Northwest Members WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, SD, ND

Reminder: Burgermaster @ 7:30

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2006, 11:36 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 1BAD95Z
I hate seeing cars like that that are all filthy...it's sad..These cars deserve more respect than that...

How hard is it to go to Chevron and drive through the darn car wash? Or to even go to the self service car washes they have all over the place? It takes 10 minutes max and only a couple bucks out of your pocket. And it keeps the car looking nice, the way it should be...

I know it's none of my business because it isn't my car, but it just disgusts me...
I reckon you shouldn't look at mine then, cuz it will "disgust" you.

As for the cars deserving respect?????? It's a CAR!!!! And as filthy as mine is, those self service places don't even begin to ge the top layer of crap off it, so why bother.
Old 05-15-2006, 11:36 AM
Tech Addict

I hate seeing cars like that that are all filthy...it's sad..These cars deserve more respect than that...

How hard is it to go to Chevron and drive through the darn car wash? Or to even go to the self service car washes they have all over the place? It takes 10 minutes max and only a couple bucks out of your pocket. And it keeps the car looking nice, the way it should be...

I know it's none of my business because it isn't my car, but it just disgusts me...
Atta girl! We'll brow beat him into cleaning that thing one way or another!
Old 05-15-2006, 11:37 AM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by Rokko
What's the point of having a nice car then?
Cuz to me it is just a car........a "nice" car is something that costs a whole lot more then mine IMHO. And the "point" is to drive something I enjoy, clean or dirty it is still fun to drive.
Old 05-15-2006, 11:39 AM
TECH Veteran

Atta girl! We'll brow beat him into cleaning that thing one way or another!

Yeah, been here a year next week or so and I JUST went and bought a hose.....shouldn't be but another 2-3 years before I actually use it.
Old 05-15-2006, 11:48 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Rottluver

Yeah, been here a year next week or so and I JUST went and bought a hose.....shouldn't be but another 2-3 years before I actually use it.
PigPen is what you shall be called from here on out until that "un-nice" car of yours gets a thorough cleaning.
Old 05-15-2006, 11:53 AM
TECH Resident

PigPen is what you shall be called from here on out until that "un-nice" car of yours gets a thorough cleaning.
Yep, I agree... I think both Darren and Rookie both need a Lesson in Carwash 101...
Old 05-15-2006, 11:55 AM
TECH Fanatic

it makes me happy everytime my car is clean. i have a good feeling inside when i'm done
Old 05-15-2006, 11:59 AM
TECH Veteran

Ok.

On a side note, I did install some chrome nuts/screws/whatevers (the 3 that hold my TB in) that a friend gave me. Makes the polished TB look much nicer.
Yep, I agree... I think both Darren and Rookie both need a Lesson in Carwash 101...
I know how, just don't choose to....maybe once the weather stays nice for more then 5 minutes?
Originally Posted by B-RAD2
it makes me happy everytime my car is clean. i have a good feeling inside when i'm done
I used to....now all I get is 2-3 days laid up and taking pain pills like crazy from the hurting it puts on me.
Old 05-15-2006, 12:00 PM
TECH Addict

I think Darrin is trying to take the title away from Zeke for the dirtiest car imaginable that still moves. The funny thing is that we have people on this board that won't let the tiniest speck of dust settle on their car and we have people that take pride in not wanting their car to ever see soap or water.
Old 05-15-2006, 12:02 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by howierd42
I think Darrin is trying to take the title away from Zeke for the dirtiest car imaginable that still moves. The funny thing is that we have people on this board that won't let the tiniest speck of dust settle on their car and we have people that take pride in not wanting their car to ever see soap or water.
It isn't so much that I take any pride in having it be filthy, honestly I prefer it clean, but since it won't clean itself, and I suffer physically when I wash/Zaino it........guess which one wins?

And given Zeke's "driveway" I dunno if I could ever compete with that.
Old 05-15-2006, 01:06 PM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hell, I wash my car at least 4-5 times a month depending on weather. Now, the inside of the car you will never find a hint of dust or anything. I keep the inside imaculate. But hey........that's just the way I am.
Old 05-15-2006, 01:29 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by SRT03
Hell, I wash my car at least 4-5 times a month depending on weather. Now, the inside of the car you will never find a hint of dust or anything. I keep the inside imaculate. But hey........that's just the way I am.
See the inside is even worse........I have 2 dogs that I am constantly cruising around with in my car, so dog hair is standard on my interior.
Old 05-15-2006, 04:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Rottluver
See the inside is even worse........I have 2 dogs that I am constantly cruising around with in my car, so dog hair is standard on my interior.
see that makes me want to cry
Old 05-15-2006, 04:23 PM
Tech Addict

PigPens car gets no love from whatsoever from it's owner. Maybe if it was a dog he'd show it some love.
Old 05-15-2006, 04:25 PM
TECH Resident

Me too...I have 2 dogs also, but they don't shed, and the hair that they do lose in the car I vacuum out.. My car gets dirty on the floors sometimes because where I park is all dirt/dust, but I always vacuum it out on the weekends or sooner if I get a chance.

I just don't understand some people's way of thinking sometimes...
Old 05-15-2006, 05:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

Me too...I have 2 dogs also, but they don't shed, and the hair that they do lose in the car I vacuum out.. My car gets dirty on the floors sometimes because where I park is all dirt/dust, but I always vacuum it out on the weekends or sooner if I get a chance.

I just don't understand some people's way of thinking sometimes...
so no dogs in the car.... i just can't do it. thats what a truck is for
Old 05-15-2006, 05:15 PM
teh PuRpL3z

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by howierd42
Hey now.

My cars are as clean as I can keep them.... Ask anyone around here that remembers my Trans Am how clean I kept it... it was VERY rare that it wasn't absolutely spotless. I would do the same with my current cars if I could... but I can't. I wash my car, and it's dirty before it reaches the end of the driveway. My GTO sits outside, so unless it's been dry and clear for 5-6 days straight, it's always gonna be dirty. I can't do anything about it right now, but I certainly don't take pride in my cars being dirty... I ******* hate it to be perfectly honest.

I don't live in the city, I live in the middle of a forest. I don't have a paved driveway, and it's about 1/4 mile long. I drive my GTO 80 miles a day. I'd love to see you keep a car clean under those circumstances. And no, moving isn't an option right now, but I will be moving to a place with a paved driveway and no ****** pine trees in about a year. Until then I'm stuck with it.

I do what I can to keep them clean, but there are only so many hours in the day, so many days that are not rainy, and I can't really see the point in washing a car only to have it be filthy 24 hours later. My cars are NOT the dirtiest ones here.

So don't give me no ****** **** about my cars being dirty and act like I take pride in it. It ****** pisses me off, to be perfectly honest.
Old 05-15-2006, 05:24 PM
TECH Addict

I see a fight brewing!!
Old 05-15-2006, 05:26 PM
TECH Addict

And BTW, I thought you're car looked great Zeke! Hell, Zeke was ashamed of his tires so he whipped out the tire shine and cleaned them right up!
Old 05-15-2006, 05:27 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I've always thought Zeke has always hand one of the cleanest cars out at the track.

Seen 'ya out there with the detail spray and wiping the car down every chance you get. Good man.

And about the dogs ... Interesting stand to be proud of, but whatever floats your boat! I understand the whole it's just a car statement, but you can only go so far before it becomes some white trash domestic.

Quick Reply: Reminder: Burgermaster @ 7:30