Northwest Members WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, SD, ND

Bremerton CCC Results Post Here

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2007, 01:21 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by esoteric
"Ford slow" hmmm... an oxymoron

Anyway, not a good start for our team, but we did acquire Kenny and the Barnetts. At the end of the day, those folks are going to make a difference.
Yea, but Zeke has stepped up to the plate, so no worry.
Robert
Old 05-06-2007, 01:31 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by LSxChevelle
Nice job Zeke!!

Good to see you guys! I am curious about the ruling on a dlr plate though as the car is street legal and drove from Kent. Seems kind of odd??
Did you bring the Vette? if so I didn't see it.

Oh yea, where were you Jon?
Robert
Old 05-06-2007, 02:12 PM
10 Second Club

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by LSxChevelle
Nice job Zeke!!

Good to see you guys! I am curious about the ruling on a dlr plate though as the car is street legal and drove from Kent. Seems kind of odd??
This rule has ALWAYS been in effect since we started CCCA. it is to keep True race cars from running.

Yes the car you brang was street legal but needed tabs. It was easy to fix and one guy did just that WHILE we raced.

Everyone who was illegal was told if they could fix it by the time we raced it was all good. One of our guys had a family memeber go get tabs for his car. The Lighting guys took off there Slicks.

The rules are there and VERY easy to follow

I had a great time and will be at Bremerton again saturday. maybe I can figure out how NOT to red light
Old 05-06-2007, 02:49 PM
teh PuRpL3z

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by TwoFast4Lv
This rule has ALWAYS been in effect since we started CCCA. it is to keep True race cars from running.

Yes the car you brang was street legal but needed tabs. It was easy to fix and one guy did just that WHILE we raced.

Everyone who was illegal was told if they could fix it by the time we raced it was all good. One of our guys had a family memeber go get tabs for his car. The Lighting guys took off there Slicks.

The rules are there and VERY easy to follow
Not only did that guy fix his tabs, but he made it to the quarter final round.

Last edited by DrEvyl; 05-06-2007 at 03:34 PM.
Old 05-06-2007, 04:15 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am not complaining, but let's face reality, we have quite a few race cars running. Licensing is a necessary but not sufficient criteria for a street car in our area since our laws are so lax. Keeping the numbers higher for CCC gives us bargaining strength with the tracks though, so we need to expand involvment as much as possible. Maybe when the General comes out with the new Camaro, and Chrysler with the Cuda, we can reassess, since we should have a lot of additional competitors. I think the later model car/truck drivers are really the backbone of the competition.
Old 05-06-2007, 04:40 PM
10 Second Club

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I am not complaining, but let's face reality, we have quite a few race cars running. Licensing is a necessary but not sufficient criteria for a street car in our area since our laws are so lax. Keeping the numbers higher for CCC gives us bargaining strength with the tracks though, so we need to expand involvment as much as possible. Maybe when the General comes out with the new Camaro, and Chrysler with the Cuda, we can reassess, since we should have a lot of additional competitors. I think the later model car/truck drivers are really the backbone of the competition.

You know as well as any there are rules in EVERY class

This is just one of ours
Old 05-06-2007, 05:03 PM
teh PuRpL3z

There really isn't any rule that you could make that would keep "race cars" out of the bracket, and even then, I'm kinda confused why we're (well, I would say "you're") still even concerned about these cars. You're really not making a lot of sense there... especially when you say that the new Camaro / Challenger release would have ANY bearing on the licensing rule.

It's not hard to get legitmate plates on a car, and because of that it makes the rule all that much more glaring of an issue... especially considering that some of the cars that have been hit by the rule (at least two of them from yesterday) were driven to the track, and were as stock of a "street car" as you could possibly imagine... and both of those cars I mentioned were NW F-body vehicles... so we kicked out our own guys because of the rule. Can't say it's not being enforced fairly. I saw Ellis go through the staging lanes checking, and he quite literally did look at EVERY car. One of them managed to correct the problem before eliminations, and he was allowed to run then. Totally fair.

And honestly, having these "race cars" in the races doesn't bother me one bit. It's not any different of a race. Having a "race car" does not give them any advantage in the competition and they get beat by "street cars" every race. the more the merrier.

I mean to be honest... and I don't mean you to take offense by this... it's almost like you are stuck on this issue because it makes the competition more fierce, and makes it harder to make rounds... and I really cannot grasp why you keep hammering on these "race cars"... If it was a situation where the semi-final round every week was nothing but these "race cars", I might agree there was a problem... But it's typically been cars that you couldn't create a rule to keep them out.
Old 05-06-2007, 05:12 PM
TECH Veteran

A lot of the time, it isn't the 'race' cars that are winning. Look at Bill Salia last season... he raced in what, 3 races? Won all 3, driving an LT1 car with bolt-ons running low 13s... not exactly a race car.

The only person I see winning on a consistent basis with a 'race' car is Kenny... who as you said, you acquired.. and we all know the dude's car doesn't even sniff the street, even though it is 'street legal' for CCC. Yeah... don't see that car commuting on 405 ever. It is a car specifically created to race brackets and win... the very definition of a 'race' car. But oh well, it's legal for our competition, and that just means the rest of us have to step it up.

Personally, I think if we want to step up competition and reward people for their racing, I say we go back to the old way of scoring... you don't win a point unless you win in the first round. I mean really... what should we be rewarding? Attendance, or racing? I say we reward racing, and only give points to the people who can actually go a round or two, rather than giving a point to any schmoe who shows up.
Old 05-06-2007, 07:37 PM
teh PuRpL3z

FWIW, I've seen Kenny O'Keefe running with the same deadly accuracy while driving an unmodified beater 6-banger Mustang.
Old 05-06-2007, 09:08 PM
TECH Fanatic

You are all in trouble next week when Big Poo hits the track, New rims and Brakes that has got be atleast 300 RWHP.
I hope that thing is consistent!

Congrats Zeke!

I really want to get the WS6 out there, but I have some issues I need to get fixed before I run it again.
Old 05-06-2007, 10:37 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Tranzor
A lot of the time, it isn't the 'race' cars that are winning. Look at Bill Salia last season... he raced in what, 3 races? Won all 3, driving an LT1 car with bolt-ons running low 13s... not exactly a race car.

The only person I see winning on a consistent basis with a 'race' car is Kenny... who as you said, you acquired.. and we all know the dude's car doesn't even sniff the street, even though it is 'street legal' for CCC. Yeah... don't see that car commuting on 405 ever. It is a car specifically created to race brackets and win... the very definition of a 'race' car. But oh well, it's legal for our competition, and that just means the rest of us have to step it up.

Personally, I think if we want to step up competition and reward people for their racing, I say we go back to the old way of scoring... you don't win a point unless you win in the first round. I mean really... what should we be rewarding? Attendance, or racing? I say we reward racing, and only give points to the people who can actually go a round or two, rather than giving a point to any schmoe who shows up.

So, you are saying it's the driver more than the car? That's probably true up to a point. But Bill got to be as good as he is by racing many many times, and by having a race car or two or.. however many he has. If the intent of the competiition is to let people who drive their cars on the street have a venue to race, the intent of the law and the letter of the law could be made be more compatible.

I've thought about bringing my truck; I'd be more consistent, but I'd be slow. Bracket racing is inherently contradictory and not completely satisfying. I think that's why we explore these ideas. I just think there's something wrong if my 17 second truck does better than my 11 second car at the races, and it probably would. What makes it worse is the present system that rewards bringing the truck.

Or we could reward who wins, and who goes fast; and if you win and go fast you get more points. Easy to do. Have a separate category for cars that run in the 12's or 11's or 10's with additonal points for the faster categores. It all depends on what you want to reward. Just putting down my thoughts as they come to me on this one... Then every team would want to get thier cars to go quicker... The more I think about this the better it seems. The 10 second category wouldn't have very many cars. That would mean less waiting... You either win and get some big points or lose and go home. Your team and mine would have people in virtually every category of speed, but probably not the other teams...

Last edited by esoteric; 05-06-2007 at 10:58 PM.
Old 05-06-2007, 11:27 PM
TECH Senior Member

That's why I enjoy the challenge of trying to go fast and be consistant in the 6-speed high hp realm, not easy to do. Yes my truck is a much better bracket racer, but the enjoyment level is all most zero. However, some have slow good bracket cars only cause the $$ amount to go fast in that type car. I believe any who would try competing in a high hp fast car would never go back to the slow drudgery of a 18.xx car or truck, just for the pure thrill of the ride.

When I take someone for a ride in my vette and they say let me the hell out of here, then I have done my job. Now in my truck, they want out for different reasons, like the fermenting growth on the seats.

Different goals for different people. Some like to gather points and trophies at the expense of a thrill ride. Some are willing to side step the the goal of trophies/points for the pure excitement of going fast and breaking their own personal bests. Some like to try and be the best at both. It's still all racing though.
Robert
Old 05-06-2007, 11:39 PM
teh PuRpL3z

So, you are saying it's the driver more than the car? That's probably true up to a point. But Bill got to be as good as he is by racing many many times, and by having a race car or two or.. however many he has. If the intent of the competiition is to let people who drive their cars on the street have a venue to race, the intent of the law and the letter of the law could be made be more compatible.
That made absolutely no sense.

And I think that's what we're both saying.. Bracket racing is all about the driver... nothing more. Bill is not unbeatable, neither is Kenny. I've sent Kenny home in the first round before.

It's really difficult to understand what it is you're looking for...

I've thought about bringing my truck; I'd be more consistent, but I'd be slow. Bracket racing is inherently contradictory and not completely satisfying. I think that's why we explore these ideas. I just think there's something wrong if my 17 second truck does better than my 11 second car at the races, and it probably would. What makes it worse is the present system that rewards bringing the truck.
Being consistent is not a function of how fast the car is. My 12 second Firebird is more consistent than my 16 second truck was, and more so than the 18-second car I rented. Why your car isn't more consistent, I couldn't really say. We have people driving 10 second cars that win consistently... we have fast cars with stick shifts that are consistent.

[Or we could reward who wins, and who goes fast; and if you win and go fast you get more points. Easy to do. Have a separate category for cars that run in the 12's or 11's or 10's with additonal points for the faster categores. It all depends on what you want to reward. Just putting down my thoughts as they come to me on this one... Then every team would want to get thier cars to go quicker... The more I think about this the better it seems. The 10 second category wouldn't have very many cars. That would mean less waiting... You either win and get some big points or lose and go home. Your team and mine would have people in virtually every category of speed, but probably not the other teams...
To be honest, it sounds like you're running in the wrong race series. You can't really put an expectation to make cars faster all the time on a car club bracket... for example, I couldn't see expecting the guy that on Saturday brought out a beautiful Hugger Orange '69 Camaro SS/RS with a factory 427 under the hood to mod the car.

Not to mention that is sounds like that would mean everyone would have to build "race cars" or only spend a limited time in the series.
Old 05-06-2007, 11:45 PM
teh PuRpL3z

Originally Posted by Robert56
Some like to gather points and trophies at the expense of a thrill ride. Some are willing to side step the the goal of trophies/points for the pure excitement of going fast and breaking their own personal bests. Some like to try and be the best at both. It's still all racing though.
Just because I race for trophies and points doesn't mean I've had to sacrifice the fun of my car. Not everyone wants a 10 second car.
Old 05-07-2007, 12:04 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by DrEvyl
Just because I race for trophies and points doesn't mean I've had to sacrifice the fun of my car. Not everyone wants a 10 second car.
Wasn't targeting anyone, or trying to talk down anyone for their goals. Are you sure you don't want a faster car? That just dosen't seem like your real goal, why mod your car at all if not to go faster? Yea, not everyone wants a 10 sec car, very true, some want a 9 sec car.
Robert
Old 05-07-2007, 12:26 AM
teh PuRpL3z

Originally Posted by Robert56
Wasn't targeting anyone, or trying to talk down anyone for their goals. Are you sure you don't want a faster car? That just dosen't seem like your real goal, why mod your car at all if not to go faster? Yea, not everyone wants a 10 sec car, very true, some want a 9 sec car.
Robert
Yes, I'm sure I don't want my car any faster than I've planned for it. No cage means I can't make it any faster than 11.50. I don't want it any faster than that. And I'm just saying... points and trophies are the reason I race.

Having a car that runs 10s or faster might be thrilling, but the amount of time and money those of you with the fast cars spend on them is pretty far from thrilling as far as I'm concerned. I don't have that much to put into it.
Old 05-07-2007, 12:32 AM
TECH Fanatic

Ok my car if I get it done, If its goes faster than 11.5s I will detune it because I dont want to go that fast either.

That car is my sunner dd & I dont want to have a cage in it, I want the car to look stock on the out side & want people to be wetting their pants when they hear it start up.

Not only that I drive my kids around in this car (when its running)
Old 05-07-2007, 01:15 AM
TECH Regular

I do have to agree with Zeke. As much as I would love to get some kind of reward for making my car faster I just dont see how it could be done and made fair for everyone. Im not much of a bracket racer obviously and so I guess I fall into the category of trying to break my personal bests and going faster. I know it seems stupid to be doing this in a bracket racing environment but I really enjoy the people in CCC and maybe someday I will get somewhat satisfied with how fast my car is and actually try to win some races.

And thanks for the kind words Mark.
Old 05-07-2007, 02:35 AM
TECH Veteran

That's right... if people want to race in a rewards for speed category, they need to race in a grudge match series... hell, they need to go out and buy themselves an alcohol car or nitro, and run with the big boys... they race to see who's fastest, plus they get paid.

This is the CCC... it's not serious, and by being a bracket racing contest, it means ANYONE can compete, no matter what they drive... just a contest for those who like the sport, but more importantly, like cars and car clubs.

If you truly want a grudge match system, you need to organize a grudge match league, give points for speed, etc. CCC is the absolute wrong venue for that sort of thing. My 2 cents, if you don't like the game that's being played, don't play... play a different game. Anyhow, how fast or how slow your car is doesn't matter in the least... My freakin' 2001 Impala was pretty much all over the map by a few tenths, and it's a slug of a mid to high 16 second car... it's an auto, but it being slow certainly doesn't make it consistent.

Sorry, I probably am overstepping my bounds... after all, I'm just driving a slow *** L98 powered C4 relic of the 80s, and not a cool fast car. Oh well, guess I'll just have to work on consistency, knowledge of the type of racing and my car, and being quicker on the tree. Incidentally, all things that matter to be successful in CCC, and none of which has anything to do with how **** *** slow my car is compared to some other cars around here.
Old 05-07-2007, 02:39 AM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by DrEvyl
Yes, I'm sure I don't want my car any faster than I've planned for it. No cage means I can't make it any faster than 11.50. I don't want it any faster than that. And I'm just saying... points and trophies are the reason I race.

Having a car that runs 10s or faster might be thrilling, but the amount of time and money those of you with the fast cars spend on them is pretty far from thrilling as far as I'm concerned. I don't have that much to put into it.
I'm with ya Zeke... I tried to keep up with my Camaro, but in the end, it was too big a drain on my wallet, especially since I wanted to go back to school and finish my degree.

It wasn't any fun to have a "fast" manual car, because every time I would fix something... I'd break something else. I was sick and tired of chasing all the problems in the drivetrain stemming from high RPM clutch dumps... not to mention, clutches, driveshafts, and rear ends are way too rich for my blood to continually go through them like crap through a goose.

So, I'm happy with the Turquoise Terror. It's slow and cheap, but what the hell... it's consistent if the driver can just get his head out of his *** and not red light, and not break out.

Quick Reply: Bremerton CCC Results Post Here