Northwest Members WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, SD, ND

So much for my camaro

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2006, 05:35 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i wasnt trying to start an argument.im from california too, except the bay area...but im not sure how that works. its probably still covered some how, i have no idea hwo that works
Old 01-07-2006, 05:42 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by sidewayz28
i wasnt trying to start an argument.im from california too, except the bay area...but im not sure how that works. its probably still covered some how, i have no idea hwo that works
You either have insurance, or you don't........if you are not making payments or haven't paid the premium in full, it ain't covered.

Maybe there are policies that cover the value of the car so long as you don't drive it....I don't know, have never needed anything so odd before.
Old 01-07-2006, 08:42 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My '71 has the insurance suspended when I'm not driving it. It's much, MUCH cheaper this way. One phone call and it's fully insured in a heartbeat because I didn't cancel the insurance, but rather just placed it in suspension. When it's at home it's in the garage, thus covered by my homeowners insurance. No sense in paying insurance twice right ?

Perhaps this is how his insurance is set up ?
Old 01-07-2006, 09:37 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Racehead
My '71 has the insurance suspended when I'm not driving it. It's much, MUCH cheaper this way. One phone call and it's fully insured in a heartbeat because I didn't cancel the insurance, but rather just placed it in suspension. When it's at home it's in the garage, thus covered by my homeowners insurance. No sense in paying insurance twice right ?

Perhaps this is how his insurance is set up ?
That's cool, I wasn't aware that could be done as I thought/had been told (perhaps wrongly) that cars had to have car insurance and houses had to have....well, you get the picture. I never knew and was apparently mislead that if there was no auto insurance and the car was stolen, it coulda been sitting in your living room and that was tough I like how yours is done and if I ever get to where I have "extra" cars, I will have to look into that.

Quick Reply: So much for my camaro