Northwest Members WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, SD, ND

Bremerton raceway Friday night anyone?

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2007, 11:40 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well I got my parts and screwed my fuel solonoid to the fuel rail end. I have a 6" fuel line going into the nitrous plate in hopes of eliminating the lean spike. I also should be picking up a full bottle of spray in the morning.

I'm going to try and get the RPM function of my WBC working so I can see if my A/F is safe while I'm WOT for my runs.

I'm tempted to hit the dyno at turbotech before I head out to Bremerton because I don't have the RPM reading on the data logger. That way I can be sure its safe.

I may call them in the morning and see if they can get me in.........
Old 04-20-2007, 02:39 AM
11 Second Club

I'm going over there to watch.....Cory might make it with the Hummer too...I'm bringing my camera/video camera also.....along with my brand new, and last ankle job (operation last week)....
Old 04-20-2007, 10:45 PM
TECH Enthusiast

good job on your 11 flat run Jon, hopefully i'll get to that level soon. In the meantime i guess i'll just stick to smoking ricers on the freeway,
Old 04-20-2007, 11:58 PM
10 Second Club

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Mark You can use the truck if you want
Old 04-21-2007, 12:09 AM
Launching!

A new best tonight!

60- 1.836
1/8-7.393
MPH-99.22
1/4-11.276
MPH-127.15

It was fun learning how to drive on some REAL drag radials. Thanks Robert! Nice to meet everyone over there too. The H2 with KB was a real hoot to watch, cuz I know what a fat pig they are, and he was hauling *** with low 14's! I started the night running some sad 12.0's, then worked it down to 11.2's.

My last run of the day was going to be the best yet. I was .1 sec ahead of the last run at the 1/8. I grabbed 4th gear about 105mph, and went sideways big time. There was a sprinkle of rain happening that must have caused it. I told the timeslip girl about it and they shut everything down. It's got me thinkin about a roll bar. Note to self: stop racing when you see rain on the window.

aborted run:
60- 1.761
1/8-7.305
MPH-99.57
1/4-11.527
MPH-107.66
Old 04-21-2007, 12:49 AM
10 Second Club

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Glad you did not lose it man! Scares the hell out of you don't it

Nice times!
Old 04-21-2007, 04:15 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Daredevil_TA
good job on your 11 flat run Jon, hopefully i'll get to that level soon. In the meantime i guess i'll just stick to smoking ricers on the freeway,
That was funny!! He was pacing me for about 5 miles and I wouldn't give in till my freind said just drop a gear and see what he does. I droped from 6th to 3rd at 70mph and he hit the gas so I hammered it running out third and slowing after that. Then he pulled next to me again wanting to film my car.

I had my buddy Jake tell him **** no and he waved him off. Just what I need.........me illegally racing on film. Thats not my cup of tea any way. That guy was a dumb ***...........

Oh and thanks for the compliment. It was nice meeting you and hope to see you again soon. I plan on buying a new LSX intake and TB soon. That should help me a little bit huh???
Old 04-21-2007, 04:20 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Chris Stewart
A new best tonight!

60- 1.836
1/8-7.393
MPH-99.22
1/4-11.276
MPH-127.15

It was fun learning how to drive on some REAL drag radials. Thanks Robert! Nice to meet everyone over there too. The H2 with KB was a real hoot to watch, cuz I know what a fat pig they are, and he was hauling *** with low 14's! I started the night running some sad 12.0's, then worked it down to 11.2's.

My last run of the day was going to be the best yet. I was .1 sec ahead of the last run at the 1/8. I grabbed 4th gear about 105mph, and went sideways big time. There was a sprinkle of rain happening that must have caused it. I told the timeslip girl about it and they shut everything down. It's got me thinkin about a roll bar. Note to self: stop racing when you see rain on the window.

aborted run:
60- 1.761
1/8-7.305
MPH-99.57
1/4-11.527
MPH-107.66
Sounds like you had a 10 second run had you had no issues. Glad you kept it under control. When your hitting the power we are you BETTER be ready for **** like that. I always run with my competition mode so it'll help out however it does. I dread the day I deal with what you had to today. Glad I didn't see that. It would have scared the **** out of me.

You might have beat my best with that run had you not ran into those issue. Damn!!!!!
Old 04-21-2007, 09:33 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by TwoFast4Lv
Mark You can use the truck if you want
Thanks Ellis!!! I thought about asking, but I knew I was going to be working late last night & wasn't sure if I'd even want to go this morning.....I didn't.
Old 04-21-2007, 11:23 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

A new best tonight!

60- 1.836
1/8-7.393
MPH-99.22
1/4-11.276
MPH-127.15

aborted run:
60- 1.761
1/8-7.305
MPH-99.57
1/4-11.527
MPH-107.66
Nice runs Chris. Doing great on the BFGs for the first time out. Just need to find what works best for your power band on the launch.
Robert
Old 04-21-2007, 11:36 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by 00Vette
Sounds like you had a 10 second run had you had no issues. Glad you kept it under control. When your hitting the power we are you BETTER be ready for **** like that. I always run with my competition mode so it'll help out however it does. I dread the day I deal with what you had to today. Glad I didn't see that. It would have scared the **** out of me.

You might have beat my best with that run had you not ran into those issue. Damn!!!!!
Enjoy your #1 spot while it lasts. A couple years ago I got #1 with an 11.04, however, I only held it for like 36 hours until Ryan knocked me out with a 11.02. Wasn't even time to update the list, damn.
Robert
Old 04-21-2007, 12:02 PM
TECH Apprentice

I think most people made as many passes as desired. Good air too.
Old 04-21-2007, 12:16 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 00Vette
That was funny!! He was pacing me for about 5 miles and I wouldn't give in till my freind said just drop a gear and see what he does. I droped from 6th to 3rd at 70mph and he hit the gas so I hammered it running out third and slowing after that. Then he pulled next to me again wanting to film my car.

I had my buddy Jake tell him **** no and he waved him off. Just what I need.........me illegally racing on film. Thats not my cup of tea any way. That guy was a dumb ***...........

Oh and thanks for the compliment. It was nice meeting you and hope to see you again soon. I plan on buying a new LSX intake and TB soon. That should help me a little bit huh???

haha ya he paced me for a little bit too trying to get me to bite before you passed me, i just kept cruising along--then i heard this massive roar ahead of me an knew you two were goin at it--I'm thinking "is the civic serious?" So i decided to catch up an get a closer look at the action. So I'm behind you guys an he signals me to come beside him, "I guess since he thinks a H/C Vette is too much for him he'll have better luck with a bolt-on TA "

So I get beside him an wait till Jon gets far enough ahead of me, an i hear him downshift. I think i pissed off the bumblebee in his engine cuz it was loud as hell but not really goin anywhere, I slam it down into 3rd an instantly stop his pull an start to put car lengths on this guy. I did this to him about 3 times before we started to hit a little bit of traffic.

I decide to call it quits, but this guy doesnt seem to want to accept defeat, so he zips by me "knowing i have a car in front of me so i can't go anywhere" an this tool flips on his hazards like he just beat me! So I catch back up to him an blow by him again, well this time he gets a car in front of him so he gets on my *** an tries to chase me. I get another car in front of me so I slow down a little bit an he does the hazard thing again while also cutting a car off to get in front of him. I realize by chasing this idiot im stooping to his level so I just let him go, I guess some ricers will never learn-no matter how many times you beat them, was a good laugh tho, I'm sure he'll tell all his little civic buddies how he beat a Trans Am thru traffic.
Old 04-21-2007, 12:50 PM
Launching!

One of my races last night was against a little red honda with black hood, maybe carbon fiber. That little **** ran 12.1 at 124mph! I smoked his azz by almost 1 sec, but that ricer could run. I would have give him some respect in the pits but didn't see him. Sounds like you guys ran across a real moron. Some people just won't ever give up huh...
Old 04-21-2007, 01:15 PM
TECH Enthusiast

One of my races last night was against a little red honda with black hood, maybe carbon fiber. That little **** ran 12.1 at 124mph! I smoked his azz by almost 1 sec, but that ricer could run. I would have give him some respect in the pits but didn't see him. Sounds like you guys ran across a real moron. Some people just won't ever give up huh...

ya i saw that guy, little hatch with DR's-that thing prolly only wieghed 2500 lbs haha
Old 04-21-2007, 04:34 PM
10 Second Club

Yeah, some people!!! The car that was bugging us was a bluish silver Honda. And when I ran him I didn't even bother turning on the spray. LOL

Sounds like that little red honda had quite the built motor! I didn't get to see much racing while I was strpped into the Vette. Mark told me one time how much of a PITA it is getting in and out of the harness. Now I can see exactly what he meant. You strap in then have to wait for some other class, so you get out of the car. Then BAM you have to move your car and get in the staging lanes so your rushing to get your harness on. What a bitch!!
Old 04-21-2007, 05:51 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Sweet times.
Old 04-22-2007, 12:30 AM
TECH Addict

It was good seeing everyone that made it out. Hope to see and talk to you all some more next time... I was BUSY on friday!
Old 04-22-2007, 12:53 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by CHarris
It was good seeing everyone that made it out. Hope to see and talk to you all some more next time... I was BUSY on friday!
I could tell! You seemed a little pre-occupied when we talked. How much power are you planning/hoping on making in the H2 this year? My wife was talking about how your truck would almost lift the front tires back in the day. Remember that ****?
Old 04-22-2007, 02:08 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Hey did anyone else take out a cone going up to the line? man i felt like such an idiot when i did that, didn't feel so bad when i saw a couple of the slick cars clippin those cones, haha

Quick Reply: Bremerton raceway Friday night anyone?