Northwest Members WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, SD, ND

Beware unmarked red Impala!

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2006, 12:45 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

As long as they're only making rice patties they can crush away!
Needs to be a grandfather clause in the law: If your over 40 in a Chevy,Ford or Mopar and were provoked by a ricer your car is immune from the crusher. \
We all know its those young punk bitches killing innocent people that brought the heat down. Crush rice ! it needs it anyway
Old 12-28-2006, 01:32 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Rawr256
Have heard of that. Knew they take the cars away but wasn't too sure on the whole crushing of the car. I imagine if a lawyer got ahold of it they would argue something like they were speeding other than street racing. Sometimes I wonder if some of these laws do more harm than good. In a way they take the majority off the streets, but then it makes a more hardcore group of them, if that makes sense, look and the Porbation of alchohol back in the 20's IIRC or maybe late teens. It was something organized crime thrived off of and made some good clink, they developed new ways to smuggle stuff around. Not saying that the street racing in Cali is to this level (at least I don't think) but there is kind of a connection if you know what I am talking about in my mixed up head!

My arguement for people doing the random races... if there were more tracks available and people had a chance to make runs like they want, it would go down quite a bit, I would prefer to race in a controlled enviroment where I and another are the only two that duke it out for the next 1/4 mile or so and don't have to worry about a car or animal coming out of no where. I have talked to a few people that have said that if the track her in Spokane were open to racing throughout the week they would take their need for speed there than on the street.

I guess it is a bigger problem at some other places around the country than here though. I have never went on a real timed day to SRP but on Friday night it seems I can make back to back runs, by the time I pull up to the lines and turn the car off within 5 min I am back on the track making a pass, only problem is they don't always run the times Friday.
The point they made when the law came into effect was that it kept someone else (like a friend or family member) from buying the car back so the person who was racing in the 1st place gets their car back.......and what i saw on the news when I was still living down there was they had the full-on 100+ person street races on video and there was NO dispute that the cars/people in question were racing.
Old 12-28-2006, 01:54 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Rottluver
The point they made when the law came into effect was that it kept someone else (like a friend or family member) from buying the car back so the person who was racing in the 1st place gets their car back.......and what i saw on the news when I was still living down there was they had the full-on 100+ person street races on video and there was NO dispute that the cars/people in question were racing.
I got ya now! Thought in some cases the cars were sold in police auctions or used as undercover cars sometimes?

Have heard they also can totally dismantle the cars in Cali looking for something and just give it back to you in pieces and tell you nothing was found. I heard second hand about a kid I went to school with that went to northern California for a trip with his brother, at some point they hit 100+ MPH and they were clocked by plane/time vs distance. Cop pulled him over and he said BS and he told the cop to quit being a jerk or something, cop had them step out of the car and literally tore the interior of the car out and threw it on the shoulder of the road, cop asked what he though of him now, kid responded with, "I think your a ******* *******!" I remember the kids car back in school and I remember he did go on the trip and when he came back he was on the bus and no one saw the car again. For all I know the kid could have just totalled the car though, he had his circle of friends that confirmed his story, even though they were 1000 miles away.
Old 12-28-2006, 10:19 PM
Banned

I got ya now! Thought in some cases the cars were sold in police auctions or used as undercover cars sometimes?

Have heard they also can totally dismantle the cars in Cali looking for something and just give it back to you in pieces and tell you nothing was found. I heard second hand about a kid I went to school with that went to northern California for a trip with his brother, at some point they hit 100+ MPH and they were clocked by plane/time vs distance. Cop pulled him over and he said BS and he told the cop to quit being a jerk or something, cop had them step out of the car and literally tore the interior of the car out and threw it on the shoulder of the road, cop asked what he though of him now, kid responded with, "I think your a ******* *******!" I remember the kids car back in school and I remember he did go on the trip and when he came back he was on the bus and no one saw the car again. For all I know the kid could have just totalled the car though, he had his circle of friends that confirmed his story, even though they were 1000 miles away.
This isn't **** Germany, that doesn't happen. Sounds like a big exaggeration to me.

That would be a total violation of that person's rights. The cop would need to have a warrant to search the vehicle, and someone calling him a name, especially a "jerk", isn't probable cause to do anything of that nature. A lawyer would have the state paying through the nose on that one, and the cop would probably lose his job or be placed on leave.
Old 12-29-2006, 11:29 AM
TECH Veteran

I can tell you that I never dismantled any cars nor did anything remotely close to it.........never heard of it either. On occasion, if there is PC or a warrant (usually for LARGE quantities of narcotics/trafficking) they will impound the car and tear it apart in a police garage or similar location, but not just randomly dismantle, pull the interior out, etc on the side of the road. I have seen guys cars get "tossed" (searched THOUROUGHLY) on traffic stops and generally cuz the guy was a scumbag with a huge 'tude, and it isn't like we put every thing back all neat and orderly if you are being a jerk, but 9 times out of 10, that guy is going to jail and the car is getting impounded anyway. And for the record, to the best of my knowledge (and there was NOT when I worked), there is no law, policy or anything else requiring the cops to put everything back nicely and neatly when they are done searching....not your car, your house, nothing......if you are a crook and have a big mouth, expect to have a mess to clean up. If you are in the wrong place in the wrong time, generally we try to put things back the way we found them........at least that is how it was when I was working..........

And yes, it sounds like the story teller exaggerated or made up a LOT of that story......

Oh, and while there are cases (narcotic seziures, etc) that cars get sold at auction or used as UC cars, but in LA and certain other areas, the cars are impounded then destroyed instead of being resold......hence the whole...not letting the racer's family or friends buy it and sell it back to him or use it again for racing thing.......
Originally Posted by TransAminal
This isn't **** Germany, that doesn't happen. Sounds like a big exaggeration to me.

That would be a total violation of that person's rights. The cop would need to have a warrant to search the vehicle, and someone calling him a name, especially a "jerk", isn't probable cause to do anything of that nature. A lawyer would have the state paying through the nose on that one, and the cop would probably lose his job or be placed on leave.
Not always the case....cars fall under the clause of exigent <sp> circumstances because they are mobile and if they get driven away, whatever contraband is in there can and usually will be removed, destroyed, etc. If a cop has PC to search, no warrant is required. And it is frightening how stupid people are......lugging several kilos of coke and smoking grass while they drive, get pulled over and the cop smells marijuana or sees the joint, pipe, etc.....boom, PC for the entire car.

And if I read that correctly, the cop didn't get called a jerk till after he tore the car apart according the the friend of a friend of a friend. matter of fact, in the story, it was the cop who told the kid to stop being a jerk, the kid called the cop an f'ing ******* after the fact.

Last edited by Rottluver; 12-29-2006 at 11:35 AM.
Old 12-30-2006, 02:13 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by TransAminal

Not to start anything...BUT I personally have had my car dismantled to the extent of the trunk contents pulled out, rear seat taken out and laid on the sidewalk..glove compartment and center console emptied and hood up, air breather cover pulled off..
Two DETECTIVES in an unmarked car got annoyed that I passed them.. and I quote "Your pass was legal in the sense that you used directionals and stayed within the target (passing ) zone.. however you broke the posted limit by a substantial amount.." They couldn't ticket me as they had no radar I guess, gave me a ticket for Imprudent Speed...Then he noticed the sticker on my back window.. Protection System by Colt. and one that said Party Animal ( I was a teen at this time) and I quote "So as handguns have a required age of 21 and Party Animal means that you could have recreational drugs, this is probable cause to search your vehicle. Please step forward and put both hands on the trunk of " etc etc...
Still peeves me to this day..
Old 12-30-2006, 09:32 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by 01T-TopToy
Not to start anything...BUT I personally have had my car dismantled to the extent of the trunk contents pulled out, rear seat taken out and laid on the sidewalk..glove compartment and center console emptied and hood up, air breather cover pulled off..
Two DETECTIVES in an unmarked car got annoyed that I passed them.. and I quote "Your pass was legal in the sense that you used directionals and stayed within the target (passing ) zone.. however you broke the posted limit by a substantial amount.." They couldn't ticket me as they had no radar I guess, gave me a ticket for Imprudent Speed...Then he noticed the sticker on my back window.. Protection System by Colt. and one that said Party Animal ( I was a teen at this time) and I quote "So as handguns have a required age of 21 and Party Animal means that you could have recreational drugs, this is probable cause to search your vehicle. Please step forward and put both hands on the trunk of " etc etc...
Still peeves me to this day..
You could have taken them to court and won. First of all, they pulled you over for "speeding", and then go and search your car based on some unrelated sticker you had, which is not legit in the least. You can have whatever sticker you want, it doesn't give them the right to search your car by any means.

If you smelled like pot or alchohol or had weapons that would be different, but a sticker is no reason to search someones car, and pulling the whole car apart is totally uncalled for.

FTP

Quick Reply: Beware unmarked red Impala!