Northwest Members WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, SD, ND

The surgery begins

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2006, 01:33 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You could always take some time away from the problem. Sometimes that helps, you know, go back to it later fresh. In the mean time there is a honey do list a mile long that will take your mind off of that car!
Old 01-16-2006, 02:41 AM
10 Second Club

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by VIKING
You could always take some time away from the problem. Sometimes that helps, you know, go back to it later fresh. In the mean time there is a honey do list a mile long that will take your mind off of that car!
ROTFLOMFAO!!!!
Old 01-16-2006, 07:56 AM
10 Second Club

Yeah, aint she funny tho! The best part is Linda was upstairs typing that while I was in the kitchen trying to install a light in the pantry for her. That didn't work either! But like the car I have a plan.

I pulled the radiator out & I think I can just move it forward into the bracket for the AC condenser that went missing. With any luck that will give me enough room. I'll get the holes drilled tonight & check it out.

Where is a good place to get ducting to relocate the air fliter like we talked about Ellis?
Old 01-17-2006, 07:58 AM
10 Second Club

Moving the radiator forward on the bottom seems to be the ticket. I need to bend the air box mount now & see if that all fits on top.
Old 01-18-2006, 07:45 AM
10 Second Club

Default Woo-hoo

I re-formed the airbox base last night & everything seems to fit perfectly. No cutting was required, I have another 2" in front of the blower, & I can even close the hood now! So it's on to the other tasks (creating heat exhaust ports for the innercoolers, reworking the ducting, moving the coil packs, etc). I might even have it on & running by Sunday.
Old 01-18-2006, 08:18 AM
12 Second Club

Keep the progress reports comming.
Old 01-18-2006, 08:49 AM
11 Second Club

Sounds like your making good progress Mark. Maybe if you get yours done you can help me intall my gauges and gaugepod???
Old 01-18-2006, 09:41 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by 99LSS1
Sounds like your making good progress Mark. Maybe if you get yours done you can help me intall my gauges and gaugepod???
Depends on how much beer you are willing to buy. I have all the tools and most of the wiring & crimps.
Old 01-18-2006, 09:47 AM
11 Second Club

I suppose I could pick you up some beer. I'll call you tomorrow and we can figure something out.
Old 01-18-2006, 12:43 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by WAHUSKER
So it's on to the other tasks (creating heat exhaust ports for the innercoolers, reworking the ducting, moving the coil packs, etc).
............making the lights in the pantry work.................................
Old 01-18-2006, 02:18 PM
10 Second Club

I re-formed the airbox base last night & everything seems to fit perfectly. No cutting was required, I have another 2" in front of the blower, & I can even close the hood now! So it's on to the other tasks (creating heat exhaust ports for the innercoolers, reworking the ducting, moving the coil packs, etc). I might even have it on & running by Sunday.
Great to hear..........I'm getting excited for you! That thing is gonna be one hell of a ride when you get it done! Keep us posted.
Old 01-18-2006, 03:14 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by VIKING
............making the lights in the pantry work.................................

DAMN!! do you EVER let that boy rest
Old 01-19-2006, 07:50 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by TwoFast4Lv
DAMN!! do you EVER let that boy rest
Wait til you hear what she made me do LAST night!

Actually I got the radiator in, some clamps replaced, and the 8 rib pulley installed on the blower. If I 'only' work 11 hrs again today, I hope to get the blower installed tonight with all the ducting. (tho some will need to be re-done later)

Ellis - will the stock pump be enough to just tune idle & cruise? (I can't order the Racetronix until next week)
Old 01-19-2006, 10:42 AM
10 Second Club

I would at least put the other pump inline if you are going to play
Old 01-19-2006, 02:49 PM
10 Second Club

I'm going to order the Racetronix, all I want to do is tune idle & such until it gets here.
Old 01-19-2006, 02:52 PM

Just idle....you must have some killer self controle.
Old 01-19-2006, 05:05 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by aja342
Just idle....you must have some killer self controle.
NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-19-2006, 10:47 PM
10 Second Club

Of course I have self control. I let the PCM do the shifting.....

Well tonight I ran into the last problem I figured I'd have. The 8 rib belt ATI sent me with my new pullies is too short! It's 40" & I need at LEAST a 41" belt.

So I amused myself & installed the ducts from the inner coolers to the air box. The pass side went right on. After fighting the dr side for 45 minutes I got out the instructions. Oh, it goes UNDER the fuse box. Of course the fuse box no longer fits right. (damn radiator wins another round) I had to take the resistor block (?) loose.....now, what to do with that?

Don't get me wrong, I'm having fun. But it would be nice if mod X would EVER fit with mod Y. And mod Z is REALLY starting to **** me off!!!
Old 01-19-2006, 11:45 PM
10 Second Club

Of course I have self control. I let the PCM do the shifting.....

Well tonight I ran into the last problem I figured I'd have. The 8 rib belt ATI sent me with my new pullies is too short! It's 40" & I need at LEAST a 41" belt.

So I amused myself & installed the ducts from the inner coolers to the air box. The pass side went right on. After fighting the dr side for 45 minutes I got out the instructions. Oh, it goes UNDER the fuse box. Of course the fuse box no longer fits right. (damn radiator wins another round) I had to take the resistor block (?) loose.....now, what to do with that?

Don't get me wrong, I'm having fun. But it would be nice if mod X would EVER fit with mod Y. And mod Z is REALLY starting to **** me off!!!
Glad to hear your enjoying the install. That is the only thing that truly matters. If were not enjoying this, we shouldn't be doing it!

Now I need to find another project to do.............
Old 01-20-2006, 08:09 AM
10 Second Club

Actually I think breaking the tires loose from a 60mph roll like Ellis did, or blowing the doors off of a Viper like Ryan did is what REALLY matters! But you are right Jon, if we don't enjoy stuff like this, we should take up another hobby. Modding a car always has it's challenges. While it gets frustrating, it is also very rewarding.

And I try to write this stuff so you guys can get a flavor of what the project is like. Sorry if it comes out sounding negative. But when people see cars that have been modded this way (after they are finished) all they think is oooh-aaah, I gotta do that. When I look at Ryan's turbo setup I drool, but I KNOW he went thru hell getting it to fit. GM packs **** into every nook & cranny on these cars, and you have no room. The better the mod looks, the harder it was to do.....like Ellis's NO2 installs!