Northwest Members WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, SD, ND

Video from Woodburn

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2005, 10:35 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Video from Woodburn

Sorry for my little cousins commentary I beat this stang pretty bad he's got 500 hp on his license plate and a 5.0 drivetrain with Nitrous. pretty neet car actually. Funny how at the line you hear him as I'm launching off idle then all you hear is my car all the way down the track. Lot of comments on the sound too bad I suck soo bad at driving it

Woodburn vid

I'm going to upload Maximentals now!
Old 08-21-2005, 10:43 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good run!!!! Too bad you broke out
Old 08-21-2005, 10:45 PM
TECH Junkie

Its just Friday night trial runs really, you get to race again although that was my last run they kept screwing up time slips it was really pissing me off. You could hot lap though from 4-8:30

The GTO vid is going to be awhile its BIG
Old 08-21-2005, 10:47 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 93TAWicked1
Its just Friday night trial runs really, you get to race again although that was my last run they kept screwing up time slips it was really pissing me off. You could hot lap though from 4-8:30

So what was your best run w/ that setup? What type of tires are you running?

Beautiful ride.

Last edited by tru_ice; 08-21-2005 at 10:53 PM.
Old 08-21-2005, 10:47 PM
11 Second Club

OIC, Good run none the less. Excuse me for asking but what are your 60 ft times. That time seems a little low for a z06 with headers
Old 08-21-2005, 10:54 PM
TECH Junkie

LOL headers??? Try headers, cam and intake with 401 to the wheels...yeah I know I suck. Actually the problem is not heating up the tires, after a conversation with DTE about burnouts heating the rear brakes and causing differential failure I just don't do it. I have a line lock then I need to install that should help. But my best 60 ft of the day was 2.15 on that run. But I still spin a bit going into second. Most my runs were 2.2 60ft with 116mph. I just think I'm babying it too much you can hear how long my shifts are....

Thanks Tru Ice for not making too much fun of me...miss my auto I had in my 93 at times like those I like how you say "THO"

Aw well I'm drag race challenged what can I say
Old 08-21-2005, 10:58 PM
11 Second Club

Being conservative and not trying to brake anything? Aren't you curious to see what happens when you go all out?
Old 08-21-2005, 11:02 PM
TECH Junkie

You didn't have to edit your post Ice I wasn't offended, I make driving bad look and sound good

I had Nitto Dr's on for the day with no burnouts. I'd lug it off the line spin a bit then let off a little and it would catch then go you can see it in the vid really, then shifting into second I have to let off a bit before getting into it or it will spin pretty bad. It really picks up steam after the 1/8 though there was not a car I went up against that I wouldn't have caught if the track were just a little bit longer. Even one that ran low 12's I was coming up on him pretty quick.

Plus I think I'm not shifting it hard enough you can hear it pause when going into 3rd and 4th in the vid. Just need to practice. I will say the car is downright scary on the highway...
Old 08-21-2005, 11:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

LOL headers??? Try headers, cam and intake with 401 to the wheels...yeah I know I suck. Actually the problem is not heating up the tires, after a conversation with DTE about burnouts heating the rear brakes and causing differential failure I just don't do it. I have a line lock then I need to install that should help. But my best 60 ft of the day was 2.15 on that run. But I still spin a bit going into second. Most my runs were 2.2 60ft with 116mph. I just think I'm babying it too much you can hear how long my shifts are....

Thanks Tru Ice for not making too much fun of me...miss my auto I had in my 93 at times like those I like how you say "THO"

Aw well I'm drag race challenged what can I say
Just poking at you. Don't wry I can't mustar up better than a 12.1 w/ 405rwhp on my A4. Hopefully I just need a better tune from Ellis to solve that. Next mods for me will be 90/90 w/ a aftermarket MAF, and probably some better fuel injectors. I'm leaning out up top w/ my Vararam, w/ the amount of air coming in. So I can only imagine how much more fuel I'll need after the 90/90 goes in.
Old 08-21-2005, 11:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

You coming out next Friday?
Old 08-21-2005, 11:07 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by strobelite
Being conservative and not trying to brake anything? Aren't you curious to see what happens when you go all out?
That is true although in all honesty I'm not very good at manual burnouts, after trying to practice it in my old WS6 I just figured I'll get a line lock and call it good. The DTE call just justified my inadequecy(SP?) So if the tires aren't sticky and I'm just going to spin there is no reason in my mind to beat the crap out if it for a little better time. I'm thinking a linelock and some 16 inch et streets, and a textrilla clutch next year and launch the bitch.
Old 08-21-2005, 11:09 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by tru_ice
You coming out next Friday?
Nope I have a bachelor party all next weekend, then getting married the weekend after, then going to Mexico for two weeks..... So as sad as it was that was probably my last run for the season. Will be back next year though
Old 08-21-2005, 11:15 PM
TECH Fanatic

Nope I have a bachelor party all next weekend, then getting married the weekend after, then going to Mexico for two weeks..... So as sad as it was that was probably my last run for the season. Will be back next year though
Well congrats, and I'm sry at the same time. lol You figure out which is for which. lol But we'll look forward to seeing you out next yr then, if the WIFE let's you out. On a serious note, have fun and congrats. I've got about 2 yrs left before I jump in to that pool. If you ever need help or advice on the married life ask Mark. lol Apparently he's doing something right, when he's still walking after removing his wife headlight on her car.
Old 08-22-2005, 12:31 AM
On The Tree

You car looks so damn nice Bobby!!! Kind of hard to hear if we are hearing your car or the mustangs. Also looks like you took a little nap on the staging lane.
Old 08-22-2005, 12:51 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by RicksWS6
You car looks so damn nice Bobby!!! Kind of hard to hear if we are hearing your car or the mustangs. Also looks like you took a little nap on the staging lane.

The only time you hear the mustang is before the race and his launch the rest is all me
Old 08-22-2005, 01:34 AM
TECH Regular

yeah, what did maximental run?

he didn't say in the other thread...

and when you're in mexico.. leave the car here for me to get some better times with it

Old 08-22-2005, 01:40 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by Nathan
yeah, what did maximental run?

he didn't say in the other thread...

and when you're in mexico.. leave the car here for me to get some better times with it

**** I've seen you drive your no better than me
Old 08-22-2005, 02:07 AM
TECH Senior Member

That is true although in all honesty I'm not very good at manual burnouts, after trying to practice it in my old WS6 I just figured I'll get a line lock and call it good. The DTE call just justified my inadequecy(SP?) So if the tires aren't sticky and I'm just going to spin there is no reason in my mind to beat the crap out if it for a little better time. I'm thinking a linelock and some 16 inch et streets, and a textrilla clutch next year and launch the bitch.
There ya go, ..."launch that bitch." Get them tires hot, don't worry about your drive train, as your more likely to break from wheel hop with out a good burn out. With my stock clutch and DRs, i would do a hot burn out and on my fifth try, I got my best to date 60'er. I had to really heat them up though, and launched at 3500/3800rpm with a quick disengagement. I know what you mean on how hard it is to do a burn out with stock clutch and no line lock. The Textralia is much, much easier, and now line lock has moved down on list of wants/needs. Don't worry, these cars were made to run hard, and hard is what i am doing. Check out my sellers rating in header for insight on stock Z06 clutch and what it can take. I think I had 89 launches and then sold it for 200 bucks, and it now works fine in an F-body. Come on up and join us sometime, lots of fun. glad you got the stang, as I didn't saturday. Great run by the way, just keep at it, we all started somewhere, and if you watched me Sat you would have thought man aren't Z06's faster than this.
Robert
Old 08-22-2005, 03:18 AM
TECH Regular

**** I've seen you drive your no better than me

haha
you've seen me drive the first time at the track

and even if i did drive as bad as you.. i'd still get better times with my !weight mod

Old 08-22-2005, 03:30 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by Robert56
There ya go, ..."launch that bitch." Get them tires hot, don't worry about your drive train, as your more likely to break from wheel hop with out a good burn out. With my stock clutch and DRs, i would do a hot burn out and on my fifth try, I got my best to date 60'er. I had to really heat them up though, and launched at 3500/3800rpm with a quick disengagement. I know what you mean on how hard it is to do a burn out with stock clutch and no line lock. The Textralia is much, much easier, and now line lock has moved down on list of wants/needs. Don't worry, these cars were made to run hard, and hard is what i am doing. Check out my sellers rating in header for insight on stock Z06 clutch and what it can take. I think I had 89 launches and then sold it for 200 bucks, and it now works fine in an F-body. Come on up and join us sometime, lots of fun. glad you got the stang, as I didn't saturday. Great run by the way, just keep at it, we all started somewhere, and if you watched me Sat you would have thought man aren't Z06's faster than this.
Robert

Thanks for the encouragement! Well you got me thinking about having that line lock installed next week then trying to make it to the track a couple of times late sept... The car should be capable of 11's...maybe I'll buy some BFG DR's too for the rest of the summer

And Nathan you keep up with the fat jokes, just watch it I'll go all Jenny Craig on your *** and you'll have NO advantage

Quick Reply: Video from Woodburn