Northwest Members WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, SD, ND

I Want A Refund Ellis

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2007, 02:33 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wink I Want A Refund Ellis

I'm not sure I like this latest tune you put in my car. I mean it idles rich as hell now. It's so bad Linda has to hold a napkin to her nose at stop lights. Damn dude.....

Of course I did just hang door-to-door with a yellow GSX R on I 5 from a 70 mph roll. Not sure where we let off....somewhere past 110 cuz we had traffic a 1/2 mile in front of us. He had a girl on the back, and we had the t-tops off & the windows down, so the handicap was about equal. A double thumbs-up race.

And then I had to show some guy with a loud 300SX that V8s are better. I let him go first from 40mph, and then fish-tailed away from him convincingly. He pulled back along side & told me that wasn't fair.

So, get yur *** over here & fix it, will ya?
Old 07-01-2007, 02:39 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by WAHUSKER

Of course I did just hang door-to-door with a yellow GSX R on I 5 from a 70 mph roll. Not sure where we let off....somewhere past 110 cuz we had traffic a 1/2 mile in front of us. He had a girl on the back, and we had the t-tops off & the windows down, so the handicap was about equal. A double thumbs-up race.
You know you have a fast street car when you start picking fights with bikes lol.. Good job!

Mike
Old 07-01-2007, 02:56 PM
10 Second Club

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

You know Eric is going to be here any moment ranting! Then again my Street/Strip car is to dangerous for him I mean hell it can't be fast it is only legal to 8.50 and his car will run like 5s....

Bring it on over and we will take that fuel back out so it is 17:1 again
Old 07-01-2007, 03:05 PM
10 Second Club

Yeah, I'll never hear the end of this from him.....thank GOd we weren't in your car. The worst part is when I hit it at 70 the ***-end kicked slighty to the left. Maybe I need Danny to look over the dif too?

PS I tweaked the VE down 5% at idle & it's better now - LTFTs are -.8 to - 2
Old 07-01-2007, 03:15 PM
10 Second Club

Looks good! I think we needed to work over the under 55KPA to 2,000 range

For what little tuning we did at the race it sure taught us alot

BTW come on over. I am ready to return the Mikes you brought for a refund
Old 07-01-2007, 04:45 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TwoFast4Lv
You know Eric is going to be here any moment ranting! Then again my Street/Strip car is to dangerous for him I mean hell it can't be fast it is only legal to 8.50 and his car will run like 5s....

Bring it on over and we will take that fuel back out so it is 17:1 again
17:1, nice.

I knew it, 25.5, right?
Robert
Old 07-01-2007, 06:08 PM
Launching!

It's ok because you didn't plan on street racing before you went out. Glad your car is running well.
Old 07-01-2007, 07:12 PM
Launching!

I've said it before and i'm going to say it again. Your car is F-ing INSAINE 'in a good way' lol
Old 07-01-2007, 08:48 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Robert56
I knew it, 25.5, right?
Robert

Nope It is cert to 8.50 and 150mph. I plan on designing a 'Chute bar then it will cert to 180Mph

IF I go faster then 8.50 I WILL build an entirely new car and find sponsers

I will post a few pics soon. I have been so busy I can't even start to paint the cage so I can start putting it back together.

I DID take it out for a drive yesterday Just another real street car
Old 07-01-2007, 09:27 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by NVME
It's ok because you didn't plan on street racing before you went out. Glad your car is running well.
All in good fun Eric. I was really NOT looking for any races. The wife & I were just taking the hot rod up to Costco to pick up some stuff for the 4th.

So there we were, crusing along at 70 in the middle lane when I see this yellow rocket weaving thru traffic. As he pulled along side in the left lane I could see him taking a hard look at the car, and sure enough as he went by he rev'd at me & then pulled ahead & into the center lane & slowed down & started looking at me in his mirrors. A guy can only take so much egging-on, right?

So I changed lanes & pulled along side him & goosed it a little to let him know I wanted to play. And instantly it was on. It was probably the most even race I have ever had. I bet neither of us gained or lost more than 6" as we went thru our power bands.

And as I look back on it, we let off around 130.....the car hit it's peak in 3rd gear just as I lifted. It was fun, and we had plenty of room to keep it safe. I've always wanted to race one of them and he seemed like a cool guy.
Old 07-01-2007, 10:07 PM
11 Second Club

It's all good ......I'm sure that BIGGG turbo you got going on their will run real fast....Jeff's car with the twin 67's ran 8.76 last year and he mentined that a mutual friend is running 7's in his street Mustang. Now that would be friggin scary on the street as if a 8 second car already isn't
Old 07-01-2007, 10:28 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by TwoFast4Lv
Nope It is cert to 8.50 and 150mph. I plan on designing a 'Chute bar then it will cert to 180Mph

IF I go faster then 8.50 I WILL build an entirely new car and find sponsers

I will post a few pics soon. I have been so busy I can't even start to paint the cage so I can start putting it back together.

I DID take it out for a drive yesterday Just another real street car
Very interesting. What are you going to be running as in power, your current lt1 and spray, or something totally different? Yea, pics would be nice.

Hey Mark, I just noticed in your sig (was checking the competions numbers, hehe) you run a Cam Motion cam, that's who did my custom cam. Still going to turn the wick up this summer?

I made a vow to myself when I raced that Lambo through the s curves in down town Tacoma's I-5, not to be so foolish any more. Man approaching the 140mph barrier with some traffic, scared me straight. You have to be ready a 1/2 mile ahead it seems. I know you said no traffic, but be safe out there.
Robert
Old 07-01-2007, 10:30 PM
10 Second Club

Marks cam is a comprimise from what I wanted and what he wanted It seems to work ok
Old 07-01-2007, 11:49 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Robert56
Very interesting. What are you going to be running as in power, your current lt1 and spray, or something totally different? Yea, pics would be nice.

Hey Mark, I just noticed in your sig (was checking the competions numbers, hehe) you run a Cam Motion cam, that's who did my custom cam. Still going to turn the wick up this summer?

I made a vow to myself when I raced that Lambo through the s curves in down town Tacoma's I-5, not to be so foolish any more. Man approaching the 140mph barrier with some traffic, scared me straight. You have to be ready a 1/2 mile ahead it seems. I know you said no traffic, but be safe out there.
Robert

Holy Hell! an I thought some of the guys that wanted to race ME were crazy
Old 07-02-2007, 07:37 AM
10 Second Club

Yepper, I run a custom Cam Motion grind. Jimbob, Ellis & I talked about it for quite a while before we agreed on the lumps. Certainly not a wild cam, but it seems to make pretty good power & still have a nice sounding idle. Which is the compromise Ellis talked about...
Old 07-02-2007, 12:04 PM
Launching!

All in good fun Eric. I was really NOT looking for any races. The wife & I were just taking the hot rod up to Costco to pick up some stuff for the 4th.

So there we were, crusing along at 70 in the middle lane when I see this yellow rocket weaving thru traffic. As he pulled along side in the left lane I could see him taking a hard look at the car, and sure enough as he went by he rev'd at me & then pulled ahead & into the center lane & slowed down & started looking at me in his mirrors. A guy can only take so much egging-on, right?

So I changed lanes & pulled along side him & goosed it a little to let him know I wanted to play. And instantly it was on. It was probably the most even race I have ever had. I bet neither of us gained or lost more than 6" as we went thru our power bands.

And as I look back on it, we let off around 130.....the car hit it's peak in 3rd gear just as I lifted. It was fun, and we had plenty of room to keep it safe. I've always wanted to race one of them and he seemed like a cool guy.

I would have done the same thing if there was enough room to do it safely. I just don't appreciate being told to pull my head out of my *** when I do it and then
when somebody else does the same thing they get a pat on the back by the same people.

Did you get a look at what size bike it was? What does you car trap these days (mid 130s???). Sounds like a liter bike. You should have come to the track on Wednesday. My pretty much stock GSXR went 10.37 @ 138 with my fat *** on it. Would have been a good race.

Last edited by NVME; 07-02-2007 at 12:09 PM.
Old 07-02-2007, 12:57 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I think the roll cage that would be visible with your windows down and tops off is a good sign to some of them that it is a good potential race!
Old 07-02-2007, 01:06 PM
10 Second Club

I just don't appreciate being told to pull my head out of my *** when I do it and then
when somebody else does the same thing they get a pat on the back by the same people.
I said ACE. there is a difference. Then again until just your last few posts you insisted you would only race us on the street? what do you expect?

So when is you 25.5 turbo project coming out?
Old 07-02-2007, 06:49 PM
Launching!

Just what is my ace?

My turbos are scheduled to arrive on the 5th. I have to go out of town for work on the 11th though. Sucks to be me.
Old 07-02-2007, 08:40 PM
10 Second Club

Just what is my ace?

My turbos are scheduled to arrive on the 5th. I have to go out of town for work on the 11th though. Sucks to be me.
It will be nice to see you at the track again! Hurry home safe!