Northwest Members WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, SD, ND

Cage update!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2006, 02:39 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Cage update!!!

Well I talked with wolfe and they have the materials to build my cage.........FINALLY!

So they said they should be able to get it into powder coat by the middle of next week, which means IF they get things done on time I should have a cage on my door step early september.

And if all works accordingly, I may be able to get the cage in before the next CCC race.

I may just be able to get a LEGAL 10 second time slip this year.
Old 08-24-2006, 02:57 PM
TECH Addict

Why not just do the Art Morrison route? Cheaper and you can pick it up in Tacoma.
Old 08-24-2006, 03:01 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by LSxChevelle
Why not just do the Art Morrison route? Cheaper and you can pick it up in Tacoma.
How much are they? Not many people make C5 cages. And this cage is only $500 and some change!

I should also be able to install it in a weekend!
Old 08-24-2006, 03:52 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by 00Vette
Well I talked with wolfe and they have the materials to build my cage.........FINALLY!

So they said they should be able to get it into powder coat by the middle of next week, which means IF they get things done on time I should have a cage on my door step early september.

And if all works accordingly, I may be able to get the cage in before the next CCC race.

I may just be able to get a LEGAL 10 second time slip this year.
How are we going to weld it if it's power coated. See if they will send it raw and we can paint it.
Old 08-24-2006, 04:15 PM
TECH Addict

Nevermind about Art Morrison as they don't make a C5 cage. And as Don said, have it just paint it. You'll save $, it'll still look great and you need to to weld it!
Old 08-24-2006, 04:31 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by NWDragRacer
How are we going to weld it if it's power coated. See if they will send it raw and we can paint it.
That cage is bolt in! There only needs to be two welds to make it NHRA legal. Check out the instructions in the link I provided.

http://www.wolferacecraft.com/instruc/c5/c5boltrb.aspx

We may be able to find a better way to do it though. They will still charge me the whole price if I tell them not to powder coat it.
Old 08-24-2006, 04:32 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by LSxChevelle
Nevermind about Art Morrison as they don't make a C5 cage. And as Don said, have it just paint it. You'll save $, it'll still look great and you need to to weld it!
No, it only needs welded in two points at the rear where the rear two bars meet the center bar. That's it...........well according to Wolfe anyway.
Old 08-24-2006, 07:31 PM
TECH Veteran

You may want to check this post just in case and be clear with them on your order:

https://ls1tech.com/forums/ls1tech-sponsor-feedback/564477-not-very-happy-wolfe.html
Old 08-24-2006, 10:17 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am happy with my Wolf bar, and it can be done in a day, if your willing to bust your butt and stick with it. You can weld the two spots anytime while in car with minumal affect on the nice powder coating.
Robert
Old 08-24-2006, 10:40 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by GEARHED
You may want to check this post just in case and be clear with them on your order:

https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=564477
Thank you dearly!! I too have not been very happy with there service.

I will call in the morning and confirm the order is correct. I will explain what I read and what I expect!

Thank you very much.
Old 08-24-2006, 10:42 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Robert56
I am happy with my Wolf bar, and it can be done in a day, if your willing to bust your butt and stick with it. You can weld the two spots anytime while in car with minumal affect on the nice powder coating.
Robert
That's what I was thinking. And to be honest.........between you and I, I seriously doubt they are going to look at those specific little two spots and search for those welds. The bolts work and I will get it welded, but just wanted to point out that they will look at the cage, harness and say your good to go. Hell, in the past 3 track visits they haven't even looked at my nitrous setup AT ALL!!! I mean I got 2 illegal passes and was getting rooted on!
Old 08-25-2006, 12:05 AM
Teching In

It is always frustrating waiting for that crucial piece of equipment. As far as the roll cage goes, my opinion is that if you purchase a bolt-in cage and want to weld the floor mount locations later on, you can. You simply weld around the plate that houses the bolts. I have been following this thread, as I have been planning to purchase a Wolfe cage for my mustang. If they don't finish strong with your order, I may look elsewhere!
Old 08-25-2006, 01:41 AM
TECH Addict

So how much does a 10 pt Art Morrison cage usually run?
Old 08-25-2006, 08:32 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Poik
So how much does a 10 pt Art Morrison cage usually run?
10 pt?! Damn Eric.....& Don installed a Morrison 6pt weld in for about what the Wolfe bolted in version would have cost me to buy. (~$700) A 10/12 pt will be more because it's more tubing & you have to make holes in / remove the dash board.
Old 08-25-2006, 10:38 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by bartman22
It is always frustrating waiting for that crucial piece of equipment. As far as the roll cage goes, my opinion is that if you purchase a bolt-in cage and want to weld the floor mount locations later on, you can. You simply weld around the plate that houses the bolts. I have been following this thread, as I have been planning to purchase a Wolfe cage for my mustang. If they don't finish strong with your order, I may look elsewhere!
I'm going to call them today and talk to them about my order. I'll post up what I hear, and I'll make sure to keep all of you posted to the very end.
Old 08-25-2006, 10:56 AM
TECH Addict

The set up from Art Morrison is the way to go for a f-body. Like Mark said you are looking at ~$700 installed for a better cage. Hopefully all goes well w/ your cage Jon!
Old 08-25-2006, 12:57 PM
10 Second Club

Okay, so here is the deal! I talked to Wolfe and told them that I heard/read on this site about some problems. The cage is being built as I type this and when I asked them to confirm the order...........it was dead on! Even the change in the order was correct!

So in my personal opinion, I think they are doing the best they can! I think they should have called there customers and told them about the lack of materials, but hey.........we are all human! If I was them, I would have gone with another suplier for materials.

Anyway, I will post up about the entire experience from order to after the install to hopefully help others.
Old 08-25-2006, 08:51 PM
TECH Veteran

Jon, that would help other members a great deal, exactly as you just posted. They are busy and materials are iffy sometimes on deliveries for just about any manufacturer this year, letting customers know would be nice.

Did you get an anticipated delivery date? Hope it soon so you can run legal without getting the boot
Old 08-25-2006, 09:44 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by GEARHED
Jon, that would help other members a great deal, exactly as you just posted. They are busy and materials are iffy sometimes on deliveries for just about any manufacturer this year, letting customers know would be nice.

Did you get an anticipated delivery date? Hope it soon so you can run legal without getting the boot
Not a date. But he did confirm that the cage was almost finished. He said I can expect it around the first week of September. He also advised me to call back next Friday.
Old 08-25-2006, 11:24 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

sounds like fine customer service to me

Quick Reply: Cage update!!!