Northwest Members WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, SD, ND

Drunken street racing wreck last weekend.

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2006, 10:58 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

turbo50, Yeah I know Robbie. He and Charles took apart the Chevelle while I was sick. Charlie was Robbie's roommate. I didn't know the driver at all. It's a shame about Robbie, the boy had his **** in one bag for sure. I haven't seen Jasmine yet but will Friday. Yeah folks, I've noticed the increase in DD fatalities involving kids lately myself. What a waste. Charlie's doing better, got surgery again today but he is doing better. It took me failing to make a ditch jump at 140+ (hit 3 feet low on the other side, ugly) to learn not to DD. Some of us got hard heads.
Old 03-15-2006, 02:34 PM
10 Second Club

Dang EJ, a double hit on this board. Sorry dude!

It seems several of us on here have learned the hard way not to drive drunk, or limit our drag racing. I wasted a low mileage 61 bubble top Impala when a Mustang pulled out in front of me while I was not quite 1 car in front of a friend @ 125mph. Thankfully nobody got hurt!

Since then I still race on occasion, but I limit it to never go much past 100mph. And I have made a vow not to have more than 2 drinks while I'm driving the hot rod. Lately I question if I gone far enough....
Old 03-15-2006, 03:04 PM
TECH Regular

I hear that. The roads we use have no driveways or cross streets for about a half mile. I won't do light to light past 2nd gear, usually not at all. Husker was a rare exception when I had the Cobra.
Old 03-15-2006, 04:59 PM
Tech Addict

Holy smokes Charlie, when you said "your boy" I thought you meant one of your crew, friends etc... I didn't know you had a son. So sorry to hear about this and your son. I am one of those hard headed, learn lifes lessons the hard way people, can't seem to learn from friends mistakes. Gotta do it for myself, and in a big way. I am paying for it right now, that's for sure.

I hope your son is going to be alright in the long run. What's his long term prognosis?
Old 03-15-2006, 06:07 PM
TECH Regular

Long term is for a full recovery with the exception of the right calf. So far, they had to remove 1/3 to 1/2 of that calf muscle to prevent gangrene. Depending on what, if any muscle reassignment they do, he may or may not have to wear a brace on that lower leg. He should be able to walk after lengthy rehab. How well is anybody's guess. No more 360* dunks for him for a while.
Old 03-15-2006, 09:49 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by CharlieCobra03
turbo50, Yeah I know Robbie. He and Charles took apart the Chevelle while I was sick. Charlie was Robbie's roommate. I didn't know the driver at all. It's a shame about Robbie, the boy had his **** in one bag for sure. I haven't seen Jasmine yet but will Friday. Yeah folks, I've noticed the increase in DD fatalities involving kids lately myself. What a waste. Charlie's doing better, got surgery again today but he is doing better. It took me failing to make a ditch jump at 140+ (hit 3 feet low on the other side, ugly) to learn not to DD. Some of us got hard heads.
I cant say I knew Robbie super well. But I knew him well enough to feel really bad for his family and friends. He was a coworker of a really good friend of mine and so was the driver. I never met the driver, but Robbie was over at my buddies house pretty often. I helped make the intake on his little mazda and such. He seemed like a pretty good guy.

Im really glad to hear your son is doing better. I cant imagine what it would be like if something like that happening to my son.
Old 03-15-2006, 09:52 PM
TECH Regular

Charlie, btw, what color was your cobra and do you live near Mt Vernon?
Old 03-16-2006, 01:36 PM
TECH Regular

Yep, I'm in Big Lake and the Cobra was the DSG (Dark Shadow Gray) ya used to see at Shucks, the Albertson's lot, Quisnos and wherever else we could hang last Summer without the Polizie harrassing us. I had a great run with that car, had peeps from all over come to try their hand.
Old 03-16-2006, 09:15 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by CharlieCobra03
Yep, I'm in Big Lake and the Cobra was the DSG (Dark Shadow Gray) ya used to see at Shucks, the Albertson's lot, Quisnos and wherever else we could hang last Summer without the Polizie harrassing us. I had a great run with that car, had peeps from all over come to try their hand.
Right on, I know you then. You probably already figured out who I was.
Old 03-17-2006, 09:13 AM
TECH Regular

Uh huh, white one on slicks huh? Did ya ever get yer motor redone?
Old 03-17-2006, 09:11 PM
TECH Regular

You mean the 351? No I bagged it till next winter. I figured the car has gone almost 126, I might as well try to make the best of what its got and THEN give it more power. So I have been concentrating on traction. We shall see how it goes.
Old 03-18-2006, 01:15 AM
TECH Resident

Just a note... Robbie, it turns out, was a friend of my girlfriends and I had bowled with several times. Amy (my gf) is still kinda in shock to find out it was him, she knows his girlfriend pretty well.
Old 03-20-2006, 09:18 AM
TECH Regular

Yeah, lotsa peeps knew Robbie. I went to the service and the wake. A couple of folks including one of the fathers power braked and lit 'em up a bit when coming in the church lot, kinda celebrating the boys. After it was done, I power braked the Hemi for the first time in tribute myself for the first time. I was surprised that it spun through 1st, 2nd and well into 3rd for about 150+ feet. Anyway, Charlie is awake and lucid, b!tchin' about being tired of hurting. Can't say I blame him.

Quick Reply: Drunken street racing wreck last weekend.