Northwest Members WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, SD, ND

Need some help with a couple things..

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2006 | 07:39 PM
teh PuRpL3z

Default Need some help with a couple things..

Well, it looks like my schedule is gonna change again, and now I'm gonna have weekends off, so I want to actually get my cars out to some shows this year...

I think what I wanna do is take all three of my cars to the All-Pontiac show in Everett on July 30th.

So, first things first... I need to get the WS6 to presentable condition for a show... which means I need to do some buffing to get the paint looking a little better. I've never used a buffer, so I was hoping I could get some help from someone who has done this stuff regularly, so I can make the car look nice without trashing the paint. I think if I tried it myself I would end up screwing it up, and I really don't wanna do that with the WS6.

Can anyone help me out there?

Second... I'm gonna need a couple drivers who would be into going to the All-Pontiac show for the day. Now granted, just because you volunteer doesn't mean I'm gonna let you drive my cars... I'd like to get some people I trust behind the wheel of my cars to handle that.

Anyone up for that one?
Old 07-03-2006 | 09:24 PM
TECH Veteran

I know Steve's like the wizard with the Porter Cable... I'd be willing to help out as well just to help detail and such (no experience with a buffer, so I won't volunteer that). I have used a claybar before, and those things work wonders...

I'd also be willing to help you drive your cars up there... don't have to worry about me, I won't abuse any of them. Besides, I think I'm qualified to drive one of the M6's. Let me know if you want some help, I think I'm pretty much open that whole weekend.
Old 07-03-2006 | 09:35 PM
TECH Addict

I'd be up to drive but I have 2 different bachelor parties in Vegas that weekend...
Old 07-03-2006 | 09:37 PM
10 Second Club

I might be able to help Zeke. But between work ramping up and my latest discovery, I can't promise you just yet.
Old 07-03-2006 | 10:32 PM
teh PuRpL3z

Originally Posted by Tranzor_Z28
I know Steve's like the wizard with the Porter Cable... I'd be willing to help out as well just to help detail and such (no experience with a buffer, so I won't volunteer that). I have used a claybar before, and those things work wonders...

I'd also be willing to help you drive your cars up there... don't have to worry about me, I won't abuse any of them. Besides, I think I'm qualified to drive one of the M6's. Let me know if you want some help, I think I'm pretty much open that whole weekend.
I think the GTO and Formula are the ones that are gonna need to be driven... I figured I'd drive the WS6 because the clutch it kinda flaky on it and it's the rarest of them. I wouldn't have any problem with you driving either of them, I'd trust you behind the wheel.
Old 07-04-2006 | 02:03 AM
TECH Regular

I'm not entering this year but was thinking about helping out... I'm good for a driver up there. If you have some time over next couple of weekends I could stop by with buffer and supplies of various sorts.

You have my number still?
Old 07-04-2006 | 08:38 AM
12 Second Club

I can try to help you out we can compare schedules Wednesday.
Old 07-04-2006 | 11:09 AM
TECH Resident

Ellis and I will be out of town that weekend for a friends wedding or I would help you out...It should be fun having all 3 there at the same time!
Old 07-04-2006 | 07:23 PM
teh PuRpL3z

My schedule is basically going back to a standard 8-hour day shift, Mon-Fri.

Depending on how this goes, I may try to do it again for BOP... so who knows, I might need drivers in September, too.

Last edited by DrEvyl; 07-04-2006 at 07:29 PM.
Old 07-05-2006 | 12:01 AM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by DrEvyl
I think the GTO and Formula are the ones that are gonna need to be driven... I figured I'd drive the WS6 because the clutch it kinda flaky on it and it's the rarest of them. I wouldn't have any problem with you driving either of them, I'd trust you behind the wheel.
I wouldn't mind either one... it'd be nice to see how a GTO drives, but I'd also like to drive an A4 F-body with a stall, since I'm thinking about either putting an auto in my Camaro, or trading my Camaro for an A4 F-body.
Old 07-05-2006 | 12:49 AM
teh PuRpL3z

Maybe you can switch off and drive one up and the other back.. LOL!

I'm just afraid if I let you guys drive the GTO you're gonna wanna go buy one.