Northwest Members WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, SD, ND

CCCA August 20th, Bremerton (Long Post)

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2005, 06:28 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

All I am really looking to do is finish up this week's car club challenge Friday in decent position and have confidence for next year.

I would have been in the semi's but i made a rookie mistake and will be sure to not make it again.

After this friday I am going to look for someone to up my shift points and up my rev limiter a little bit more and mess with my 2-3 shift. I have no problem doing a 150+ shot but I want my car to react nicely with this 100. I'm going to talk with a buddy of mine in auburn and see what he can do.
Old 08-21-2005, 06:41 PM
11 Second Club

Esoteric, (John I believe). Do you run 87 octane in your car. If you don;t want to tell that is fine.
Old 08-21-2005, 06:43 PM
11 Second Club

The reason I ask is I have a friend with a car like yours and he dynoed better numbers (on the bottle) with regular than premium gas. Just curious
Old 08-21-2005, 11:23 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Robert56
I think tylerb59 had a c5 for lunch, also. Can't rememder who it was, maybe Ray knows.
Robert
*** munch, lol. If I remember correct wasn't that a 12.5 on your time slip against Rick. Let's do a little run down for fun of the last runs:

1. Rick - 11.5
2. Tyler - 11.93
3. Rey - 12.20
4. Robert - 12.52

LOL, it's ok who car looks better at the end of the day.

On a side note, if I don't get 11's once the 90/90 setup is in. Then a 50-100 shot, will find it's way into my setup.
Old 08-21-2005, 11:59 PM
11 Second Club

To tell you the truth Rey, If you are not looking to always spray I would not even start. Because once you start you won't stop.
Old 08-22-2005, 12:01 AM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by strobelite
To tell you the truth Rey, If you are not looking to always spray I would not even start. Because once you start you won't stop.
I imagine the power boost is enough to be VERY addictive..........I wouldn't wanna have that on my street car.....can't imagine how stupid I would feel after being tempted to use it on the street.
Old 08-22-2005, 12:17 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Rottluver
I imagine the power boost is enough to be VERY addictive..........I wouldn't wanna have that on my street car.....can't imagine how stupid I would feel after being tempted to use it on the street.

Don't diss it till you try it I play around with it all the time on the streets. Why would you feel stupid being tempted using it on the streets?
Old 08-22-2005, 12:21 AM
TECH Veteran

Don't diss it till you try it I play around with it all the time on the streets. Why would you feel stupid being tempted using it on the streets?
Who is dissing it? I just said I figure that kinda power boost above what the car normally has NA would be addictive......and I would feel stupid because there is NO reason to spray on the street, yet that addictive quality would make me want to........ :shrug: Must be the cop in me or the 11ty billion too many accidents I investigated/saw that didn't have to happen if people weren't being foolish.

Now I am NOT preaching or telling other people that if they street race they are or are not good/bad people or are in the wrong or whatever, I am just making an observation based off life experience is all.

And I would feel stupid being tempted to use it on the street because I know better then that......
Old 08-22-2005, 12:32 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That's something I don't have to worry about... I don't plan on stopping...
Old 08-22-2005, 12:54 AM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by Rottluver
I wouldn't use it on the street because filling the bottle is expensive... It'd be track only for me.
Old 08-22-2005, 01:11 AM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by Tranzor_Z28
I wouldn't use it on the street because filling the bottle is expensive... It'd be track only for me.
And yet another fine reason why not to. $$$$$$$
Old 08-22-2005, 01:40 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by tru_ice
*** munch, lol. If I remember correct wasn't that a 12.5 on your time slip against Rick. Let's do a little run down for fun of the last runs:

1. Rick - 11.5
2. Tyler - 11.93
3. Rey - 12.20
4. Robert - 12.52

LOL, it's ok who car looks better at the end of the day.

On a side note, if I don't get 11's once the 90/90 setup is in. Then a 50-100 shot, will find it's way into my setup.
I haven't laughed so hard... yea, I was at the bottom of the food chain this day. The bright side is, there will be another day. You put a 100rwhp shot on that bad boy and your in the low elevens, once it's sorted out. Now if I could just get mine to work.
Robert
Old 08-22-2005, 01:52 AM
TECH Resident

I just wanted to say thanks to everyone for the day. I try and bring a car that should be consistant and easy to race so I can actually make it through on something other then luck... and then it ends up not being legal and I end up racing in a Durango! And HUGE thanks to the owner of that Durango, it made it through to the second round after a single time trial, then broke out BAD (rookie mistake) against Don Berry, I should of had him
Old 08-22-2005, 03:28 AM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by Amorget
And HUGE thanks to the owner of that Durango, it made it through to the second round after a single time trial, then broke out BAD (rookie mistake) against Don Berry, I should of had him
Hey its all good... I still break out bad once in a while because I'm not paying attention. Only recently did I really start watching that stuff... I think its because with my car not running as well as it should, or **** being broken, I stopped worrying about going faster and just went for consistent... and look at that? Two races in a row with a car that wasn't at its best and I make the final 8.
Old 08-22-2005, 08:40 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Robert56
I haven't laughed so hard... yea, I was at the bottom of the food chain this day. The bright side is, there will be another day. You put a 100rwhp shot on that bad boy and your in the low elevens, once it's sorted out. Now if I could just get mine to work.
Robert
I only want 11.5. If I can get there NA GREAT, but the lowest I'll probably get NA will be 11.6-11.7 once the 90/90 setup goes in and the tune gets worked out. You going Friday?
Old 08-22-2005, 09:22 AM
TECH Fanatic

I only want 11.5. If I can get there NA GREAT, but the lowest I'll probably get NA will be 11.6-11.7 once the 90/90 setup goes in and the tune gets worked out. You going Friday?
Hey Robert, Rick just traded in his Cobra today for an Acura. That's the 2nd 11s Cobra traded in, in the past 2 weeks. First Charlie, now Rick. Maybe when he saw your car in the rear view mirror, he figured out no matter how fast he ran, it still wasn't a Vette. LOL, calm down mustang guys, I'm just playing. On a serious note, I think the gas is just killer on those cars that's why the get traded in, plus they're all anticipating the new Shelby.
Old 08-22-2005, 10:30 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Cost $40 to fill the tank this weekend ... and did that 3 times on Saturday.

Can't believe Rick traded the car in.

Chuck's car will be out there though ... life goes on?
Old 08-22-2005, 11:28 AM
11 Second Club

I would never trade my car in.

1. It ain't worth ****.
2. Too much work into the car to let it go.

It will be with me at my funeral i suppose
Old 08-22-2005, 11:36 AM
TECH Veteran

I would never trade my car in.

1. It ain't worth ****.
2. Too much work into the car to let it go.

It will be with me at my funeral i suppose
I saw (what appeared to be) a nice black LT1 T/A on some random (crappy) used car lot in Lynnwood today........no price, but on the windshield it said "Only $2000 down" It was fenced in or I woulda got a look at it/more info.
Old 08-22-2005, 12:04 PM
TECH Senior Member

I am going Wed to Pacific, and if I don't get things figured out, Bremerton over Pacific on Friday, for the more runs factor. I think your vette can reach the above times once you get things sorted out.
RickSVT really traded in his Cobra for a non American Muscle Car?
Robert

Quick Reply: CCCA August 20th, Bremerton (Long Post)