Northwest Members WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, SD, ND

Dennys Driveshaft?

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2005, 12:56 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Denny's is basically just a 3" x .080" powder coated steel driveshaft. Just go to your local driveshaft shop and have em make one to length with 1350 yokes and you should be fine. Probably save some cash too.

Nate
Old 11-21-2005, 01:36 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Nate_Taufer
Denny's is basically just a 3" x .080" powder coated steel driveshaft. Just go to your local driveshaft shop and have em make one to length with 1350 yokes and you should be fine. Probably save some cash too.

Nate
Make sure to get a written warranty if you do that. Otherwise you might not save any cash at all
Old 11-23-2005, 09:57 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Poik
Make sure to get a written warranty if you do that. Otherwise you might not save any cash at all
This man speaks the truth. I finally got ahold of the guys at NW Driveline and they said that the general concensous around their shop was that since I bought my shaft mid-late last year that I'd have to pay to have to repaired. They wouldn't cover their work. I was dumbfounded. I was unaware that they consider a driveshaft, the shaft itself a wearable item. He asked me if it was in a racecar because they couldn't gaurantee anything if it was a track car. Uh, no. It's a 305 and a stock 10 bolt. I'm pushing the same power new v6's are. He asked if I wanted them to fix it and charge me. I told him no and that I'd like them to give me an estimate and then call me. I'm going to try to talk to them again on monday and try to get them to cover this. It's obviously a failed weld. I was pissed it broke, I'm over it. I don't care. I was lucky to not pole vault the car; I just want a new shaft.

Last edited by iansane; 11-24-2005 at 03:52 AM.
Old 11-23-2005, 11:07 PM
10 Second Club

That's fuggin rediculous! If the U-joint had broken I could understand, but that is clearly a broken weld! Well, you can tell them they just lost a sale. Dennys' it is.....

Quick Reply: Dennys Driveshaft?