Northwest Members WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, SD, ND

It just keeps getting better

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2006, 10:54 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default It just keeps getting better

NOT!

sorry I havent been around for a couple of weeks. On the 20th I had to go in for emergency surgery to have my appendix taken out. On the 21st we were supposed to fly to idaho for the holidays but the surgeon just laughed when I asked what my chances were on making an 8am flight the next day. So we ended up flying out on the the 25th. NOT fun flying on an airplane a couple days after surgery when its a bumpy flight. But I did get the wheel chair treatment which was nice. Not only that but I couldnt lift anything at, see: no housework for Boyce .

Now that I am back it looks like I have pnumonia so every everytime I cough not only do my lungs feel like they are on fire, my guts feels like they are going to fall out. The surgeons office called while we were out of town with my lab results and wants me to come in as soon as possible. So god only knows whats wrong now.

Anyways, the holidays were just peachy for me, not.
Old 01-02-2006, 10:59 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hope you get to feeling better
Old 01-02-2006, 11:17 AM
TECH Apprentice

Sounds like you didn't do enough deep breathing (no,not what most of you guys are thinking about). Did you take your incentive spirometer with you and use it? I bet not. Hope the lab results are nothing to worry about. No Housework doesn't mean no walking. Hard to do when you are in pain, but it is the best thing you can do for your lungs, gut, and to keep from getting clots. Hope you are better soon.
Old 01-02-2006, 12:02 PM
10 Second Club

When you kick the bucket can I have your.....oh, I mean um, gee I hope everything is OK & you get to feeling better soon! Happy New Year Boyce!!!
Old 01-02-2006, 01:07 PM
TECH Junkie

Damn Boyce sorry to hear that, rest up and get better, just think 2006 can only get better, you had your health issues up front!
Old 01-02-2006, 01:34 PM
TECH Veteran

Sorry to hear about everything dude. Take care of yourself, listen to your Dr's and most importantly, think positively. I will keep a good thought for ya in the mean time.
Old 01-02-2006, 08:01 PM
10 Second Club

So when does that new part get here? I was going to ask you at the hospital but thought better of it.
Old 01-03-2006, 02:00 AM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by WAHUSKER
So when does that new part get here? I was going to ask you at the hospital but thought better of it.
Geeze Mark! Didn't you learn anything when your wife was in for surgery? That is the *best* time to ask

Boyce - just get a big pillow, hold on for life and try to keep coughing. It sucks major but only way to keep from getting thrown back in for IV antibiotics.
Surgery is never timed right and **** happens when you act like nuthin happened - hell, family could have waited until you were better. So take the doc up on his offer and lay low for awhile and hope by weeks end you feel 100% better
Old 01-03-2006, 11:40 AM
TECH Addict

No worries right now, Boyce. Get better first. I know everything will get handled.
Old 01-05-2006, 12:09 PM
TECH Senior Member

Thanks for the support guys (and gals). Looks like I am over the hump on this stuff and the shingles are going away (I completely forgot to mention those in my first post). I was able to come into the office today and finally get back to work. I never thought I would hear myself say "I cant wait to get back to the office", but it was said more than once.

Linda was right about the breathing excercises. My little machine wasnt taken to idaho with us. Since I wasnt able to help pack for the trip it was forgotten. The doctor said that was part of why I probably came down with the crap to begin with but he also said I tried to do to much to soon with a really weak immune system. And then being on a plane with recirculated air and pretty much anytime I got around anyone that had a sniffle I was at a high risk of picking it up.

Big fun!
Old 01-05-2006, 01:11 PM
"The Drag Racing Director"

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Get well soon Brother.

Coach
Old 01-05-2006, 09:08 PM
TECH Senior Member

Get well soon Boyce! Hope the rest of your year turns out well though
Old 01-06-2006, 11:38 AM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

DAMN!!! I had shingles when I was 16 very freaking painfull!! Put that together with all the other stuff and JFC!! Aint no way for a person to be treated. Very best of luck to you and your health.
Old 01-06-2006, 11:43 AM
10 Second Club

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Hey Boyce when your Wife finaly knocks you off can we all come over and rape your house for the good stuff?

Glad you are getting Better man!
Old 01-07-2006, 12:25 PM
TECH Veteran

Isn't shingles what you get when you have been exposed to Chicken Pox after already having had it in the past? Cuz when I got CP at age 26, the Dr first thought I had shingles (phone diagnosis) since he assumed no 26 yr old would have NOT had CP already.......
Old 01-07-2006, 02:24 PM
TECH Apprentice

As I understand it, shingles is thought to be caused by the same virus as chicken pox. When you get chicken pox some of the virus may move into your nervous system and just stay dormant till.............BOOM ........it travels down along a nerve and causes the pain and rash. It can happen at anytime I believe, but one would be more susceptible to it when the immune system has already taken a hit.
Old 01-07-2006, 02:36 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by VIKING
As I understand it, shingles is thought to be caused by the same virus as chicken pox. When you get chicken pox some of the virus may move into your nervous system and just stay dormant till.............BOOM ........it travels down along a nerve and causes the pain and rash. It can happen at anytime I believe, but one would be more susceptible to it when the immune system has already taken a hit.
I believe thats a fairly accurate assesment. They really arent sure what triggers it, its usually seen in older people. When I had them at 16 my doctor was shocked, he had never seen it in anyone that young before but knew what they were right away. He told me stress is what brings it out. It was a tough time in my life so I dont know. Freaking hurt though, they gave me vicodan right away and sent me home with a bottle of them, which at that time was pretty heavy prescription for a 16 yr old. They from what I've seen come in two places, abdomen where I had them or on your head where it seems old people get them. Urban legend says that if you have them on your head and they connect(go all the way around) it kills you. Mine went half way around my mid section, for a long time when people would ask about the scars I told them it was a shotgun blast... stupid kid stuff, but it was better than saying shingles.
Old 01-07-2006, 02:49 PM
TECH Veteran

Well Boyce, I was glad to see that even with your guts running out your butt you were still effective in Halo 2.
Old 01-07-2006, 04:08 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by Tranzor_Z28
Well Boyce, I was glad to see that even with your guts running out your butt you were still effective in Halo 2.
NOT a visual I needed.....

So who had the highest points?