Northwest Members WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, SD, ND

Roll bars and safety.

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2006, 12:21 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Roll bars and safety.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthrea...70#post4996370

What do you guys think? I'm kind of torn the vert is torn apart in the garage right now with mods going in but I'm thinking of buying a certain Dart sleeved 387 SS hardtop for fun and give the wife back the vert. I just don't know that the roll bar is safe in DD, if it could sit back further maybe...

I just don't know if its worth doing any more modding then simple bolt ons in the vert if I'm not going to do the roll bar. I could finish the 6spd conversion, put in some 4:10 and the Edelbrock headers, LS6 intake and call it good...

the SS would just be a toy for racing and personal cruising I don't see my wife driving it....

Bobby
Old 06-13-2006, 12:05 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

NHRA rules require padding where a helmet might contact the bar. You could do the passenger side as well.
Old 06-13-2006, 01:33 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah but thats the worry, is there a place the head could come in contact with the bar. Without a helmet, even with padding I don't think it would be a good scenerio.

Are you the one that does custom cages? Would it be possible to do a legal cage with the top bar more over the back seat and not right behind the top of the seats like the Wolfe bars do?? It just seems like if you were rear ended your head would go forward then when it snaps back you could hit that top bar........??

Thanks for any input!!

Bobby
Old 06-13-2006, 02:10 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think the top hoop is too high to hit your head on in a rear-ender. Not too sure though...