Northwest Members WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, SD, ND

throwing codes.input on possible issue ..

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2007, 11:36 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default throwing codes.input on possible issue ..

I have posted in the past under pcm diag + tuning, but never get much of a response. Here is whats going on..
About 2 months ago my car sat for awhile, so I jumped it and when it started I threw P0135, P0200, P1153. After about 2 minutes the car felt normal and no more issues. I wrote down the codes and reset the pcm due to emissions check was coming due in a few days.
Today, I was on my way to work, taking off from a stoplight 1/2 throttle and car sounded funny..power was less and seen the check engine light blinking on dash. I was getting ready to pull over and engine sounded normal again and all was good. So I checked the codes and this is what it set off. All these were set off at the same time.
P1416 Air system bank 2
P1153 Ho2S Bank 2 sen 1 insuff switching
P0300 Random multiple cyl misfire detected
P0200 Injector Circuit cylinder Malfunction
P0135 02S Heater circuit bank 1 sensor 1 malfunction
I might have a slight header leak on the drivers/pass side(only reason I say this is I can see some darker areas above the headers that look like it would be from a slight leak above the first 2 cylinders on each side, I don't hear any ticking from the headers.). All these happened at once, so has to be something first that caused the chain of codes to throw. I will look over the wires and make sure they are not loose. The other time that I threw the codes was after car sat a really long time, as soon as it started the codes threw. This time I was at a stoplight and getting ready to go 1/2 throttle +, then I heard a sound(kinda like muffler was clogged), a muffled sound, not the same healthy tone it normally has. Then I seen the check engine light flash about 7 times, I slowed down and the flashing went away and car ran normal. On my way home I went WOT a few times and all was good.
Today I am going to check all the plug wires to make sure they are tight(the plug wires are MSD and about a year old). Tighten up my header bolts and stick some locking bolts on. When the LT headers were put on, I did make some resrictor plates for the air tubes a few days later also. I don't know if this could be the check valve on the air tubes, but kinda odd the car lost power and had a strange muffled sound, unless that was just from the missfire and the pcm cut power.

Last edited by rotwiler; 07-03-2007 at 11:47 AM.