Northwest Members WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, SD, ND

CCC Mtg

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2007, 11:32 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Someone else brought this up last year and the common response was, it is called CAR Club Challenge (or whatever the other 2 C's stand for) and that was the end of it.......I don't agreee but that was the general concensus.

Personally I don't see a problem having bikes race so long as they meet track rules and specs.......but it isn't my call.
Old 02-20-2007, 11:56 AM
TECH Addict

I wanna race my bike!! That way I can be up w/ a few of ypu guys!
Old 02-20-2007, 01:35 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by WAHUSKER
I know the risks, but it isn't any worse than running against another fast car....
Except for when a car hits a car theres a better chance of both people living, when a car hits a bike, not so much.
Old 02-20-2007, 02:01 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

To me, the whole buisness about, "Well the name is CAR Club Challenge" is stupid. I mean come on, its just a name. And to change it to Vehicle Club Challenge is even dumber. Just because of the name means no bikes allowed. So that means that if any organization has a name, it has to stick to it. Come on people. I think the real reason, is those people don't want bikes allowed is that they don't wanna get beat bad. It's just racing. I don't think we should descriminate against anyone. Also, the name is Car Club Challenge, then why are trucks allowed, hmmm...
Old 02-20-2007, 03:20 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by jewbacca
To me, the whole buisness about, "Well the name is CAR Club Challenge" is stupid. I mean come on, its just a name. And to change it to Vehicle Club Challenge is even dumber. Just because of the name means no bikes allowed. So that means that if any organization has a name, it has to stick to it. Come on people. I think the real reason, is those people don't want bikes allowed is that they don't wanna get beat bad. It's just racing. I don't think we should discriminate against anyone. Also, the name is Car Club Challenge, then why are trucks allowed, hmmm...
I don't think it's because they don't want to get beat...Remember CCC is not a Speed Race, it's a Consistency Race. It doesn't matter how fast you go, it's how consistent you are.

I think it's like everyone is saying, they don't want to be responsible for running someone over if the bike goes down. I personally wouldn't want to go against a bike. I don't even like to be around them on the street let alone the track. But the argument keeps coming up year after year and I think it needs to be addressed and either allowed or nipped in the bud for good. So if you guys with bikes want a say-so in this argument, I think you need to show up at the meeting tonight and voice your opinions.
Old 02-20-2007, 03:56 PM
TECH Veteran

I don't mind so much from the competition standpoint... heck, bikes don't make the best bracket racers, so I say bring 'em on, they can have fun waiting a few seconds to run down my C4.

From a safety standpoint, I can see the argument for not letting them on the track with cars. For the most part, they always keep them separate even in open T&T, so we probably should keep them out of our racing series as well.
Old 02-20-2007, 04:58 PM
TECH Resident

But this also boils down to the fact that I think if the guy on the bike is open to race agaist a car, then shouldn't they be able to make the desision themselves. I jut think if an adult wants to make their own desisions, and the person hes racing is fine with it, then why not let them. Seems to me like everyone is trying to but in on personal desisions. Now I think if it gets desided no bikes, it shouldn't be because of the name, it should be because of the safety issue. I mean come on, if your worried about it not jiving with the name, then why are trucks allowed in...

P.S. The reason I was talking about getting beat, is I know there is a huge arguument about Bikes vs. Cars all over the place. And if bikes were allowed to race, then guys who say cars are better might have ther eggo hurt.
Old 02-20-2007, 05:49 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Ryan K
Bike Vs. Car is just not safe, I know that I don't wana run over a bike when I am running him down...

Ryan K.

neither is racing

but they have no problem running cars vs bikes on "Street legal" days (that's what CCC is)

Originally Posted by 1BAD95Z
I don't know why bikes wouldn't be allowed.. Didn't ellis race one last year(?) at bremerton and the guy on the bike gave up at half track? I don't know if that was a CCC race, but why would it matter anyway? a race is a race...
yup,
he beat the bike too

Originally Posted by WAHUSKER
The mtg is at 7. I talked to PR last year about bikes & they had no problem with it. I know a lot of guys are interested in running their bikes so this will be discussed tonight. Personally I would like to race some fast bikes with my car in a controlled envirnment. I know the risks, but it isn't any worse than running against another fast car....
most of the bikes owners that I know aren't as fast as Ellis and Mark.
nor as consistant.
but the intent of CCC is to be a Legal outlet for people to race (and keep it off the street)
IMO, great place for some of our local bikers.

I would love to be at the meeting tonight cheering on the bikers. but I will be on my way to work 30 min after the meeting starts.

Russ

Last edited by KrautBurner; 02-20-2007 at 05:56 PM.
Old 02-21-2007, 12:30 AM
TECH Addict

I wanted to come but I did not get off work until my normal time (6). Then I had to come home and do laundry. fun.
Old 02-21-2007, 12:45 AM
T is for Towing not Turbo

I didn't make it...obviously...was in Fife at 430 and I-5 north was stopped, and I dunno if I would've made it by 7 anyway, lol! I hate traffic over there...but I said to myself while I was in Virginia this summer I'd never bitch about Seattle traffic again cause you ain't seen nothin till you've been over on the east coast...bah...
Old 02-21-2007, 01:11 AM
11 Second Club

still waiting on any info from the meeting
Old 02-21-2007, 01:29 AM
T is for Towing not Turbo

I heard black gto's won't be allowed to run this year...
Old 02-21-2007, 01:52 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by silverbullet02
I heard black gto's won't be allowed to run this year...

I hate your gutz !!!
Old 02-21-2007, 01:53 AM
10 Second Club

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

It was decided bikes would not run with CCCA. The call was made for the safety of the bikes.
Old 02-21-2007, 01:55 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by TwoFast4Lv
It was decided bikes would not run with CCCA. The call was made for the safety of the bikes.
Cool, I may not totally agree, I'm glad you guys desided for the sake of safty, and not the name
Old 02-21-2007, 02:08 AM
teh PuRpL3z

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I'd personally rather not have the bikes there, for safety and for the sake of the name. I'm not really sure why that bothers anyone.
Old 02-21-2007, 02:12 AM
10 Second Club

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Ok just to make the saftey factor clear.

Race one car against bike

No imagine Race Number two

Who wins that battle? The dead guy or the guy who has to live knowing he killed him?

Now with Bracket all thing being equal you get to the line at the same exact time so it could happen any where on the track.
Old 02-21-2007, 03:43 AM
TECH Resident

So Ellis, next time a Busa wants to race in Street legal, you are turning it down, right, refusing to race. I would expect all of the board members that voted that way to do the same.
Old 02-21-2007, 04:44 AM
11 Second Club

could happen with a car too

I can see the safety issues,
but the tracks allow it. if a driver dosn't feel safe (with there car or bike) they shouldn't be racing

side swiping 2 cars at 120+mph still isn't gonna be pretty either,
racing is inherantly dangerous, adults should be capable of making there own decisions

I still think bikes should be allowed,
but I'm not an officer, I can't make the meetings, I can't vote.

Russ

Last edited by KrautBurner; 02-21-2007 at 05:03 AM.
Old 02-21-2007, 05:03 AM
11 Second Club

did anything else come from the meeting?

Quick Reply: CCC Mtg