Northwest Members WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, SD, ND

The surgery begins

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2006, 11:47 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by sardog46
my two best tools .
I'm sooooooooo sorry.....................................
Old 01-10-2006, 12:25 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by TwoFast4Lv
Better get that blower sent off!
Linda's still home from work??
Old 01-10-2006, 01:04 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Rokko
Linda's still home from work??
Ain't he lucky?
Old 01-10-2006, 01:09 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by VIKING
I'm sooooooooo sorry.....................................
Yeah, I'm about to get the "blower" sent off Ellis. Got a big box I can borrow?
Old 01-10-2006, 01:28 PM
10 Second Club

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Sure I even have foam to wrap it in

Heck I might even have enough to wrap your Ego after Rick is done with you
Old 01-10-2006, 10:23 PM

Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts

Looks like good progress Mark. Are those the air inlets for the intercooler just behind the spoiler? Does it matter if they get soaked? Looks like trouble in deep water.
Old 01-11-2006, 07:43 AM
10 Second Club

Deep water? John, this thing hardly sees rain any more, much less deep water. I got a 4x4 for that $hit. But to answer your question, the air inlet is behind & above the dr side intercooler. From there it goes straight into the s/c.

I am worried about clearance for the ducting tho. My car sits pretty low, so I have some adjusting to do.
Old 01-11-2006, 07:44 AM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by WAHUSKER
Deep water? John, this thing hardly sees rain any more, much less deep water. I got a 4x4 for that $hit. But to answer your question, the air inlet is behind & above the dr side intercooler. From there it goes straight into the s/c.

I am worried about clearance for the ducting tho. My car sits pretty low, so I have some adjusting to do.
Clearance hell. with as much hp you are going to make it should carry the front wheels down the track
Old 01-11-2006, 07:50 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by sardog46
Clearance hell. with as much hp you are going to make it should carry the front wheels down the track
I wish! I'm actually worried about getting in & out of my friggin drievway!

And where are those new numbers you promised Dog?
Old 01-12-2006, 08:28 AM
10 Second Club

I got to spend a little more time on the car last night, and there is good news, and bad news. Go figure....

The good news is when I installed the top radiator shroud ATI provides, it moved the radiator back far enough that the s/c air inlet horn no longer contacts the fan shroud. I now have ~ 1/2" of clearance, and should have more once the s/c bolts are tightened.

The bad news is because of the larger Be-Cool radiator, the shorud (and the "air box" that sits on it) sit up an inch higher than the stock parts & the hood doesn't close anymore? Is that a problem?

I'm thinking a little time bending & tweaking will solve it....I HOPE anyway! Definitely going to need access to a sheet metal brake. I took a few pics but didn't get around to loading them. I'll do that tonight.
Old 01-12-2006, 11:26 AM
TECH Veteran

Hey, I thought a supercharger was bolt-on and go, with little to no modification/fabrication necessary? I love it when the companies advertise stuff like this that way...
Old 01-12-2006, 02:06 PM
TECH Veteran

Nothing is add & go when it comes to mods it seems........despite what we are told in the ads.
Old 01-12-2006, 03:14 PM
10 Second Club

I wish! I'm actually worried about getting in & out of my friggin drievway!

And where are those new numbers you promised Dog?

Ok you wan't numbers, YOU WANT NUMBERS, YOU CAN"T HANDLE THE NUMBERS....j/k

Take marks stroker numbers and times them by 4
Well not quite 4X more like 3.5
Remember these are crank numbers.

Seems the iron motor will handle alot more spray can't give away to many details but I am happy and juinor is really impressed, and that doesn't happen to him much anymore.

Now if i could just win the lottery i could have the money to finish the car. looks like the jericco is a no go untill i find someone who makes a sfi belhousing for the ls1, but i did find a used dte glide to go in for the time being, and with all the light weight stuff that is waiting to go on the car in norfolk i should be able to shed another 200-300 lbs and put this thing in the 9's as is, and then next winter have enough saved up to finsish the tranny, cage, rearend, electronics, etc, etc, etc. the list is huge. but enough of my rambeling.

Just hurry up and get that **** bolted up and call it a day. DAMN you old people are slow
Old 01-12-2006, 03:20 PM
Tech Addict

1300 hp eh dog?? not too shabby. hell, chris is making 1150 at the crank in a N/A 565ci. step it up will ya!
Old 01-12-2006, 08:21 PM
10 Second Club

Is that ALL you got dog? Bring it bitch.....NOT! My car would make a sweet tow vehicle for yours, but that's about it.

As for my latest snag, I'm sitting here looking at it right now. There are a couple ways to make it fit, but neither looks 100%. Might be time for a trip over to Don & Ellis's to get some second opinions.
Old 01-13-2006, 11:20 AM
10 Second Club

Is that ALL you got dog? Bring it bitch.....NOT! My car would make a sweet tow vehicle for yours, but that's about it.

As for my latest snag, I'm sitting here looking at it right now. There are a couple ways to make it fit, but neither looks 100%. Might be time for a trip over to Don & Ellis's to get some second opinions.
Just make shure you come up with a plan before you start hitting the mikes

They are some nice numbers, just have to build the rest of the car around it, and thats the expensive part
Old 01-13-2006, 11:45 PM
TECH Senior Member

Looking good Mark. How much longer before your finished, you think?
Robert
Old 01-14-2006, 12:40 PM
10 Second Club

To put it simply Robert, I don't know. Trust me, I want it done now! Below are a couple pics showing the latest fit issue. This comes from having to pull the radiator back at the top to make it clear the blower.

The 1st pic shows how that raised the airbox assembly. The 2nd pic shows how that made the hood not close. The 3rd pic shows what might need to be cut on the airbox mount to fix it. The section with diagonal lines would be cut out, and the section with "Leave" on it would be bent down.

After a couple of Mikes Don & Ellis think the best solution would be to cut the lower radiator brace & weld in a new piece that would lower where the radiator sits. The issue now is I don't have the cash to take the car to a shop to get this done, and Don is very busy right now. And he is about the only person I know that has the welding skills to do this that I'd let hack my car up like that! So when is up in the air....
Attached Thumbnails The surgery begins-airbox-issue.jpg   The surgery begins-airbox-issue-1.jpg   The surgery begins-airbox-issue-2.jpg  
Old 01-14-2006, 01:49 PM
10 Second Club

To put it simply Robert, I don't know. Trust me, I want it done now! Below are a couple pics showing the latest fit issue. This comes from having to pull the radiator back at the top to make it clear the blower.

The 1st pic shows how that raised the airbox assembly. The 2nd pic shows how that made the hood not close. The 3rd pic shows what might need to be cut on the airbox mount to fix it. The section with diagonal lines would be cut out, and the section with "Leave" on it would be bent down.

After a couple of Mikes Don & Ellis think the best solution would be to cut the lower radiator brace & weld in a new piece that would lower where the radiator sits. The issue now is I don't have the cash to take the car to a shop to get this done, and Don is very busy right now. And he is about the only person I know that has the welding skills to do this that I'd let hack my car up like that! So when is up in the air....
I know what its like wanting your car to be drivable yet wanting it done right! I was without my car for 5 months. And I missed most of the race season. FWIW, I think you should just wait and when you have the money get the fabrication done that Don and Ellis suggested. Race season is a ways off anyway!
Old 01-14-2006, 08:55 PM
10 Second Club

True, but the Seattle Roadster Show is March 3-5. And I wanted to go.....

Don's suggestion is probably a better way, but cutting the air box mount should make it fit. And doing it Don's way could always lead to other problems (like with any mod). Anyway, I'm still trying to decide. There is still plenty to keep me busy on this.....