Northwest Members WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, SD, ND

CCCA August 20th, Bremerton (Long Post)

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2005, 12:20 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Robert56
I am going Wed to Pacific, and if I don't get things figured out, Bremerton over Pacific on Friday, for the more runs factor. I think your vette can reach the above times once you get things sorted out.
RickSVT really traded in his Cobra for a non American Muscle Car?
Robert
But if it was an Acura RL....then Those cars are sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet. I would love to have one.
Old 08-22-2005, 12:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

I am going Wed to Pacific, and if I don't get things figured out, Bremerton over Pacific on Friday, for the more runs factor. I think your vette can reach the above times once you get things sorted out.
RickSVT really traded in his Cobra for a non American Muscle Car?
Robert
I might join you on Friday then if you decide to go to Bremerton. Yup Rick traded it in. He's selling his parts tho too, so they'll be another Cobra w/ a KB pretty soon. Hopefully it'll be Paul, to minimize the amount of Cobra's in 11's. lol
Old 08-22-2005, 01:09 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Rottluver
But if it was an Acura RL....then Those cars are sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet. I would love to have one.
Yea, I suppose so. This means I get no rematch.
Robert
Old 08-22-2005, 03:05 PM
10 Second Club

You Vette guys are getting pretty chummy with these Cobra guys.....where is Eric?
Old 08-22-2005, 03:08 PM
TECH Veteran

Yea, I suppose so. This means I get no rematch.
Robert
Sorry about the rematch thing but DAYUM!!!!!! I drove one of those in April and I was in love. Most amazing non-sports car I have ever driven short of the SL65 V12 TT AMG I got to drive earlier this year.
Old 08-22-2005, 03:16 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by WAHUSKER
You Vette guys are getting pretty chummy with these Cobra guys.....where is Eric?
That's tru, I haven't heard of him in a while. Maybe the wife took away his internet priveleges. :shrug:
Old 08-22-2005, 03:45 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by WAHUSKER
Yea, the Cobra guys are pretty cool. I would be driving one myself if I couldn't get a Z06, C5, Camaro, Firebird, GTO, 57-Chev...
Robert

Oh yea, I have owned a Mustang!
Old 08-22-2005, 03:50 PM
TECH Fanatic

Oh yea, I have owned a Mustang!
Isn't it like dating a fat chick Rob, it's could be fun but you wouldn't want your friends to find out.

let me apologize in advance to all the Women that read thIs. unfortuNately, as we all know, men are not as smart as women, and say a bunch of dumb Krap sometimes. This being one of them. Sorry.

Last edited by tru_ice; 08-22-2005 at 03:58 PM.
Old 08-22-2005, 04:16 PM
11 Second Club

Yeah, Bremerton obviously gets more runs in than pacific, HAHA. That's a joke how many runs you get again ?? 3
Old 08-22-2005, 05:00 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Steve Goodwin
The final run of the night was around 8:30 PM
Damn! That is a long day!
Old 08-22-2005, 08:25 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by strobelite
Yeah, Bremerton obviously gets more runs in than pacific, HAHA. That's a joke how many runs you get again ?? 3
Friday nights at bremerton are the nights you get some real TNT in, as there is limited events. I think you and I and Rot got more runs than we could take last time? I think I got 18 runs if I remember correctly.
Robert
Old 08-22-2005, 08:27 PM
11 Second Club

BUT If you remember correctly, and rot can back me up on this 60 ft's were **** and it is kind of a waste of time. I was talkign with rot and he tried bremerton last friday and best of the night was a 13.1 with a 2.1 60 ft :puke:
Old 08-22-2005, 10:34 PM
TECH Senior Member

I don't know? I got my two best 60'ers their, and my best n/a ET. I guess it depends sometimes just like Pacific? I think I'll probably take the gamble, as trying to get my car sorted out, I need the multiple back to back runs. maybe I can break 150 1/4 runs in three months?
Robert
Old 08-23-2005, 11:12 AM
10 Second Club

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

To tell you the truth Rey, If you are not looking to always spray I would not even start. Because once you start you won't stop.

Well then again us normal people have no problems stopping

I am sorry I have not been able to hook up with you to play with your shift points but YOU need to make a choice. You are either going to run juice all the time and live with less N/A prformance or you are going to run N/A and put that bottle away.

Your shift points seem fine N/A? It is when you are juicing that they are a Problem. I can drop them back but your N/A will suffer...and you will likely be unhappy about that then.

Not sure what to tell you other then to have fun with the guy in Auburn
Old 08-23-2005, 12:12 PM
TECH Senior Member

All I am really looking to do is finish up this week's car club challenge Friday in decent position and have confidence for next year.

I would have been in the semi's but i made a rookie mistake and will be sure to not make it again.

After this friday I am going to look for someone to up my shift points and up my rev limiter a little bit more and mess with my 2-3 shift. I have no problem doing a 150+ shot but I want my car to react nicely with this 100. I'm going to talk with a buddy of mine in auburn and see what he can do.
You know if you put window sw on your system it should take your shift issues out of the pic. Just set the high point a couple hundred rpm lower than shift point. Has someone firmed up your shifts and taken some of the factory slip out? Do you have a built Transmission? Your issue may be to much power for a stock or mildly built trans causing problems?
Robert

Edit: Also, what size are your injectors?
Old 08-23-2005, 07:09 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by TwoFast4Lv
Well then again us normal people have no problems stopping

I am sorry I have not been able to hook up with you to play with your shift points but YOU need to make a choice. You are either going to run juice all the time and live with less N/A prformance or you are going to run N/A and put that bottle away.

Your shift points seem fine N/A.
It is when you are juicing that they are a Problem. I can drop them back but your N/A will suffer...and you will likely be unhappy about that then.

Not sure what to tell you other then to have fun with the guy in Auburn

Ultimatly i would like to get two tunes.

1. For N/A CCC
2. For Nitrous passes
3. No need to make N/A Suffer when it takes only a few minutes to switch out tunes. I will not be running nitrous all the time anymore. Maybe 2-3 passes a night, at the end of the night.

Shift points are awesome N/A. Only complaint I have is to maybe add a little bit more timing to see when, and how much timing I can get with out the ping. It it still exists since we havent tried since the fresh small block and non arco am/pm gasoline.

Not Too insult your intelligence. But you have been really busy lately, (Respectable) It's not you are my second choice. There are only a few race days left I would like to get all the kinks ironed out so i won't be wondering all winter long. The guy I would be going to would be the guy who put the motor together. So we will see.

Robert. The tranny is strong. twofastlv (Ellis) Built it bout 6-7 months ago. It is good to go. I have a 255 Walbro fuel pump with 30# injectors which are capable of spraying 150+ I would assume.
Old 08-23-2005, 09:34 PM
TECH Senior Member

When you hit your 150, I would log and see what Injector Duty cycle looks like. Don't you have heads and cam? If so, youll probably be close to, or at/past ideal 80% duty cycle, however, imo, going past the 80% for a short period is no big deal, as long as it's not to far. Log for KR also, and of course a/f.
I really don't understand this problem with your tranny, what exactly is happening. It is very normal to spray through a tranny and have heard of no problem going from one gear to another and not the third or was it second? Why two tunes, for shifting? (get a manual)
Robert
Old 08-23-2005, 10:57 PM
11 Second Club

Well, When you tune for a nitrous pass you are going to lose some power N/A Becuase you pull out so much timing to be able to run it. SO. If i had a nitrous tune and a regular n/a tune I could just throw the nitrous tune in whenever at teh track on the bottle. This would mean NItrous only at the track.

The tranny issue is un-defined. Whenever i go under a 1.65 60 ft. I lose the 1-2 shift. Ideally if i can get that fixed and 1.5X 60 foot is in my future. And 11.5X's are within reach. If not I will be sticking with high 11's for the year and working through it in the winter time.

The problem with the shift points is the motor is reving faster on the bottle than n/a. So when the RPM's get to teh rev limiter FASTER on the bottle the MPH may not be at the set speed to be able to shift. So for a brief moment it bounces off the rev limiter to get teh mph back up. I might be wrong and just talking out my *** though!
Old 08-24-2005, 12:39 AM
TECH Senior Member

Well, When you tune for a nitrous pass you are going to lose some power N/A Becuase you pull out so much timing to be able to run it. SO. If i had a nitrous tune and a regular n/a tune I could just throw the nitrous tune in whenever at teh track on the bottle. This would mean NItrous only at the track.

The tranny issue is un-defined. Whenever i go under a 1.65 60 ft. I lose the 1-2 shift. Ideally if i can get that fixed and 1.5X 60 foot is in my future. And 11.5X's are within reach. If not I will be sticking with high 11's for the year and working through it in the winter time.

The problem with the shift points is the motor is reving faster on the bottle than n/a. So when the RPM's get to teh rev limiter FASTER on the bottle the MPH may not be at the set speed to be able to shift. So for a brief moment it bounces off the rev limiter to get teh mph back up. I might be wrong and just talking out my *** though!
That's a common fallacy, pulling timing on a 150 shot. 90% or more of the time no timing pull is needed on a shot up to 150rwhp. Now if a custom tune program was installed they usually add timing, then logging for Knock Retard is in order. I have run and logged mine upto a 200 shot and have ZERO KR, at least so far. However, with that said, running a dry n2o hit you can pull timing if needed with out affecting n/a timing or performance. You will see maf freq that you won't see n/a and that is where you pull timing. In my web under the links section is a write up on how to do timing pull with dry. There are ways to have two a/f ratios also with a dry hit. Truly two tunes in one in the near future. the a/f dual tune will only work on later models that support AIT vs Fuel Adder, it's a additional fuel multiplier that goes on top of your regular Power Enrichment multiplier, only when spraying and seeing colder temps.

Yes, set the rev limiter up a bit. You shouldn't be hitting it on your shifts (very dangerous when spraying, cuts fuel I believe). Yes it will rev faster, but to get to a higher rpm over n/a it sounds like it may be slipping when additional power is added? Don't know for sure, as I am not into the autos to much. Like you said, tranny issue is undefined, but you shouldn't lose your 1-2 shift just because of cutting a better 60'er, unless power is two much?

I sure hope you get it figured out though. We need more guys on the line to do battle with them Cobras.
Robert
Old 08-24-2005, 01:15 AM
12 Second Club

Ya, the runs are unlimited on fridays, but it is all in the 60 foot for me. I ran last Friday and best 60 I could get at Bremerton was a 1.96 something. Ran 3 times and couldn't break 13's. First run Saturday at Bremerton with the track prep was a 12.696, almost a 1/2 second difference and on a 1.71something 60 foot. My 3rd run was a 1.70something 60', but I had to let off due to the CCC race and still broke out. I wish they would do more to the track on Fridays, now I am getting worried my 10 bolt will bust if I have many of those launches with no prep.

Quick Reply: CCCA August 20th, Bremerton (Long Post)