Northwest Members WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, SD, ND

10k for a 98 Vert with 71k on it?

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2006, 07:42 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default 10k for a 98 Vert with 71k on it?

Hmm thinking of selling the vert and trying to get an idea of pricing here in the NW.

If I could get 10k I'd sell it as is for the most part. Or I could start parting it out and sell it almost stock.

Modded it would be the signature minus supercharger and headers and y-pipe although the exaust could be work out. It would also have grey ZR1's instead of the new TTIi's.

If I really parted the bitch out, would 8500 to 9k be unheard of??

Newer top and carpet from an 02 with 6k miles on it, new bilsteins in front used in back with BMR springs. T56 conversion is complete only way a person would know is the hole in the floorboard is not perfect. Everything works has a new wiring harness.

What do you guys think? I'm thinking I don't have time for this **** anymore and am looking to pick up a more finished car a certain 387 SS...

Also Supercharger setup will be up for sale for a very reasonable price soon!
Old 08-20-2006, 07:49 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Why you getting rid of the Z? You didn't really want to get rid of the Vette, now you getting rid of the Camaro too?
Old 08-20-2006, 08:17 PM
TECH Junkie

I'd be selling it to buy another Camaro. A 99 SS with 20k miles on it with a crap load of mods. Basically a done car. I'm looking at installing the SC finishing the interior, a nine inch rear end, a new shortblock when the motor blows etc etc etc and the SS maybe a better route to go at this time in my life with the new kid.

This way I can spend my weekends waxing and driving the car instead of wrenching on it all the time.

Still need to run it buy the wife, we bought the vert for her so she still has some say so in it.
Old 08-20-2006, 10:54 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by 93TAWicked1
I'd be selling it to buy another Camaro. A 99 SS with 20k miles on it with a crap load of mods. Basically a done car. I'm looking at installing the SC finishing the interior, a nine inch rear end, a new shortblock when the motor blows etc etc etc and the SS maybe a better route to go at this time in my life with the new kid.

This way I can spend my weekends waxing and driving the car instead of wrenching on it all the time.

Still need to run it buy the wife, we bought the vert for her so she still has some say so in it.
Ahhhhhhhh, I see! Cool.

I thought it was odd when I first put 2 and 2 together. Well let us know how things go and I'll direct anyone that is in the market your way.
Old 08-20-2006, 10:57 PM
TECH Junkie

Well the wife was a little upset with me getting rid of the vert but she doesn't really drive it anymore. She did say it was a little stupid to get another camaro instead of an SUV or something, but I asked her if she wanted me happy or miserable The least I would settle for is an M3 or a STI but I'd still want to mod it.
Old 08-20-2006, 11:05 PM
10 Second Club

Well the wife was a little upset with me getting rid of the vert but she doesn't really drive it anymore. She did say it was a little stupid to get another camaro instead of an SUV or something, but I asked her if she wanted me happy or miserable The least I would settle for is an M3 or a STI but I'd still want to mod it.
My wife loves the M3's and do I, but I'm thinking it would be nice to have an STI or an EVO as a daily driver. You could take it to the mountains, through the snow and off road. You can take your friends out comfortably.........

Then my wife said..........."if we get anything that can be modded, you'll mod it" so she suggested an older S10. Then I said how about a Typhoon. I'm just not in the market for anything over 3-4G's.

I really want a used little beater truck to put around in. They have this auction here in Tacoma I have been meaning to check out.
Old 08-20-2006, 11:07 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by 00Vette
My wife loves the M3's and do I, but I'm thinking it would be nice to have an STI or an EVO as a daily driver. You could take it to the mountains, through the snow and off road. You can take your friends out comfortably.........

Then my wife said..........."if we get anything that can be modded, you'll mod it" so she suggested an older S10. Then I said how about a Typhoon. I'm just not in the market for anything over 3-4G's.

I really want a used little beater truck to put around in. They have this auction here in Tacoma I have been meaning to check out.
Hah I bought royal blue S10 4dr blazer Just so I wouldn't mod it! I was looking for a suburau station wagon. the bang for buck of the SS I'm looking at cannot be beat. Typhoon, don't get me started I'd go bankrupt modding it and trying to keep it running
Old 08-20-2006, 11:19 PM
10 Second Club

Hah I bought royal blue S10 4dr blazer Just so I wouldn't mod it! I was looking for a suburau station wagon. the bang for buck of the SS I'm looking at cannot be beat. Typhoon, don't get me started I'd go bankrupt modding it and trying to keep it running
That's what I've heard! That they are a bitch to maintain, unreliable, and very tempermental. Nice vehicles none the less!
Old 08-21-2006, 11:25 AM
TECH Addict

I'd be all over your vert if I had the extra $$ right now...
Old 08-21-2006, 03:24 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by LSxChevelle
I'd be all over your vert if I had the extra $$ right now...
Thanks!!! It really is a sharp car, I've just seen some nice rides go for incredibly low. BTW if someone local was interested in it from the board I'd be flexible on the price! I think if I do put it up for sale I'll ask 9750 or someting in Autotrader and the Oregonian...

Bobby
Old 08-21-2006, 03:27 PM
TECH Addict

Please send me some pics to jason_m_plourd@keybank.com I have a friend interested! He sold his black 99 SS recently w/ TTII's on it... Misses it and wants another f-bod...
Old 08-21-2006, 03:28 PM
TECH Junkie

Well I'll have to get some good ones all I have is it sitting in the garage

Quick Reply: 10k for a 98 Vert with 71k on it?