Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2005, 03:25 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

the supra wasn't racing
Old 11-16-2005, 10:00 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Cool video. Makes me want to schedule my second day there.

The Ferrari was driving pretty good, but the black Porshe wasn't cutting very good lines at all. The film car(supra) was a little sloppy the first lap, but cut his lines very well on the second lap. That white Porshe at the end definitely looks like a Carrera GTR. I've seen one out there before(may have been the same one) and it completely outclassed the "street" cars.

I would hit 125 easy in the GTO going into turn 1. I saw 130 on my better laps if I held a good line coming out of 7-8. It felt like I should be able to get 135+, but 130 was my adrenaline limit knowing that I had a turn coming up and that it was my first time.

I definitely have to go back soon...especially now that I'm putting down more power.
Old 11-17-2005, 01:45 PM
TECH Resident

I am curious as to why the Supra just blew by the Enzo and the Porsche when the White Porsche passed him? I wouldn't think an Enzo would get walked like that...
Old 11-17-2005, 06:59 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Amorget
I am curious as to why the Supra just blew by the Enzo and the Porsche when the White Porsche passed him? I wouldn't think an Enzo would get walked like that...
Rules of the course. That is one of the designated passing zones. When you let someone pass you are supposed to back off the throttle. The Ferrari and Porsche backing off let the Supra slide in behind the GTR and sneak in his own pass.
Old 11-18-2005, 04:47 AM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm guessing that's the same Enzo I had the honor of passing many times before:

I mean, how many of them can there be?

Great camera work and editing. Very nice video. That said, I'm glad the Supra driver is proud of himself, but...all those cars were running in slow motion. I mean really slow--like 13 seconds or so per lap slower than I was doing last time there without even trying hard.

Not that I mean to drag them down or anything, just to point out that any discussions about "which car was faster" from that video is worthless as none of those cars was being driven even close to the limit.
Old 11-18-2005, 09:40 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Crisisman
Rules of the course. That is one of the designated passing zones. When you let someone pass you are supposed to back off the throttle. The Ferrari and Porsche backing off let the Supra slide in behind the GTR and sneak in his own pass.
Yea, but did you notice the Porsche passed him in the turn? I wondered why he went so wide in the turn; next thing you see the Porsche coming out on the inside. Normally track day passing is only on the straights.
Old 11-18-2005, 10:02 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by sardog46
Shooting flames is no big deal Ask mark about following me home from the last car show i was at or was that steave, oh yhea thats right mark got a good shot of my undercarage in his rearveiw

Cool vid, that porsche seemed to handle real well.
Ah yes, one of my fonder car show memories.....your car ROCKS dog!!!
Old 11-18-2005, 10:13 AM
Teching In

I wonder where the camera was mounted? It was real steady and appeared to set quite low.

M
Old 11-18-2005, 11:27 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by MMC1
I wonder where the camera was mounted? It was real steady and appeared to set quite low.

M

Probably was a bullet cam mounted on the front bumper.
Old 11-18-2005, 11:28 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by JJKJ
Yea, but did you notice the Porsche passed him in the turn? I wondered why he went so wide in the turn; next thing you see the Porsche coming out on the inside. Normally track day passing is only on the straights.
You are right. It looks like he snuck an illegal pass in between turns 7-8 to get by the Supra, then passed the black Porshe and the Ferrari in the legal zone at the beginning of the main straight.

I know when I was there and someone started making their own passing zones it was all over the radio in no time and they black flagged the reckless driver(who was a punk in his gold turbo honda civic).
Old 11-18-2005, 11:53 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Crisisman
You are right. It looks like he snuck an illegal pass in between turns 7-8 to get by the Supra, then passed the black Porshe and the Ferrari in the legal zone at the beginning of the main straight.

I know when I was there and someone started making their own passing zones it was all over the radio in no time and they black flagged the reckless driver(who was a punk in his gold turbo honda civic).
Yep, most clubs are very strict about black flagging illegal passing. I even attended one Alfa Club day where they wouldn't allow passing between 4 and 5. The other thing that suprises me is the risk the Porsche driver took. I'm sure he's a licensed competitive driver, but my guess is that none of the other drivers were. As a licensed driver, I would never pass another unlicensed driver in a turn because you don't know what to expect. Some track day drivers never check their mirrors (I'm sure you've been behind the guy who's oblivious and fails to give you the pass signal on the straight because he has no idea you've been on his tail the last 2 laps), and assuming the unlicensed driver will give you room during the pass is definitely not guaranteed. You wouldn't have any idea he even knows you're there.
Old 11-20-2005, 04:30 PM
TECH Regular

the white porsche was popping not back firing. back fire means it pops out the intake IE the CARBERATOR. but yea I agree it was ugly but fast. and far as the white porsche having a turbo am I the only one who saw the big TURBO badge on the blue porsche ?? but yea cool vid and I like the song too.
Old 11-21-2005, 12:01 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Jon A
I'm guessing that's the same Enzo I had the honor of passing many times before:

I mean, how many of them can there be?

Great camera work and editing. Very nice video. That said, I'm glad the Supra driver is proud of himself, but...all those cars were running in slow motion. I mean really slow--like 13 seconds or so per lap slower than I was doing last time there without even trying hard.

Not that I mean to drag them down or anything, just to point out that any discussions about "which car was faster" from that video is worthless as none of those cars was being driven even close to the limit.
Slow motion isnt even the word for it. Almost 2 minutelap times...... My volvo ould probably get away with that if I was pushing it. I think I was cranking out 1:45's w/ traffic last time I was out there.

Jon, what kind of times are you turning now days?
Old 11-21-2005, 01:55 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by ssdriver27
the white porsche was popping not back firing. back fire means it pops out the intake IE the CARBERATOR. but yea I agree it was ugly but fast. and far as the white porsche having a turbo am I the only one who saw the big TURBO badge on the blue porsche ?? but yea cool vid and I like the song too.

Yeah it's a good song... DJ Encore - I see right through to you was the theme song for the first season of big brother too.
Old 11-21-2005, 01:57 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by NataSS Inc
Slow motion isnt even the word for it. Almost 2 minutelap times...... My volvo ould probably get away with that if I was pushing it. I think I was cranking out 1:45's w/ traffic last time I was out there.

This post is useless without video!!!! lol and when you get your car running and go down for a lap day let me know ahead of time and I'll come down with the camera and get some shots of ya.
Old 11-22-2005, 01:38 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Totally awesome to see the Enzo getting used ...

Seen many pictures / videos of him out at the track including the Forza day.
Old 11-22-2005, 03:58 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by NataSS Inc
My last day there, back in '04 (due to my "taking a season off") I was good for easy 1:39 flats on Nittos. I expect to take another 4-5 seconds off that pretty quick next year on V710's and with a bit more HP.
Old 11-22-2005, 05:06 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Do they actually keep track of your times, or are you timing yourself? When I took my Proformance class nobody said anything about times.

Quick Reply: Supra chasing Enzo at PR