Northwest Members WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, SD, ND

Yet another car crash/accident

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2006, 08:45 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Yet another car crash/accident

So I have a "friend" over for the afternoon today..........and my doorbell rings (cant exactly go answer it).........but I see my neighbors from across the street walking away and looking at the rear of my "friend's" car......I get dressed and go outside and there is fairly decent damage to the rear of her car..........turns out the neighbors kids were playing in their van and it "slipped out of park" while in their driveway and rolled backwards into her car...........and of course, the van is uninsured.......their other car is insured, just not the van. Good thing a kid (20's) down the street saw the whole thing and dislikes my neighbors so there is no problem getting her car fixed........just sucks. Ruined what was a perfectly great afternoon till then.
Old 05-20-2006, 10:00 PM
TECH Veteran

Okie dokie. IF the T/A needed some work it would be best to park it at your place *and* let you drive it?

You are giving the saying "an accident waiting to happen" a whole new meaning...
Old 05-21-2006, 01:53 AM
TECH Addict

Hey guys Rott has a new girlfriend!
Old 05-21-2006, 03:10 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Poik
Hey guys Rott has a new girlfriend!
Naw, I think it's just 'friends' with benefits or F*ck-buddies as some people call it

Good to know that you have good neighbors...in some aspects...
Old 05-21-2006, 12:49 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by 1BAD95Z
Naw, I think it's just 'friends' with benefits or F*ck-buddies as some people call it

Good to know that you have good neighbors...in some aspects...

And yeah, they were good enough to own up to it and offer to fix it without any "pressure"

I gotta turn down the power on my magnet.
Old 05-21-2006, 02:18 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Speaking of accidents, my Cobra was run into last night at Burgermaster ... so I'm looking for a good shop to paint a bumper.

PPG paint required.
Old 05-21-2006, 02:19 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Tylerb59
Speaking of accidents, my Cobra was run into last night at Burgermaster ... so I'm looking for a good shop to paint a bumper.

PPG paint required.
Oh no! That's a bummer...Hope they were insured!
Old 05-21-2006, 07:53 PM
TECH Veteran

Oh no! That's a bummer...Hope they were insured!
Don't hold your breath.......neighbors across the street from me weren't, the idiot who rear-ended my Mom last week wasn't.........tis the season.

Why the hell aren't the cops out writing no insurance tickets dangit?
Old 05-21-2006, 08:01 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Rottluver
Don't hold your breath.......neighbors across the street from me weren't, the idiot who rear-ended my Mom last week wasn't.........tis the season.

I hope they were getting tickets after hitting you guys...that's crazy... Hope your mom is ok...
Old 05-21-2006, 08:56 PM
TECH Veteran

TylerB, that sucks! I hope you can get it fixed soon because it hurts to look at damage of any kind

Rott, they will tell you they are "too busy" just about every single time if there isn't a call for ambulance. Too busy writing tickets for no seat belts and stupid crap like that. The one thing our state has screwed up on: not enough rigs on the road to handle the freeways *and* neighbourhoods.
Just look at our senator. Does she look like someone who would consider more units on shift would help?

(the answer is NO just in case you are thinking that over)
Old 05-21-2006, 09:15 PM
TECH Veteran

HEY! BLONDIE!
When you have a spare moment between nutjobs - check your freakin PM's and voice mail!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sheesh! Put down the blue pills and just click on the "Private Messages" part in the upper right hand corner of this board
Old 05-22-2006, 09:50 AM
TECH Veteran

I hope they were getting tickets after hitting you guys...that's crazy... Hope your mom is ok...
Well the one at my house occurred on private property, in my driveway, (which means no injury, no cops) and my Mom was so shook up she took the guys info and left for work.......he convinced her (she is rather naive) that once you drive away from the initial accident site (they pulled off into a parking lot) that you can't call the cops..........now you think the Mom of a cop and the wife of a 40+ yr cop would know better, but she keeps her head in the sand about it so he got over on her.....BUT he is making good on fixing her car so I can't bitch too much...........and the one at my house, well, I DO know where they live. And they know what I did for a living and the actual registered owner of the car (her ex) is a Seattle PD officer so they are doubly fucked if they try to welch out of paying. Was a good size crunch.........besides, with a 6 yr old behind the wheel, who was gonna get the no insurance ticket? I can see it now.......

Officer: Young man, can I see your license?
6 yr old: <hands him a slobbery crayon>
Officer: NO your license to drive a car!!!!
kid: hands over 3 day old booger collecting dust in his pocket
Old 05-22-2006, 09:54 AM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by GEARHED
HEY! BLONDIE!
When you have a spare moment between nutjobs - check your freakin PM's and voice mail!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sheesh! Put down the blue pills and just click on the "Private Messages" part in the upper right hand corner of this board
Oh wow, you did leave me some PMs. Stupid board does a lovely job of notification.

As for VM, ever since the "Crazy" Amy incident, I have been avoiding my phone like the plague......you would be amazed at how many different ways she has tried to sneak past the caller id. So finally I just said F**k it & stopped looking/answering.

I will check today after the chiro.....
Old 05-22-2006, 08:29 PM
TECH Veteran

Oh wow, you did leave me some PMs. Stupid board does a lovely job of notification.

As for VM, ever since the "Crazy" Amy incident, I have been avoiding my phone like the plague......you would be amazed at how many different ways she has tried to sneak past the caller id. So finally I just said F**k it & stopped looking/answering.

I will check today after the chiro.....
I thought you changed the incoming name for me...or put me as "Crazy Amy #2"
Far as I know the outgoing number isn't blocked - check next time it rings.
You can change the settings here to let you know you have a pm waiting and open it in a new window. Its far better than the "I have messages? Since when? Aarrrrrgg! those are 3 months old!"
Old 05-22-2006, 09:05 PM
TECH Veteran

I thought you changed the incoming name for me...or put me as "Crazy Amy #2"
Far as I know the outgoing number isn't blocked - check next time it rings.
You can change the settings here to let you know you have a pm waiting and open it in a new window. Its far better than the "I have messages? Since when? Aarrrrrgg! those are 3 months old!"
The sad part is, i DO have it set up for the pop up window for PM notifications.

Lemme check, I think I did change her's to Crazy Amy or CU Next Tuesday Amy........I just think that if I see the name Amy on my phone (or anywhere) I just freak and have the overwhelming desire to throw it in the trash.
Old 05-22-2006, 10:03 PM
TECH Apprentice

Look man, you proububly dont need any advice but,.....................that IS ABSOLUTLY covered in their HOMEOWNERS POLICY!!!!!!! It wont cost you ANYTHING to find out from a lawyer! and they will fix everything!
Old 05-23-2006, 01:56 AM
TECH Veteran

The sad part is, i DO have it set up for the pop up window for PM notifications.
Yeah well, clicking to close those pop up boxes sorta defeats that purpose.
don't make me draw you a picture, crayons are messy
Lemme check, I think I did change her's to Crazy Amy or CU Next Tuesday Amy........I just think that if I see the name Amy on my phone (or anywhere) I just freak and have the overwhelming desire to throw it in the trash.
I told ja to put it under "G". I might be crazy but not fit the bumpersticker "My ex-girlfriend is a speed bump" catagory.
Old 05-23-2006, 10:01 AM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by vetred
Look man, you proububly dont need any advice but,.....................that IS ABSOLUTLY covered in their HOMEOWNERS POLICY!!!!!!! It wont cost you ANYTHING to find out from a lawyer! and they will fix everything!
Yeah, I kinda figured that was the case since it happened (well, started anyway) in their driveway (unfortunately I think they are renters...have to ask about renter's ins. if things go to hell)..........no worries, so far so good on them working it out with the owner of the car. I appreciate the advice though.
Yeah well, clicking to close those pop up boxes sorta defeats that purpose.
don't make me draw you a picture, crayons are messy

I told ja to put it under "G". I might be crazy but not fit the bumpersticker "My ex-girlfriend is a speed bump" catagory.
Bite me I am not THAT blonde......most of the time.

Oh yeah, 1) Yes you are crazy (as am I) and 2) I like that bumpersticker.
Old 05-23-2006, 01:06 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by vetred
i don't know if things are different in washington from california. i know in california a home owners or a renters policy will not cover any liability resulting from an auto accident. it is funny how many people have said "i hope they had insurance" most people think of insurance as a nacessary evil so you don't get a ticket until something hapens and then the insurance company is a savior of sorts.
Old 05-23-2006, 06:04 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by rocketrider93
i don't know if things are different in washington from california. i know in california a home owners or a renters policy will not cover any liability resulting from an auto accident. it is funny how many people have said "i hope they had insurance" most people think of insurance as a nacessary evil so you don't get a ticket until something hapens and then the insurance company is a savior of sorts.
Well I am fairly sure that car insurance will NOT cover a 6 yr old behind the wheel.........pretty sure that is written into most policies.

Quick Reply: Yet another car crash/accident