Northwest Members WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, SD, ND

My Parent's truck

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2005, 02:38 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default My Parent's truck

So last week I blew a red light on Airport Rd by Paine Field around 6:15 Am or so and got pulled over while driving my parent's truck........was a Snohomish County Deputy and he let me slide.......nice dude.

Yesterday (Thursday) I was going down the Mukilteo Speedway and was stopped for a red light (also in their truck) and got creamed from behind by some little 17 yr old bimbo on her cell phone.

Fortunately her car got the worst of it but my fuggin neck & back are sure sore as hell today. Not too mention it is hard to open the tailgate of the truck now.

I need to stop driving that ******* truck.

Although on the bright side, had I been in my car during the accident, it would have easily caused $3-5k in damages. Been there, done that, got the bills to prove it cuz the ***** had no insurance last March when I got rear-ended in my T/A.
Old 07-23-2005, 02:52 AM
TECH Addict

Damn dude that SUCKS. I feel so lucky that this has not happened to me.. *crosses fingers* I hope you can repair the truck easily.
Old 07-23-2005, 08:05 AM
10 Second Club

See what happens when you don't blow thru those red lights? And cops tell how dangerous it is....well you have the proff now huh Darrin?
Old 07-23-2005, 10:16 AM
TECH Veteran

I hate to sound like a parent but....hand over the keys to that truck and don't ask to borrow them again!

That sucks royal especially with your back being wonky as it is - the upside - her insurance will settle for max amount due to "pre-existing back injury".
ask me, I know

Hope you aren't too sore and the truck is fixed properly and soon, its time to see you show up at *any event*. Maybe a Hooters night is in order
Old 07-23-2005, 01:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

That sucks Darrin...sorry to hear that...

You need to take it easy this weekend and get your back rested up for the next CCC
Old 07-23-2005, 02:31 PM
TECH Fanatic

my friend got rearended the other day, broke out the liscense plate light and barely bent the bumper, and he took it to the body shop and they quoted him $565 for it. Of course he'll just have the lady who rearended him's insurance give him a check and fix the light and pocket the rest.
Old 07-23-2005, 02:52 PM
Teching In

What kind of engine is in the truck... lol

That sucks man
Old 07-23-2005, 05:56 PM
TECH Veteran

Thanks everyone. The bumper is pushed in about 2 inches, but otherwise it seems ok........and I was moving stuff for my folks, in their truck, so it wasn't like I "borrowed" it.

I have to sign off for a few days so I will be back on Tuesday hopefully.......See y'all then.
Old 07-23-2005, 06:35 PM
TECH Regular

My son was rear ended by a 17yo several yrs ago. He'll probably have problems when he gets older, but her insurance paid off enough for him to get another car for cash and pay the rest of his UW tuition.

Quick Reply: My Parent's truck