Northwest Members WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, SD, ND

Randy Winkler's Camaro - Stolen Camaro found parted out

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2007, 11:40 AM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Randy Winkler's Camaro - Stolen Camaro found parted out

Saw the news this morning and see the police found what's left of a local bracket racers camaro. It makes me sick to see this sorta of thing happen to anybody. Most of us know it takes years to get our race cars the the current stage there in. So here's the deal: Turbo Technology Inc is going to help Randy get back in the game. We're pitching in to help with a deep discount and I'm going to talk with every racer and sponser I know to get Randy back on the track soon as possible. If you feel the need to join us I can be reached at george@turbotechnologyinc.com. Thank's everyone

If you don't have parts but still want to help, please contact us for further information.

Last edited by GEARHED; 08-13-2007 at 12:22 PM.
Old 08-11-2007, 12:19 PM
TECH Fanatic

Very nice gesture! I'll see what I can do.
Old 08-11-2007, 01:50 PM
TECH Veteran

http://www.kirotv.com/news/13780710/detail.html

Link to his car when it was stolen.
Old 08-11-2007, 04:09 PM
teh PuRpL3z

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Let us know what we can do, I'll help out if I can. I hate to see something like this happen to a fellow racer.

Let's get this guy back on the track!
Old 08-11-2007, 10:10 PM
10 Second Club

I have a set of slightly used 4.10 gears for a 9" I'll gladly donate if you go that route George. I made just enough passes on them to figure out they are too deep for my blower.

Mark
Old 08-11-2007, 11:09 PM
10 Second Club

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Shoot me a list of things you might be looking for Goerge. We do not have much extra but if we have some thing you need it is yours
Old 08-12-2007, 12:18 AM
TECH Addict

Not to sound like a dick, but how much of a payoff did he get from the insurance and why can't someone help me when I need extra cash to install some brakes on my car?
Old 08-12-2007, 12:47 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by howierd42
Not to sound like a dick, but how much of a payoff did he get from the insurance...
Was it even insured? If it was a track-only car it may not have been. This is the primary reason I want my car insured for "as-is" replacement. I'd hate to have to pay for the same mods twice.
Old 08-12-2007, 10:12 AM
FormerVendor

Not to sound like a dick, but how much of a payoff did he get from the insurance and why can't someone help me when I need extra cash to install some brakes on my car?
It was a race car. From watching the news there was no insurance to cover it. The truck and trailer had insurance and they were recovered without much damage.
Old 08-12-2007, 10:24 AM
TECH Fanatic

First of all, that does make you sound like a Dick.

Your car wasn't stolen, for one thing...I don't think the guy was necessarily looking for a handout...he had a crappy thing happen to him and generous people are willing to help him out.

A lot of us need work done to our cars and maybe if you were to ask nicely people might be willing to stand up and help you out with your brakes. I see it happening around here all the time. But with an attitude like that, you would be the last one I would help out.
Old 08-12-2007, 10:47 AM
TECH Addict

This is exactly the direction I was not trying to go.

I understand his car was stolen. That sucks beyond description. But I would be willing to bet the insurance company (if it was insured) would have covered all of the stuff that people are offering to do for free. Since it sounds like it was not insured, then yes, it sucks all the more and God bless everyone who is able (financially and knowledgeably) to help the poor guy out.

As for my brakes (not trying to hijack a post here) I am the worlds most patient man. I have been waiting since February for a Speed Secrets brake job. However, I also know that emergencies happen and cash talks. I am just personally frustrated *AT MYSELF* for not being able to financially compensate my mechanic (your husband) properly for a brake job.

I apologize if it comes across as sounding like a jerk while reading my posts. That was not my intent.
Old 08-12-2007, 11:11 AM
10 Second Club

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Howard I have re-read my post several times and see no where that I offered time???

Time is some thing I DO NOT have extra of. Why do you think MY car is sitting there torn apart with the Cage rusting away..litraly?

Race cars are nearly impossible to insure by definition. If we have extra parts they need I would be happy to give some of them up for the cause. We have done the same thing many times before it is nothing new.
Old 08-12-2007, 11:19 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by TwoFast4Lv
Howard I have re-read my post several times and see no where that I offered time???

Time is some thing I DO NOT have extra of. Why do you think MY car is sitting there torn apart with the Cage rusting away...literally?

Race cars are nearly impossible to insure by definition. If we have extra parts they need I would be happy to give some of them up for the cause. We have done the same thing many times before it is nothing new.
Right on.

And, not being able to race mine, I did not know that you can not insure a race car.

And again, I am mostly just frustrated at myself for not having as much extra cash to throw your way at the moment as I had hoped. The Harley is taking more out of my budget then I originally planned (the first service almost put me in hock).
Old 08-12-2007, 03:37 PM
Teching In

And, not being able to race mine, I did not know that you can not insure a race car.
You can insure a street legal race car, such as those driven by most of the folks on this list. You can't insure a non-street legal car on a standard auto-insurance policy. I'm guessing you could probably list one on your home-owners insurance as property, but then again, maybe not. It's sort of the same thing as antique cars. The only way to insure them is to go with a specialty company, which probably has high rates and a high deductible. It would be hard to figure out how much to insure them for. Each one is unique and doesn't necessarily have something to compare it to for valuation purposes. You could total up the cost of the parts, but that doesn't really give you a proper value either.

I have images now of John Force trying to insure his fleet of cars. That could be wildly entertaining.
Old 08-13-2007, 06:02 AM
On The Tree

George,
Send me a parts list if I have it, you will have it.

Arron Spitzer
Randy's Ring & Pinion
Legend's Racing LLC

Quick Reply: Randy Winkler's Camaro - Stolen Camaro found parted out