Northwest Members WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, SD, ND

Damn, HP Tuners kicks ass..

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2007, 07:54 PM
teh PuRpL3z

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Tails
You suck. Did you order under Zeke or Dr. Evyl? You must have intimidated them. They told me they ship in 5-7 business days and they cannot expedite.
Its now been 4 business days since my order.....I am going quite insane.

Neither. I ordered it under my legal name. It took about 48 hours to ship, and 5 days to arrive. Maybe it's because I have a '98, I dunno... But I had it here in about a week.
Old 08-15-2007, 09:08 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DrEvyl
3.42 gears, and your old stall (SS3200)... My shift points are kinda screwy right now, and it almost feels like I'm hitting fuel cutoff a little bit before the 2-3 shift hits.
What that is telling you is it's actually shifting at a higher rpm than you set. So raise the rev limiter (fuel cutoff) 200 rpm or lower the shfit point (or a combo) & that should go away. As Rokko said, some cars need to have the mph tables dead on too. But according to the rules it's supposed to be the rpm table that controls it. Normally the mph controls the non-WOT shift points. But maybe you have one of those cars....

Last edited by WAHUSKER; 08-15-2007 at 09:15 PM.
Old 08-15-2007, 10:10 PM
teh PuRpL3z

I'm waiting for the next trip to the track so I can log my runs all night... that little MPVI box is freakin cool, I love that thing, and it's a lot better than having the laptop inside my car. It will be nice to finally determine for sure what makes my car run .2 slower all of the sudden.
Old 08-15-2007, 10:24 PM
Tech Addict

I need to get one of those updated interfaces. Those are bitchin! I think it's 200 bucks for the upgrade for me. Just gotta pull the trigger.
Old 08-15-2007, 10:27 PM
teh PuRpL3z

Originally Posted by Rokko
I need to get one of those updated interfaces. Those are bitchin! I think it's 200 bucks for the upgrade for me. Just gotta pull the trigger.
If you have the standard one it's $289 + shipping.

I figured it was $150 more to get it now, I'll crash the bucks for it.. and I'm glad I did. Took me a little while to figure out how to get it to log, but now that it's set up for it, it's easy as hell and it stores like an hour and a half of logged data.
Old 08-15-2007, 10:36 PM
Tech Addict

Good call on that.

It says serial interface upgrade to mpvi pro is 199.00
Old 08-16-2007, 01:19 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm waiting for the next trip to the track so I can log my runs all night... that little MPVI box is freakin cool, I love that thing, and it's a lot better than having the laptop inside my car. It will be nice to finally determine for sure what makes my car run .2 slower all of the sudden.
I wish when I got my tuner for my GTP that they had this option available, at the time they didn't. Would have swayed me from what I got to that. Now I am kicking myself for getting what I did get because it seems like updates are lacking and they have fewer tables to tune than the HPT.

Only thing holding me back from ordering mine is... the wife seeing the big chunk of change disappear!
Old 08-16-2007, 01:41 PM
teh PuRpL3z

Originally Posted by Rawr256
I wish when I got my tuner for my GTP that they had this option available, at the time they didn't. Would have swayed me from what I got to that. Now I am kicking myself for getting what I did get because it seems like updates are lacking and they have fewer tables to tune than the HPT.

Only thing holding me back from ordering mine is... the wife seeing the big chunk of change disappear!
Yeah, I've been using LS1Edit for years, and it's a real pile of **** compared to HPTuners, not to mention that you have to pay for updates and to unlock an entire model year costs $999. HPTuners had a competitive upgrade ($250) a while back, and like an idiot I passed on it. Wish I hadn't. This is 10 times better than LS1Edit.

I sat down and figured out that it would have cost me more twice the price of HPTuners to just get the same editing abilities (entire '98 model year, and my '04 GTO).. and there'd still be NO LOGGING!

It was a no brainer.

Last edited by DrEvyl; 08-16-2007 at 01:50 PM.
Old 08-16-2007, 04:50 PM
Launching!

Got an email from them that says it should ship within 3 to 5 days....
Old 08-16-2007, 05:18 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by firehawk618
Got an email from them that says it should ship within 3 to 5 days....
I just got one also. They must have just processed their Friday emails.

Old 08-16-2007, 07:36 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I like having the laptop hooked up, then I can view/diagnos log after each run. This is really nice when setting the tune up, after that, then just the log factor is great. On your fuel cutoff, just log injector duty cycle, you'll see it drop off imediately if ya hit the limiter. I have been playing with my tune for days on end, fine tuning things, it's a blast for sure. Trying to log nitrous runs anywhere besides the track is not fun.
Robert
Old 08-17-2007, 01:00 PM
On The Tree

Got my shipping notice today. I have downloaded VCM from the web now and can look at the tables. I am about to pee my pants waiting for the thing to get here.

Old 08-17-2007, 01:51 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Tails
Got my shipping notice today. I have downloaded VCM from the web now and can look at the tables. I am about to pee my pants waiting for the thing to get here.

I downloaded and have been playing too. No shipping notice yet
Old 08-17-2007, 02:13 PM
On The Tree

I bought HPtuners last fall when my car was having issues shifting after the swap. I haven't had much time to fart around with it, but hopefully I will soon. definitely quality product! I just need time to learn how to use it better...
Old 08-17-2007, 02:52 PM
teh PuRpL3z

Originally Posted by Robert56
I like having the laptop hooked up, then I can view/diagnos log after each run. This is really nice when setting the tune up, after that, then just the log factor is great. On your fuel cutoff, just log injector duty cycle, you'll see it drop off imediately if ya hit the limiter. I have been playing with my tune for days on end, fine tuning things, it's a blast for sure. Trying to log nitrous runs anywhere besides the track is not fun.
Robert
Yeah, but I can do that too. All I gotta do is bring a laptop with me, or use someone else's that has one, and I can download the logs from the MPVI in a few seconds and be looking at them... then I don't have to have the laptop in the car with me. If I was gonna have a wipeout at the track, I'd much rather have that little MPVI box flying around in the car than my brick of a laptop.
Old 08-17-2007, 02:55 PM
On The Tree

I gotta see if I can do that too.... datalogging w/o the laptop would be nice.
Old 08-17-2007, 03:20 PM
10 Second Club

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by AndreS
I need to look into that more. We tryied to do it for kicks on the Avi-Lade but no luck
Old 08-17-2007, 05:35 PM
teh PuRpL3z

Originally Posted by AndreS
You need to have the VCM pro interface... if you have an older interface, you might just need to upgrade it. I have the pro interface, it's an add on to the existing... it rocks, I love it.

Like Rick was saying, it's $199 to update to it for the older users... and $289 + shipping to update it if you just bought the Standard kit.

Last edited by DrEvyl; 08-17-2007 at 05:42 PM.
Old 08-20-2007, 12:24 AM
Launching!

Hooray my cable will be here Wednesday
Old 08-20-2007, 01:40 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by firehawk618
Hooray my cable will be here Wednesday
Me too. My UPS guy usually comes between 4:30 and 5:00. About one nano second after that I should have my goat licensed.

Quick Reply: Damn, HP Tuners kicks ass..