Northwest Members WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, SD, ND

Just bought a Harley

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2007, 06:37 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Just bought a Harley

Went down to Eastside Harley Sunday to check out their 0 down financing deals for the '07 bikes. They ran my credit and told me I qualify for anything on the floor plus any accessories I wanted. I could not resist. I bought a Softail Heritage Classic with exhaust, intake, custom tune and new riding gear for 20k. Payments were a little more than I would have liked but I can eat Ramen for a couple of months I guess.
Old 07-02-2007, 09:18 AM
10 Second Club

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Very Nice Howard! PICS!!
Old 07-02-2007, 11:35 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I agree with Ellis! We need some pics!!!
Old 07-02-2007, 11:41 AM
11 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Cool......

Need pics now!

Mike
Old 07-02-2007, 12:39 PM
teh PuRpL3z

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Hell, I got my camera in the car and I'm in Kirkland, if you want I'll come take pics for you.. LOL
Old 07-02-2007, 12:55 PM
10 Second Club

Cool. I've been drooling over the VRods for a while now.....
Old 07-02-2007, 01:06 PM
TECH Veteran

He called from the dealership and tells John he's gonna try to buy this.

So I have to know... how'd they let ya out the door with that thing? And then you DON'T STOP BY?

j/k, miss ya man
Old 07-02-2007, 01:08 PM
10 Second Club

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

BTW Howard get your endorsement ASAP! They are impounding bikes of non-endorsed riders now!
Old 07-02-2007, 01:11 PM
TECH Veteran

I think he is still endorsed but might need a retest with a new bike? They intentionally make those tests impossible to pass lately too.
Old 07-02-2007, 01:59 PM
TECH Senior Member

Pics or die howierd. thats awesome, cant wait to see it.
Old 07-02-2007, 02:16 PM
12 Second Club

Awesome Howard!! Everytime I go up to burlington I stop by Steel Dreams and drool over the Big Dog's there, sat on a V-rod last time I was at Lynnwood Harley too man they're comfortable.

And yes PICS!!!!
Old 07-02-2007, 02:34 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by GEARHED
I think he is still endorsed but might need a retest with a new bike? They intentionally make those tests impossible to pass lately too.
So long as his previous endorsement wasn't for a moped or mini bike (under 50cc's) a Motorcycle endorsement is good for any street legal bike AFAIK. Having just completed the State sponsered safety class a couple months ago, that was covered.
Old 07-02-2007, 03:50 PM
10 Second Club

hehehe
Old 07-02-2007, 03:52 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by howierd42
Just bought a Harley
Just think of all the $$$ you could have put in your car instead..

Old 07-02-2007, 07:23 PM
TECH Senior Member

Wow, that's great Howard. Welcome to the Harley family, it's big. I do have an extra nitrous kit kicking around. Did you see the V-Rod kicking azz this weekend in the NHRA, Andrew Hines. Harley Rocks. Mom, Apple Pie, Chevrolets and Harley Davidson.
Robert
Old 07-02-2007, 07:44 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Rottluver
So long as his previous endorsement wasn't for a moped or mini bike (under 50cc's) a Motorcycle endorsement is good for any street legal bike AFAIK. Having just completed the State sponsered safety class a couple months ago, that was covered.
only when you take the class. if you test with a bike you're only rated to that size motor. unlimited is if you take the course or test on something over 1000cc
Old 07-02-2007, 08:17 PM
TECH Addict

I took the bike to work today. Rides great. I do have to get used to it again. I have not been on 2 wheels in about 15 years.

I want to get my endorsment VERY soon. The problem is just working it around work.

My boss has been looking at buying a V-Rod since they came out (I used to work with him building web sites and databases during the dot-coms). He was recently talking about it again. I saw Harley's ad on TV for 0 down, told him about it and he told me that the bike he wants is not available until the '08s come out. At that I rather jokingly told him that I would have a Harley before he would.

Sunday just for the hell of it I went to the dealership and there are three of the bikes my boss has been wanting. I called him and told him to come check them out. He didn't believe me in the least but came out anyway to cheer me on to get one for me. When he shows up he can't believe they have the bike, and the dealer tells him there are only 3 in the state. He proceeds to whip out 5g's in cash and finances the rest.

Needless to say he did get his before me ... only about half an hour before me, though.

I will post picts when I get the bike back. Right now it is at the dealership having the exhaust, intake and new computer tune installed. It's supposed to be ready tomorrow when I get off work.

Now I have to clean out a spot in my garage to put it so I have a BUNCH of Seahawks, home, stock LS1, and Star Wars stuff for sale.
Old 07-03-2007, 09:29 AM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by HitmanLSX
only when you take the class. if you test with a bike you're only rated to that size motor. unlimited is if you take the course or test on something over 1000cc
Wow, they never mentioned anything like that. Good to know. My apologies if I mislead anyone. That is how it was at home and since they said nothing about it in the class, I made the error of presuming it was the same here. Sorry.
Originally Posted by howierd42
I took the bike to work today. Rides great. I do have to get used to it again. I have not been on 2 wheels in about 15 years.

I want to get my endorsment VERY soon. The problem is just working it around work.

My boss has been looking at buying a V-Rod since they came out (I used to work with him building web sites and databases during the dot-coms). He was recently talking about it again. I saw Harley's ad on TV for 0 down, told him about it and he told me that the bike he wants is not available until the '08s come out. At that I rather jokingly told him that I would have a Harley before he would.

Sunday just for the hell of it I went to the dealership and there are three of the bikes my boss has been wanting. I called him and told him to come check them out. He didn't believe me in the least but came out anyway to cheer me on to get one for me. When he shows up he can't believe they have the bike, and the dealer tells him there are only 3 in the state. He proceeds to whip out 5g's in cash and finances the rest.

Needless to say he did get his before me ... only about half an hour before me, though.

I will post picts when I get the bike back. Right now it is at the dealership having the exhaust, intake and new computer tune installed. It's supposed to be ready tomorrow when I get off work.

Now I have to clean out a spot in my garage to put it so I have a BUNCH of Seahawks, home, stock LS1, and Star Wars stuff for sale.
Congrats on getting the bike. And it is just Seahawk stuff, it isn't important.

Let me know if you find a good place to unload any of that Star Wars stuff. My Mom recently came across a couple things I had from when I was a kid that I don't want but don't just want to give away........would be curious where a good place to sell em is. I looked on ebay but they were over run.