OTHER
20.00%
Voters: 5. You may not vote on this poll

Which Exhaust Shop for True Duals

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2006 | 10:13 AM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by Fulton 1
Ground clearance isn't great, but its actually as good or better than the catted Y-pipe setup I had originally. Lowest point is still right at the header collectors. I used a Dr Gas frame clearance pipe (ovalized 3" tubing) under the driver's side crossmember for some additional clearance and that worked great. My car is lowered about 1.75" on the coilovers and I get at least 3.5-4.0" clearance at any point along the exhaust run.

I imagine that if over the axle is do-able then he could do it. Randy has done a couple of systems for me and has always been more than willing to work with me on stuff.

I can't remember off hand how much he charged me to do the work (its been a while), but I do remember that I was surprised at how low it was. I supplied all the parts minus the mandrel bends so I think it was only around $100-150 for the bends and labor. I'll try and dig up a receipt tonight and confirm.
Wow, that sounds waaaaaay better then the crap/clearance I have now. And I am only lowered about an inch. I am going to make my way up to see him either later today or early next week to see what he says..........thanks again for the info.

And I know over the axle is do-able since my car has it....... Just a matter of picking it up prior to the axle so I stop collecting tin cans under my car as I drive it.

Quick Reply: Which Exhaust Shop for True Duals