Northwest Members WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, SD, ND

CCC Opener May 6th

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2006, 10:01 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was at Bremerton a couple weeks ago and 10 cars broke during the course of the day.

I understood that the studs had to protrude to a spot very close to the end of the lug or beyond. I've never read or heard anything about replacing stock studs with aftermarket studs... And they've gone over my car pretty carefully.

They've checked my loop a few times too. I guess they've been watching "Pinks".
Old 05-02-2006, 12:12 AM
10 Second Club

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

EJ the rules reads simular to this...The Stud must screw into the HEX portion of the bolt at least the thickness of the studd.

BTW this makes almost ALL 4th gens illegal as the HEX portion is hollow
Old 05-02-2006, 12:28 AM
TECH Apprentice

Talking

Originally Posted by TwoFast4Lv
EJ the rules reads simular to this...The Stud must screw into the HEX portion of the bolt at least the thickness of the studd.

Yes. That is consistent with my understanding. It's a shame all you guys are illegal. There's still test and tune, or bracket racing.

Last edited by esoteric; 05-02-2006 at 12:58 PM.
Old 05-02-2006, 01:04 AM
10 Second Club

I've got a couple questions for you Mark.

Can I jump in the middle of the CCC when I get home from this deployment?

And since I'm running in the 11's now, do I need a fire Jacket?

Lastly, (this is a stupid question) my Vette has a enclosed driveshaft, so I won't have any DSL issues correct?

I want to race legally and just figured I'd cover my basis. I plan on getting a 5 point roll bar, but that will take a while to get and install and I want to race as soon as I get home........LEGALLY!!

Sorry for the stupid questions.
Old 05-02-2006, 01:20 AM
10 Second Club

yes you need a Jacket to run 11s and no C5s have a natural DS
Old 05-02-2006, 06:15 AM
10 Second Club

yes you need a Jacket to run 11s and no C5s have a natural DS
Thanks Ellis. But what about being able to jump in to some CCC races when I get home?
Old 05-02-2006, 08:27 AM
On The Tree

See my post. Mopar drags are on Saturday. Are we sure this is going on this weekend for the CCC?
Old 05-02-2006, 08:43 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by 00Vette
Thanks Ellis. But what about being able to jump in to some CCC races when I get home?
Yes, you can make any or all of the races Jon.
Originally Posted by dafriezez28
See my post. Mopar drags are on Saturday. Are we sure this is going on this weekend for the CCC?
As we said in that post, yes we are racing (if it doesn't rain). They usually run multiple events at both tracks.
Old 05-02-2006, 02:20 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i had two questions. one: ellis, would you be able to do a pcm tune for me at the track. two: which park and ride on 405 you guys gonna meet at.
Old 05-02-2006, 08:39 PM
TECH Regular

Ellis, what you tryin to say? All us mustang guys look the same?

But actually you answered a question I didnt ask. I was going to get new rear lugnuts because the old rule read that you had to have a certain amount of stud coming through the nut. The ones I have now are a really long hex section, which you would think would be better anyway. Seems now Im golden.
Old 05-02-2006, 08:53 PM
10 Second Club

The "other problem" with all these rule discussions is the track has the right to go beyond the NHRA rule book. Russell & I had the lug nut talk, and I pulled out my copy of the rule book. At which time he said "that is the minimum we must enforce...." and told me this was the last time I could run them. So I bought longer studs.
Old 05-02-2006, 10:10 PM
TECH Enthusiast

hell i am coming too
Old 05-02-2006, 10:23 PM
teh PuRpL3z

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Hopefully my DSL will arrive here by Friday, since I wanna run stickies this time.

I'm covered on the lugnuts, I had long wheel studs installed on my car when I upgraded the diff.

Last edited by DrEvyl; 05-02-2006 at 10:29 PM.
Old 05-03-2006, 12:25 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by WAHUSKER
The "other problem" with all these rule discussions is the track has the right to go beyond the NHRA rule book. Russell & I had the lug nut talk, and I pulled out my copy of the rule book. At which time he said "that is the minimum we must enforce...." and told me this was the last time I could run them. So I bought longer studs.
Does anyone know if the lugs on my Vette will be an issue?

I don't really understand this lug rule and I'm not near my car to check them for compliance!

Is it hard to put longer bolt studs on the car? ****, maybe I'll just get into street racing.
Old 05-03-2006, 01:46 AM
12 Second Club

If anything I'll be there to take pictures
Old 05-03-2006, 01:48 AM
12 Second Club

Out of racing 2 complete seasons and not missing a single race I have never been checked for a DS Loop. One time I was asked if I have one, I do, but never once did anyone look under the car. The main things they look at on stock cars or ones with little mods are just a helmet, battery hold down and to make sure the studs are all there. Also, make sure you take any loose items out of the back of the car, I have seen them send people off the track for having things in the back.
Old 05-03-2006, 03:42 AM
teh PuRpL3z

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by rotwiler
Out of racing 2 complete seasons and not missing a single race I have never been checked for a DS Loop. One time I was asked if I have one, I do, but never once did anyone look under the car. The main things they look at on stock cars or ones with little mods are just a helmet, battery hold down and to make sure the studs are all there. Also, make sure you take any loose items out of the back of the car, I have seen them send people off the track for having things in the back.
They've never checked me either, but I'd rather be legal. I know there are various members of the teams here, and I don't want to get DQ'ed out of the braket because my car isn't within the CCC rules.
Old 05-03-2006, 08:13 AM
10 Second Club

If you run factory wheels, you are supposed to be OK Jon. But Like I said, they warned me when I started running low 12s with stickies. Now that you are in the 11s, I would think they'll want you to have longer studs. As you should for your own safety! Ellis has the proper tool for replacing them. On 4th Gen f-bodies with 4 ch ABS you need to take the axles out & go to a shop to have the reluctor rings pressed off. But we did Ellis's car in his garage. Not sure about Vettes.
Old 05-03-2006, 09:18 AM
10 Second Club

BTW I took Ol' Blu' for a spin Last Night
Old 05-03-2006, 09:19 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by WAHUSKER
If you run factory wheels, you are supposed to be OK Jon. But Like I said, they warned me when I started running low 12s with stickies. Now that you are in the 11s, I would think they'll want you to have longer studs. As you should for your own safety! Ellis has the proper tool for replacing them. On 4th Gen f-bodies with 4 ch ABS you need to take the axles out & go to a shop to have the reluctor rings pressed off. But we did Ellis's car in his garage. Not sure about Vettes.
Thank you for the info. Mark! I want to be safe and legal. I'll get with Ellis when I get home and find out if he can do it or what I need to do to get this taken care of. I also need to find out about changing my fuel pump too.

The last time I was out at the track I had a scary issue with my rear lugs. I ran all day and when I was heading home, I kinda got into it as I entered the freeway. As I hit about 90mph......I noticed my rear end wabling. I imediately pulled over and to my scary *** surprise discovered that several of my lugs were loose. Loose enough to unscrew by hand!! Not one or two, but several!

Now I don't know if my dumb *** didn't tighten them like I should have after swapping out my street tires for my race tires or if it has something to do with this topic, but either way more thread will definately not hurt. I'm going to purchase a tourque wrench too.

The scary part is thinking that I was trapping 119mph all day long and we all know we don't let off as soon as we pass the traps, so we hit higher mph than our timeslips show. Factoring those speeds combined with loose lugs equals god looking out for me that day.

Quick Reply: CCC Opener May 6th