Northwest Members WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, SD, ND

Stupid Wind Kicking up again

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2007 | 04:07 PM
TECH Veteran

Default Stupid Wind Kicking up again

Its enough right now out here to see some of the weaker trees looking really unstable - and power was only restored on temporary lines.
I'm gonna be pissed if we lose power again and its supposed to get worse by middle of the night.

Anyone an electrician round here? I need an override on the natural gas furnace so I can plug it into the generator like my old one used to.
Old 01-06-2007 | 01:13 AM
TECH Addict

Actually the power company was telling one of the guys in the store tonight that they should expect to loose power.

This is the 21st century right? Why don't we start burying some of these power lines so they are not interfering with the trees (and vice-versa)?
Old 01-06-2007 | 01:34 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by GEARHED
Anyone an electrician round here? I need an override on the natural gas furnace so I can plug it into the generator like my old one used to.
I know a guy.. Think he has a Pweter T/A on here

Last edited by wws699; 01-06-2007 at 01:44 AM.
Old 01-06-2007 | 02:34 AM
10 Second Club

Howierf if we buryied all those line some dumb *** would cut into the in his back yard with a shovle and kill him self....THEN his dumb Blone wife would hire some one to sue all of us for being American and we would all be broke....kind of like the current system we have only faster

Either that or the billions of feet of lines above ground we all ready have cost to much to bury all at once
Old 01-06-2007 | 10:03 AM
10 Second Club

DAMN STORMS. It was fun towing my car home from Dons last night!!! Got it in the garage in between downpours. And then the winds kicked up & we lost power for the night. Got it back just now.....house was down to 60*....puppies were getting VERY snuggly.
Old 01-06-2007 | 12:05 PM
TECH Veteran

Well Ellis, unless the idiot plans on digging up the ROADWAY there isn't much for a lawsuit, being blonde would only make it worse

I did check some stats (current): it presently costs 1 million to string lines above ground for every mile. Underground is 4 million per mile. Considering its cost over 112 million and counting for this last round and we haven't added in the one for 1995, we could have paid for all underground lines by now to "the hardest hit areas". Even that amount would have been cut drastically as every new subdivision that has been built since 1995 would have to share if not pay for the entire division to be buried to the road and you know just about every road round here has been dug up, widened and repaved we would have not been in the dark for more than about 5 hours with maybe 30,000 without power where main lines out of the mountians had been hit.
(uh, sorry for that run on sentence but I'm outta tea)

Costco is having a sale on the Onan 7500 next week and while the Coleman 5700 has been a real work horse, I'm looking to find someone to wire in a gen/tran for me.

Who drives the pewter car and can they pm me please????
Old 01-06-2007 | 12:15 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by GEARHEAD
Who drives the pewter car and can they pm me please????
Read his quote and then look at his sig...
Originally Posted by wws699
I know a guy.. Think he has a Pweter T/A on here
Old 01-06-2007 | 12:41 PM
TECH Veteran

Yeah, I finally figured that out so wws699 needs to check his pm box

I had another crapastic thing to deal with this morning on another forum...woohoo...fun since 8:30AM!
not
Old 01-07-2007 | 01:09 AM
TECH Resident

Yep lost power last night again. Got it back around 3pm.
Old 01-08-2007 | 02:10 PM
TECH Enthusiast
15 Year Member

Not use to seeing power lines up around in Spokane. Even looking out my office window, I see one pole and three lines being run through it.

Everyday into town we drive under a massive thing of power lines that has 20+ on it, pretty sure it is running to the dam 3 miles away though.

In our community we don't have any lines running around above ground either, in the last three years there have only been two power outages that I can recall. We had one about 6 months ago, and one a year and a half ago.

How often power go out over there?
Old 01-08-2007 | 02:21 PM
TECH Addict

During the big storm a couple weeks ago, my dad and I rewired the whole breakerbox in the house, and put in a switch so that we could run the generator from the garage. That took awhile.

Quick Reply: Stupid Wind Kicking up again