Northwest Members WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, SD, ND

Saw a somber reminder tonight of why you should respect speed

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2005, 06:16 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by krazzycowgirl
He can borrow mine as well. But mine are Gearheads they love cars. So they would be out helping you working on your car lol
Arica always help me out in the garage and she knows what tool is what...impressive for a 4yr old she wanted to help me pull the heads off the durango but she could'nt lift em LOL so angi helped instead.
Old 10-03-2005, 07:23 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by slowpokez28
Arica always help me out in the garage and she knows what tool is what...impressive for a 4yr old she wanted to help me pull the heads off the durango but she could'nt lift em LOL so angi helped instead.

I lol I came home from work a year or so ago & saw my husband working on his truck I asked where our daughter was & Then I hear this " I am right here mom" Then I look inside the engine Compartment of the truck. He had her holding the fuse box that he was installing.

My 11yr old son can almost do a whole oil change by himself now lol
Old 10-05-2005, 10:51 PM
On The Tree

Default May I add....

1: It's not always YOUR vehicle and/or YOUR driving you have to worry about. My recent experience with the lady who hit me is a good example. There are waaayyyy too many people driving out there that have not adequately earned the privilege and responsibility of driving and/or shouldn't be on the road, regardless of their age. Old people are a hazard too.
2: Defensive driving training/courses for teens are an excellent idea.
3: After having ridden a motorcycle as my primary means of transportation for several years, it seems to me that if everyone was forced to ride one for a while, they would learn to control the vehicle, watch the road and traffic, etc. real quick, ... or they'd be dead. Not very practical, or possibly even humane, I know, but it would work. Most of the people I know who ride very much had an accident of some sort within the first 6-8 months of getting their first bike, myself included. If you're lucky, you live, learn, and get a new perspective.
4: My son brings me more joy than anything else on earth. But leave that poor guy alone, would ya?

Maximental
Old 10-05-2005, 11:36 PM
TECH Resident

I think everyone should be forced to drive a motorcycle for atleast a month in their life. I really think that would give a LOT of stupid people some respect when they are driving their cage. I've learned a lot about driving my car since I started driving my bike.

Quick Reply: Saw a somber reminder tonight of why you should respect speed