A New Direction For America

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2007 | 08:19 AM
11 Second Club

Default A New Direction For America

WHY I FEEL SO MUCH BETTER!!!

The Democrats new promise "A New Direction For America"

The stock market is at a new all-time high and America's 401K's are back.
A new direction from there means, what?

Unemployment is at 25-year lows.

Oil prices are down drastically.

Taxes are at 20-year lows.

Federal tax revenues are at all-time highs.

The Federal deficit is down almost 50%, just as predicted over last year.

Home valuations are up 200% over the past 3.5 years.

Inflation is in check, hovering at 20 year lows.

Not a single terrorist attack on US soil since 9/11/01.

Osama bin Laden is living under a rock in a dark cave, having not surfaced in years, if he's alive at all, while 95% of Al Queda's top dogs are either dead or in custody, cooperating with US Intel.

Several major terrorist attacks already thwarted by US and British Intel, including the recent planned attack involving 10 Jumbo Jets being exploded in mid-air over major US cities in order to celebrate the anniversary of the 9/11/01 attacks.

Just as President Bush foretold us on a number of occasions, Iraq was to be made "ground zero" for the war on terrorism -- and just as President Bush said they would, terrorist cells from all over the region are arriving from the shadows of their hiding places and flooding into Iraq in order to get their faces blown off by US Marines rather than boarding planes and heading to the United States to wage war on us here.

Now let me see, do I have this right? I can expect:
The economy to go South
Illegal to go North
Taxes to go Up
Employment to go Down
Terrorism to come In
Tax breaks to go Out
Social Security to go Away
Health Care to go the same way gas prices have gone

But what the heck! I can gain comfort by knowing that Nancy P, Hillary C, John K, Edward K, Howard D, Harry R and Obama have worked hard to create a comprehensive National Security Plan, Health Care Plan, Immigration Reform Plan, Gay Rights Plan, Same Sex Marriage Plan, Abortion On Demand Plan, Tolerance of Everyone and Everything Plan, How to Return all Troops to the U.S. in The Next Six Months Plan, A Get Tough Plan, adapted from the French Plan by the same name and a How Everyone Can Become as Wealthy as We Are Plan.
I forgot the No More Katrina Storm Plan.

Now I know why I feel good after the elections. I am going to be able to sleep so much better at nights knowing these dedicated politicians are thinking of my welfare and me.
Old 01-06-2007 | 11:44 AM
TECH Resident

Boy ain't that the truth!
Old 01-06-2007 | 03:39 PM
Banned

I dont know, maybe they were talking about the illegal search and seizure and covert wars ? And if you remember correctly there werent any ties what so ever to Irag and Al queda before Bush's vandetta. I'm not going to argue about the hate created around the world by our current foreign policies and which came first the chicken or the egg but old Bush create binladdel head. The covert wars in central america from the reagan years, olie I dont remember a ******* thing north, to the countless other covert ops that we are known and hated for.

You can argue both ways. Last time a dem tried to stop a war they killed him. Wars have always been good business for the republicans and their cronies.

How many troops didnt have to die in Irag is the real question. Here: here is a target to hit; go kill our troops over there? Thats not my idea of a great terrorist policy.
Why are we there in the first place? Not one shred of evidence. Oh wait he doesnt need evidence, he absolved himself of the constitution. Then you have the illegal search and seizure of mail right now. Wich the govt already passed laws protecting us against. He's Bush he's above the law. He thinks he can do what he wants. As far as budget pahlease. Just another smoke amd mirror show like his election in the first place. Lost ballots, Ballots showing up late and at the fore front of it all his brothers state. I had been a republican all my life until alfred e neuman took the office of president. Yes we can use a change. Oh ya the rep's will try and scare you with the terrorist war. Wars are good business for them and its how they get elected and stay elected. Oh ya what did Clinton do? Got a bj ! He's such a bad man. We kill countless innocent iraqi citizens and spread hate for the US due to Bush's policies and he's a good pres? Maybe its me.

I'll unsubscribe from this thread because I dont like to argue politics. Its all bullshit on the first place. There are two different views and both arent right.
Old 01-06-2007 | 03:56 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by KrautBurner

WHY I FEEL SO MUCH BETTER!!!

The Democrats new promise "A New Direction For America"

The stock market is at a new all-time high and America's 401K's are back.
As compared to the internet years under Clinton? The stock market has been acting like a methodone addict under Bush.

Unemployment is at 25-year lows.
Tell that to the unemployed. Recently, the US Department of Labor quit counting people unemployed after a period... Annual unemployment rate is 4.6% in 2006, yet the employment-population ratio is 63.4%? Under Clinton, the annual unemployment rates from 1996 to 1999:
1996 - 5.4%
1997 - 4.9%
1998 - 4.5%
1999 - 4.2%

Under Bush from 2000-present:
2000 - 4.0%
2001 - 4.7%
2002 - 5.8%
2003 - 6.0%
2004 - 5.5%
2005 - 5.1%
2006 - 4.6% (People unemployed over 6 months no longer counted as unemployed due to change in policy)

Oil prices are down drastically.
What crack are you smoking? Seriously?

Taxes are at 20-year lows.
And the deficit is cosmic compared to even Reagan.

Federal tax revenues are at all-time highs.
Taxes are down? Taxes realized are higher? Huh?

The Federal deficit is down almost 50%, just as predicted over last year.
The national debt is at $8.6 TRILLION as of the turn of the year. We're down 50% of spending as compared to what Bush leaked out of every orifice during 2005. Spending sucked less, so that's a great thing???

Home valuations are up 200% over the past 3.5 years.
Housing market just around here is having the bottom fall out. You get this number from a magic 8-ball?

Inflation is in check, hovering at 20 year lows.
Inflation is out of control, the US Dollar is devalued at all-time lows against any other currency you can name. Greenspan resigned in disgust.

Not a single terrorist attack on US soil since 9/11/01.
And our civil liberties have eroded quite significantly. Bush has approved criminal acts and tells us it's his perogative with a straight face.

Freedom has a price of eternal vigilence. We have given up the watch and a significant portion of our freedom. But we feel safe now, much better, yes?

Osama bin Laden is living under a rock in a dark cave, having not surfaced in years, if he's alive at all, while 95% of Al Queda's top dogs are either dead or in custody, cooperating with US Intel.
Who the **** gives a **** about Osama anymore? Apparently not Bush, since he's busy getting Saddam hung while the Iraqi government creates the maximum amount of controversy surrounding the event all while civil chaos if not outright civil war rages on.

Al Quada has resurfaced all over... There's a signifant group in Paraguay now where I used to work a few years ago. Unfortunately, hate itself is not an international crime and Bush is trying to fight a Holy War (he first statement after 9/11 was were we going to fight a crusade, something he has changed the wording but it is apparent he really believes this). The US government showing hatred for other people's ideologies is what created the power base for our enemies to recruit believes against us. Tao karma and all that jive...

Several major terrorist attacks already thwarted by US and British Intel, including the recent planned attack involving 10 Jumbo Jets being exploded in mid-air over major US cities in order to celebrate the anniversary of the 9/11/01 attacks.
There is much debate around this while several US civilians rot illegally in Guantanamo. Our civil rights don't count for **** when you can disappear in the middle of the night without your family having a clue.

Just as President Bush foretold us on a number of occasions, Iraq was to be made "ground zero" for the war on terrorism -- and just as President Bush said they would, terrorist cells from all over the region are arriving from the shadows of their hiding places and flooding into Iraq in order to get their faces blown off by US Marines rather than boarding planes and heading to the United States to wage war on us here.
Uh huh... You've been watching Fox too much again.

Now let me see, do I have this right? I can expect:
The economy to go South
Illegal to go North
Taxes to go Up
Employment to go Down
Terrorism to come In
Tax breaks to go Out
Social Security to go Away
Health Care to go the same way gas prices have gone
THIS is what we've been experiencing the past 8 years... this is what is to change

But what the heck! I can gain comfort by knowing that Nancy P, Hillary C, John K, Edward K, Howard D, Harry R and Obama have worked hard to create a comprehensive National Security Plan, Health Care Plan, Immigration Reform Plan, Gay Rights Plan, Same Sex Marriage Plan, Abortion On Demand Plan, Tolerance of Everyone and Everything Plan, How to Return all Troops to the U.S. in The Next Six Months Plan, A Get Tough Plan, adapted from the French Plan by the same name and a How Everyone Can Become as Wealthy as We Are Plan.
I forgot the No More Katrina Storm Plan.
Loved the FEMA response with the "we have no plan". Yup, we should keep that in check!

Now I know why I feel good after the elections. I am going to be able to sleep so much better at nights knowing these dedicated politicians are thinking of my welfare and me.

And I am Republican... The Bush administration has almost in every way conceivable violated what I consider to be the founding idealology of the GOP. It just seems to be Big Business as usual.

I can only pray you were posting a satire rather than actually believing any of this drivel...

Last edited by SeaHawk; 01-06-2007 at 04:02 PM.
Old 01-06-2007 | 06:25 PM
10 Second Club

hEY COULD WE FIND SOME THING ELSE TO ******* BITCH ABOUT?
Old 01-06-2007 | 06:59 PM
TECH Fanatic

How about home improvements, what a pain in my ***. I woul have a cam if I didn't spend 1700 bucks to redo both of my bathrooms and of course you all know I like bitching about Fords or Imports...
Old 01-06-2007 | 08:47 PM
TECH Regular

******* winter.. seriously... how I make it in a state that has like 7 months of solid shitty weather is beyond me

I'm with you though, Kraut.
Old 01-07-2007 | 12:05 AM
T is for Towing not Turbo

Oxidation...I freaking hate oxidation. Working on my boat in the garage right now trying to get her all shined up and get a good coat or 2 of wax on it so it will look like it should. Oxidation sucks...
Old 01-07-2007 | 12:40 AM
11 Second Club

Everybody in America has an opinion, but sometimes only one person needs to set the example and made a decision because the members of the committee will never get anything done. President Bush did not start the war, but at least he tried to do something about it. America is great and lets keep it that way.
Old 01-07-2007 | 01:30 AM
TECH Regular

RE ELECT CLINTON !!!! I miss the economy under Clinton. but seriously what is up with this winter ?? cant wait for summer. I say we boycott winter. ~Guy
Old 01-07-2007 | 05:57 PM
TECH Resident

Just a note on the housing market, it's no that the houses appreciate. It's the value of the dollar that goes down.

As a benchmark example, take a look at the Euro - in Dec/2000 you needed US$0.84 to buy one Euro. As of last friday Jan/05/07 you need around US$1.33 to buy the same Euro. That's 58.33% since uncle stupid took the office. And I am not Rep or Dem, for me it's all the same, the agenda will always be the same no matter who's a$$ warms up that seat.

Quick Reply: A New Direction For America