, but a few of you might be able to identify with my decision process and many will likely disagree.

When I returned to the US after a long absence (more than 10 years), I was shocked by the number of modified imports. I like small cars; and, being an enthusiest, wanted to buy a car for which aftermarket parts were readily available. I called two of the local shops that modified imports and asked what would be required to run 13's. I could see from the reply that I could go faster for less with an old American V8 -but which one? Chevy had that great interchangeability -always a big plus. Ford had the 5.0 Mustangs, cheap, and a catalog away from anything one could want. To go fast for less, I chose the Mustang -and I still think it was the correct choice.

More recently, my wife decided she wanted a mid-life-crisis car. We drove everything. I wanted her to get a Camero -we drove 4 different ones. But ultimately she chose a Mustang (I made her get a V8, though) because the Camero didn't have enough room in it (We have one 11 year-old). I think that fault is what killed the Camero.

So that's how someone with no brand loyalty ended up with Mustangs. Of course, that's not the complete story, but it's probably more than you wanted to read already.

Last edited by esoteric; 07-09-2005 at 09:45 AM.

Quick Reply: Mustang Bashing!