Northwest Members WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, SD, ND

Old skool Big Screen FS

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2007, 05:26 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Old skool Big Screen FS

Mitsubishi 60" rear projection tv.......old school (think big & boxy) but works like new, has a couple minor cosmetic issues on the trim, BUT no rips, tears, damage to the screen. Even comes with the $200 Mitsubishi "Diamond Plate" screen cover that fits flush and looks like a glass screen. No funny fading at angles (except maybe EXTREME angles) and is great to watch sports, movies etc. Doesn't have any burn in that I have seen, doesn't have that calibration issue, no shadowing, or anything wrong with the picture. Would make for a great tv room/den/etc type set. It is prolly 6-7 years old and even survived the move from L.A. up here........comes with remote, original manual, etc.

I was thinking about $350 but would entertain lower offers within reason. This thing is huge (screen and overall) and I LOVE watching it.......it is just too big for the room it is in so I need to let it go to a good home. You come get it, I have no way to deliver........it is in Lynnwood.

Let me know.
Old 03-14-2007, 10:28 PM
TECH Veteran

C'mon......$300?
Old 03-14-2007, 10:48 PM
Tech Addict

How old is it? Is it H/D ready?

Edit: forget the age question, I had a Rott blonde moment.
Old 03-14-2007, 10:57 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Rokko

So are you still interested in the answer to if the "old skool" projection TV is HD ready?
Old 03-14-2007, 11:15 PM
TECH Veteran

DOOOOOOOOD

And no, it isn't HD ready or I wouldn't be selling it.
Originally Posted by Poik
So are you still interested in the answer to if the "old skool" projection TV is HD ready?
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzing
Old 03-15-2007, 11:12 AM
Tech Addict

Nope, smart mouth. I've got a Hitachi big screen of that vintage that is HD and still looks fantastic.
Old 03-15-2007, 11:35 AM
TECH Veteran

Nope, smart mouth. I've got a Hitachi big screen of that vintage that is HD and still looks fantastic.
I didn't know they had HD TV's out 6-7 years ago..........you go with your bad self Rick.
Old 03-15-2007, 11:40 AM
Tech Addict

It's HD ready, no built in tuner. But feed it an HD source and it still looks great. Not as good as the 42" Plasma in by bedroom, but pretty damned good for its age.

You in the market for a new TV?
Old 03-15-2007, 11:44 AM
TECH Veteran

That's impressive. I knew nothing of HD tv back in 2000 or so........and yes, I have a brand new HD Tivo for DirecTV (which I have DTV already with 3 Tivos....) and this thing is WAY too big for the room it is in and I haven't bought myself a new "main" tv for ages and ages. Besides, I don't wanna go thru another football season without Hi-Def.
Old 03-15-2007, 02:42 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Rottluver
I didn't know they had HD TV's out 6-7 years ago..........you go with your bad self Rick.
I thought you said this thing was old school? At my house we have a 42" or so projector TV, with the wood enclosure with the closing cabinet doors to cover up the screen. It must be 25 years old, and was free fifty
Old 03-15-2007, 03:23 PM
TECH Veteran

Rott's one is huge but in great shape - but you do have to make room for it.

Why couldn't you hook up HD on an S input on it or is it sans that? We picked up 35" Sony WEGA 6 years ago that you can hook Hi-def up to using the S cable input. As long as it has that you should be asking more.
Old 03-15-2007, 04:42 PM
Tech Addict

S-Video doesn't have the bandwidth to pass a true HD signal through it. It's far better than composite though and looks way better. Rotts probably has component video connections too, which are better than S-Video and it'll look good, just not 720p, 1080i or 1080p good.

Component, HDMI, DVI and RGB computer cables will all pass an HD signal.
Old 03-15-2007, 10:13 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yep, in 2000/2001 there was no big screen high def TVs. Any old big screen might take a hi def pic but it's down converted to standard def, as I have old tvs that do that to this day. I was an early adopter of high def in late '01 and about the only high defs available was the 34" wide screen by Sony and Phillips and a 38" by RCA and a couple others but they were all coventional tube tv style, which still has the best hi def pic out there. I bought the Phillips and is was mucho $$. Still a good deal for someone.
Robert
Old 03-17-2007, 10:35 AM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by GEARHED
Rott's one is huge but in great shape - but you do have to make room for it.

Why couldn't you hook up HD on an S input on it or is it sans that? We picked up 35" Sony WEGA 6 years ago that you can hook Hi-def up to using the S cable input. As long as it has that you should be asking more.
Thanks for the pimp and no, it has no HD inputs of any kind, and AFAIK, no component cables, just lots of different AV inputs for DVD players, PS3/XBOX 360 players, etc. Oh, it does have S-Video, but I have no idea how or if that works with HD......This is strictly a big tv, with a great picture, that doesn't need any frills, extra equipment, etc. Looks great (aside from a couple dings to the base/trim of the speaker areathanks to the movers) and works even better. I have a HD tivo box but I haven't even thought of trying to hook it up since it can't receive the HD signal, why bother.

Anyway, this is no hi-tech, super TV, just a huge picture that is in great shape.....and as Amy said, needs some room that I just don't have any more. So if anyone wants a great deal on a (as of now) perfectly working big screen projection tv, let me know.
Old 03-17-2007, 10:36 AM
TECH Veteran

I thought you said this thing was old school? At my house we have a 42" or so projector TV, with the wood enclosure with the closing cabinet doors to cover up the screen. It must be 25 years old, and was free fifty
And it is old school you young whipper snapper. It was bought in late 99, is about 5 1/2 feet tall and a good 3 feet deep......compared to the newer rear projection tv's out there, this thing is ancient.

Quick Reply: Old skool Big Screen FS