Northwest Members WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, SD, ND

Wa state driver's beware...

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2006, 04:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 61 Likes on 42 Posts

Default Wa state driver's beware...

In addition to the wsp's undercover Impala's, and volvo's add the dodge charger.
Saw a dark blue one today pulling over a car on I-5 south, Thurston county.
Dark blue, strobe light's in the grill. Didn't even pay any attention to it untill he turned on his light's and pulled the car next to me over.
Sneaky.
Old 08-15-2006, 04:45 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

They be gettin' sneaky... time to add more power and license plates that flip around. Then just nail throttle and be gone!!
Old 08-15-2006, 04:52 PM
12 Second Club

Transporter style hehe
Old 08-15-2006, 04:55 PM
TECH Veteran

Saw a NBM Tahoe a few weeks back, totally unmarked/no way to tell (tinted windows, no markings, etc) and then last week I saw a damn Chevy Astro (style) van that was also totally unmarked..........they pretty much seem to have whatever they want/any kind of car that is out there.
Old 08-15-2006, 04:57 PM
TECH Addict

thing you know they will diving 'The Beast!'...well maybe not even with their blazing 18 sec times...
Old 08-15-2006, 05:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

there is also a reddish viper that does race patrol in the streets of lacey
Old 08-15-2006, 08:09 PM
TECH Regular

There is a silver Charger that patrols the Marysville area now and that Marauder has resurfaced. Ive seen it a couple of times now near Arlington.
Old 08-16-2006, 05:26 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 61 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by krazzycowgirl
there is also a reddish viper that does race patrol in the streets of lacey
Are you serious?
Must have been confiscated during a drug raid or something.
Old 08-16-2006, 08:55 AM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by dannyz
Are you serious?
I can pretty much guarantee you that any car they are using that is over $40k (give or take a few bucks) is confiscated in one way or another.....either drug raid, street racing, whatever.....the rest (Marauders, Crown Vics, etc) are (generally) just bought normally......there was some poster up on the wall when I took the test for my WA DL last year and it showed an H1, a Viper and some other car all decked out in WSP stuff and it was saying that their aggressive driving apprehension team seized them and was using them for patrol now...........Cali did the same thing, or so I hear.
Old 08-16-2006, 09:27 AM
Tech Addict

I've seen a silver charger patrolling hwy 18 by SIR. Just about made a mistake with that one. Good thing I saw the cage between the drivers area and the back seat area.
Old 08-16-2006, 10:05 AM
TECH Regular

Seized them? I'm assuming this is criminal forfeiture (in personam). How aggressive was their driving to have this happen?

I know the federal government has this power (4th amendment) but several fed statutes and then the 14th amendment were passed to limit this power to the states. Imma gonna getta mah gun...
Old 08-16-2006, 10:13 AM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by SeaHawk
Seized them? I'm assuming this is criminal forfeiture (in personam). How aggressive was their driving to have this happen?
Dunno, was just reading a poster in the DL office........you would have to look into the laws here in this State to find the answer to your question.......sorry, I didn't work here so I can't be of much help for this one.
Old 08-16-2006, 10:28 AM
TECH Resident

Thanks for the heads up, I go down to Olympia about every month to visit family...although I always try to drive pretty safe and stay away from all the other meatheads...

It's always nice to know what we are paying for these days.. Like the new Magnum in Monroe...
Old 08-16-2006, 10:42 AM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by 1BAD95Z
Thanks for the heads up, I go down to Olympia about every month to visit family...although I always try to drive pretty safe and stay away from all the other meatheads...

It's always nice to know what we are paying for these days.. Like the new Magnum in Monroe...
Doubt a Magnum (thru Govt discounts) cost anymore then a fully decked out Crown Vic.....back in 95 when we made a huge purchase of cars the total for EACH one was a lil under $30k.......and that was 11 years ago and they were just "normal" Crown Vics and Caprices.......Fleet discounts for Law Enforcement will get them that Magnum around 5-10k cheaper (minimum) then invoice for the same car if you or I were buying it.

And you don't have to buy a "fleet" to get Fleet pricing......you just tag along on the sale to several other larger agencies, kinda like a group purchase for cop cars.
Old 08-16-2006, 11:01 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

We are behind the times over in Spokane!

Just recently I have seen Impala's (in the last two years or so). Have seen maybe one SUV and a few Astro Vans and one or two 00+ Mustang GT. No charger sightings yet, though I have seen a odd one... Ford Windstar, lights and all! At first glance I thought it was a joke, maybe a friend messing with a friend, as I got closer, saw all the gadgets in the van and a uniformed officer step out.

As for taking the vehicles, I remember watching a Cops episode that they raided a dealers house and he had a mid 70's Vette, clean as clean can get! They left him a message that they took the car and his drugs and they will be back for him!
Old 08-16-2006, 12:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by dannyz
Are you serious?
Yeppers I have seen it & also have had a couple friends that have been "cought" by it
Old 08-19-2006, 12:47 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Rawr256
We are behind the times over in Spokane!

Just recently I have seen Impala's (in the last two years or so). Have seen maybe one SUV and a few Astro Vans and one or two 00+ Mustang GT. No charger sightings yet, though I have seen a odd one... Ford Windstar, lights and all! At first glance I thought it was a joke, maybe a friend messing with a friend, as I got closer, saw all the gadgets in the van and a uniformed officer step out.

As for taking the vehicles, I remember watching a Cops episode that they raided a dealers house and he had a mid 70's Vette, clean as clean can get! They left him a message that they took the car and his drugs and they will be back for him!
There is a charger in the Colfax area. The poster that was talked about above was made up. It had an H2 Hummer and an NSX. They are not really patorl vehicles. They just want you to think they are out there. The only unmarked vehicle the State Patrol has are Impala's, Chargers, Tahoe's, and Expadition's. The Volvo and Camaro are long gone.
Old 08-19-2006, 02:12 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by silver2000WS6
There is a charger in the Colfax area. The poster that was talked about above was made up. It had an H2 Hummer and an NSX. They are not really patorl vehicles. They just want you to think they are out there. The only unmarked vehicle the State Patrol has are Impala's, Chargers, Tahoe's, and Expadition's. The Volvo and Camaro are long gone.
So why did I see a WSP officer pulling someone over in an unmarked Chevy Astro (type) van the other day? Just curious where your info is from? I am sure the poster was just for effect but they can/do seize vehicles and re-use them for unmarked patrol, DARE (if WSP does DARE) and other law enforcement uses.

As for the Camaro being long gone.......I have seen a white one (marked'ish) as recently as a few months ago as have others on the board in the Lynnwood/Everett stretch of I-5. Not trying to be confrontational, just trying to clear the air & find out where your info is from.
Old 08-19-2006, 03:03 PM
TECH Addict

I just saw a white Wrangler trooper in Everett pulling someone over on tues. Seems like anyting and everything. Maybe we'll see some unmarked Ferrari pulling people over soon...
Old 08-19-2006, 03:07 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by LSxChevelle
Maybe we'll see some unmarked Ferrari pulling people over soon...
If we do, I will then commit my 1st felony and swipe it.

Quick Reply: Wa state driver's beware...