Northwest Members WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, SD, ND

storm

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2006, 12:26 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks Don! I really appreciated you coming over today!

Here is whats left of my mom's car and the tree that is on top of the shed has since flattened it...
Attached Thumbnails storm-momscar.jpg   storm-shed.jpg  
Old 12-21-2006, 09:30 AM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by 1BAD95Z
Thanks Don! I really appreciated you coming over today!

Here is whats left of my mom's car and the tree that is on top of the shed has since flattened it...
Better her car then her house......although it sux that the shed bit the dust too......still better then the casa though.
Old 12-21-2006, 12:33 PM
TECH Regular

...should have fallen on top of a (vacated) Jiffy Lube instead...
Old 12-22-2006, 03:42 AM
TECH Veteran

We finally got power back round 9ish tonight....laundry and catch up before the next storm hits

Howeird: yeah, he told me that yesterday. Don't ever count on him telling me you or anyone called for me, I'll get the message a week later if that

Steph & Ellis: if Trent isn't super busy (licensed and bonded) its pretty cheap to bring down a tree or even a dozen. Just depends if he needs the bucket and if you want it chipped or hauled off is where it gets expensive.
NW Arboriculture, Bothell (I can call ya with the number if you want).

Just glad to get the lights on and laundry done before Christmas!!!!!!!!
Old 12-22-2006, 10:13 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by GEARHED
We finally got power back round 9ish tonight....laundry and catch up before the next storm hits

Howeird: yeah, he told me that yesterday. Don't ever count on him telling me you or anyone called for me, I'll get the message a week later if that

Steph & Ellis: if Trent isn't super busy (licensed and bonded) its pretty cheap to bring down a tree or even a dozen. Just depends if he needs the bucket and if you want it chipped or hauled off is where it gets expensive.
NW Arboriculture, Bothell (I can call ya with the number if you want).

Just glad to get the lights on and laundry done before Christmas!!!!!!!!
I'm glad you guys finally got your power back! I've been watching that area on the news...Ellis and I tried to drive up there last weekend, but we couldn't get anywhere near your house..it looked like the whole forest fell down..which it basically did...

We do want to get a bunch of these trees out of here..We can cut them up and haul them off ourselves..I know lots of people that could use some good firewood. That part doesn't matter, it's just getting them out of the air without hitting something is the problem we have here.

We found out that our neighbor was just bieng paranoid. He just thought maybe one of our trees might have been leaning a little more than it used to..Well, we've looked all over and cannot find a problem as of now, thank goodness..but yeah, tree removal is definitely on our agenda this year.
Old 12-22-2006, 01:53 PM
TECH Veteran

That is what I like about NW Arboriculture, pretty much takes the approach of what you want to do with any limbs or trees once they are down.
425-806-6945
Trent Kreeck

He can blow a top and drop the rest for a set price or by the hour, whatever is cheaper for ya. Good crew, the work out here would have cost twice what we paid if we'd used someone else and Trent is a licensed Arborist, he can core a tree or check the roots (free evaluation) to see if it has to go.

This summer we did a pass through the lot, glad we did but I felt we were due this spring for a big storm. It really was concentrated around Cottage Lake but most of it is from Daniels Creek being 'cleaned up' couple of years ago with the new CAO's (dumb). Now the area is soggy and hasn't been limbed/cut for years...the last two years we'd be driving the area and I'd point to trees and say "that one is going to come down in a storm" and sure enough, they did. It really does look like bombs were dropped all over the area.

As for trees, sometimes they lean. Nothing wrong with them unless the roots are bad which most aren't, they just look worse than they are.
Old 12-22-2006, 06:52 PM
teh PuRpL3z

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Our power went out Thursday night, just got it back on Tuesday. Still no access to the internet, Comcast is completely down in my area. They can't even give me a ETA as to when it will be back, I'm almost ready to get a dial up account to keep from having to drive into Issaquah just to use the computer at the library.

No damage at the house... just lots of tree branches down. The GTO came through unscathed.

To top things off, I got laid off from my job on Monday (see my other thread).

Man, this has been a real week from hell.

Quick Reply: storm