Northwest Members WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, SD, ND

Moving to WY...... and I'm from Texas

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2005, 12:27 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Moving to WY...... and I'm from Texas

I'll be moving to wyoming in a few weeks to go to Wyotech. I was wondering about to road conditions, during the winter, in laramie around town. Can a camaro make it threw a winter up there? or should I get a truck running that I have and leave the camaro at home.
Old 09-10-2005, 07:30 AM
TECH Veteran

Leave the car at home and get your truck running. If it isn't snowing its icy, another truck vs your car would be ugly.
Old 09-10-2005, 10:32 AM
10 Second Club

While I have never lived in Wy, I have driven through it more times than I care to count. Had my new Cavalier towed to the dealer there because it didn't want to start on 1 glorious 30 fuggin below zero winter morning.

And we almost go blown off the interstate once during a snow storm. They closed the interstate 5 minutes after we drove past the gates because a semi blew over. Oh, did people not mention they have gates on the interstates to close them when the weather gets bad? That should tell you just about everything you need to know....

GET A TRUCK!!!
Old 09-10-2005, 12:37 PM
TECH Apprentice

In the summer I-80 is a nice road through Laramie, but we ran into major hail storms during June/July. I've driven through there at least 5 times in the past year. A friend went to the tech school back in the late 80s for autobody and said you want a truck for the winter.
Old 09-12-2005, 03:44 PM
TECH Regular

I'm in north central Wy and it did get down to -37 deg. last winter. Forecasting up tp 6" of snow in the Big Horn mtns tonight. Maybe another month to drive the SS and it will need to be put up on stands in the garage.
Old 09-13-2005, 01:38 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I got caught in a blizzard int he late 70's. blew off the road into a snow bank and the wind chill was *40 below. Stranded all night in a 56 chevy with holes (rust) in the floor and bad weather striping, it was freaking cold. Summer is nice, winter is brutal, get a truck.
Robert