Northwest Members WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, SD, ND

Bremerton raceway Friday night anyone?

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2007, 08:35 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I do, but i'm doing an automotive tech program an I'll have to pay for tools which im pretty sure the army is not gonna cover, So far i have my headers, cam, intake, heads, exhaust, pushrods, rockers and 02 extensions, the only thing i have left to collect is my head gaskets that are still on back order from thunder racing
Old 04-30-2007, 10:11 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Daredevil_TA
I do, but i'm doing an automotive tech program an I'll have to pay for tools which im pretty sure the army is not gonna cover, So far i have my headers, cam, intake, heads, exhaust, pushrods, rockers and 02 extensions, the only thing i have left to collect is my head gaskets that are still on back order from thunder racing
Damn!! That is one serious project you have before you. The Cam will be the only hard part. The heads, intake are much easier than you would think, and the headers (depending on type) should go on with a little wiggling.

Those mods will really wake that thing up!! What heads and cam did you go with?
Old 04-30-2007, 10:14 AM
Tech Addict

You should do the oil pump if your in there.
Old 04-30-2007, 05:51 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Rokko
You should do the oil pump if your in there.
Good call! I did mine while I was at it. I just got the ported oil pump from SLP!! Works great though.
Old 04-30-2007, 07:50 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 00Vette
Damn!! That is one serious project you have before you. The Cam will be the only hard part. The heads, intake are much easier than you would think, and the headers (depending on type) should go on with a little wiggling.

Those mods will really wake that thing up!! What heads and cam did you go with?
Yea there a set of Pacesetter LT's i got from Jeff "70LS1" for 50 bucks. One of the primaries had a hole in it so I had a buddy of mine weld up the hole an slice off the emission fittings an patch those up as well. Then i took them to Performance Coatings in Auburn to get them coated, I spent 285 on that, so for 335 bucks i got a set of coated longtube race headers. I'm going with a LPE GT2-3 its a smaller duration cam so it'll sound stock, but has quite abit of lift so it'll make awesome power. Don't get me wrong i like lopey cams but like i said before, this is my daily driver so i have to keep it reasonable. For my heads i went with a set of Patriot Stg. 1 LS6 heads with patriot gold springs, i think they'll work well with the cam. My goal is to have a stock sounding 400 rwhp car.

That oil pump is a good idea, I was contemplating on whether to get one or not, i guess i sort of steered away from it cuz i didnt have that agressive of a cam so i figured i'd be okay. Do you think i should still get one?
Old 04-30-2007, 11:12 PM
10 Second Club

Yea there a set of Pacesetter LT's i got from Jeff "70LS1" for 50 bucks. One of the primaries had a hole in it so I had a buddy of mine weld up the hole an slice off the emission fittings an patch those up as well. Then i took them to Performance Coatings in Auburn to get them coated, I spent 285 on that, so for 335 bucks i got a set of coated longtube race headers. I'm going with a LPE GT2-3 its a smaller duration cam so it'll sound stock, but has quite abit of lift so it'll make awesome power. Don't get me wrong i like lopey cams but like i said before, this is my daily driver so i have to keep it reasonable. For my heads i went with a set of Patriot Stg. 1 LS6 heads with patriot gold springs, i think they'll work well with the cam. My goal is to have a stock sounding 400 rwhp car.

That oil pump is a good idea, I was contemplating on whether to get one or not, i guess i sort of steered away from it cuz i didnt have that agressive of a cam so i figured i'd be okay. Do you think i should still get one?
I suggest you go with a ported oil pump or after market higher flow pump of some sort. It'll help push more oil which you'll need..

Quick Reply: Bremerton raceway Friday night anyone?