Northwest Members WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, SD, ND

Death in the family

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2007, 01:49 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow Mark... that's so shocking!

At least you weren't hurt though... after all, everything else in the car can be rebuilt except the driver! I know you'll find a new car and make a better and badder car to race... if you need a hand with anything, let me know I'd be glad to come up there and help.
Old 08-18-2007, 04:57 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

When I heard this news it made me sick. I still cannot believe this happened but am SO glad you walked away OK.

That red WS6 was just drop dead gorgeous and a real muscle car.

I'm always a PM or phone call away to swing by and lend some time to help piece the beast back together.
Old 08-18-2007, 06:47 PM
hashtagBMW

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sorry to hear Mark

That car was mint!....

But its far better that you are ok rather then hurt, cars are replacable.

Good Luck Buddy.

Tony.
Old 08-18-2007, 06:58 PM
11 Second Club

Well Mark, I am so sorry that this happened to your car. You and that car go together like Mikes and a Cigar. I really hope you can find another that will make you as happy. When I met up with you guys, I really did not care for the style of the T/A's, But whatching how you transformed that car made me a believer. We must have a Wake for your beautiful WS6. May I suggest a trip to HOOTERS.
Old 08-18-2007, 08:45 PM
TECH Apprentice

Hey sorry to hear about your car, now I know why you came and looked at mine. I hope every thing works out and you get back out there. At least I know that if you get my car it will be taken care of and from the list of mods to your old car it will be one fast A$$ TA!!!
Old 08-18-2007, 09:01 PM
11 Second Club

Gosh, I'm speechless..... Alot of blood, sweat and tears were put into your car!

Sorry for your loss Mark!

Glad your ok brother!
Old 08-18-2007, 09:41 PM
On The Tree

Sucks so much to hear, especially since I had the pleasure of seeing your beautiful car down at Everett marina. Good luck with the next one!
Old 08-18-2007, 10:51 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by 99LSS1
Well Mark, I am so sorry that this happened to your car. You and that car go together like Mikes and a Cigar. I really hope you can find another that will make you as happy. When I met up with you guys, I really did not care for the style of the T/A's, But whatching how you transformed that car made me a believer. We must have a Wake for your beautiful WS6. May I suggest a trip to HOOTERS.
That's an awesome idea... May I suggest maybe Sunday afternoon, Sept. 2nd? It's in the middle of Labor Day weekend, weather should be nice... seems like a good day to pay our respects to the T/A, as well as to T&A.
Old 08-18-2007, 11:31 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Z ANGEL
Very, Very Sad to see. As I said before Mark, Ellis and I are really sorry and will help you out anyway that we can.

A hard top would not have made a difference in this situation Don. The T-tops held up great...They didn't even break surprisingly..and structurally, the t-tops and hard tops are the same.
Not my point, I was thinking of the next one.

I'm not sure I'd agree on the structure point though. I've watched that thing twist on launch.
Old 08-19-2007, 01:19 AM
TECH Addict

Mark I understand your dissapointment over the loss of your cherished car, I'll miss it too Lot's of memories surrounding that car. But I'm reminded that there are only 2 kinds of crash victims. Those that bitch about their wrecked car and possibly their injuries ... and those that never get to complain about anything ever again. Sure is nice to hear you complain about your car

oh yeah, I'm drunkr'n ****.
Old 08-19-2007, 01:23 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Racehead
Mark I understand your dissapointment over the loss of your cherished car, I'll miss it too Lot's of memories surrounding that car. But I'm reminded that there are only 2 kinds of crash victims. Those that bitch about their wrecked car and possibly their injuries ... and those that never get to complain about anything ever again. Sure is nice to hear you complain about your car

oh yeah, I'm drunkr'n ****.
Hey you "drunkr'n ****" *******! How the hell are you?
Old 08-19-2007, 01:39 AM
10 Second Club

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by NWDragRacer
Not my point, I was thinking of the next one.

I'm not sure I'd agree on the structure point though. I've watched that thing twist on launch.

On the structure parts. The ONLY differance between my Hard top car and a T-top car is I have two small strips of sheet metal holding my weather strip in and a solid Plastic top It IS lighter but no other advantage over a T-top car.

Het bill good to see you here!
Old 08-19-2007, 04:01 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by TwoFast4Lv
On the structure parts. The ONLY differance between my Hard top car and a T-top car is I have two small strips of sheet metal holding my weather strip in and a solid Plastic top It IS lighter but no other advantage over a T-top car.

Het bill good to see you here!

I still need to be convinced
Old 08-19-2007, 10:25 AM
TECH Fanatic

Damn Mark! I was just coming in here to post a new thread saying I am now car-less. Sold the Iroc (took one day) and just consigned the Z yesterday at the same place. Now I see this. I am glad your okay (physically). As for a replacement, if your interested in the Z give me a call. I am off loading everything before the move (looking at a lake front house!!!) and will get another one (maybe a C6Z or Viper) later. Afterall, they are only cars no matter how attached we may get. Change is a good thing sometimes. Take care.
Old 08-19-2007, 02:24 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Wow, a true bummer. Having almost lost mine a couple months ago I know how it feels.
At least the powertrain survived it sounds like so there is some good salvage. Believe me I know there is a lot more that goes into a car than just an engine. You'll build something again and your halfway there with your drive-train, unless you go for a Vette. Then you still have the engine and can part out the other stuff.

Our cars suck in the rain once you up the power level and you had one of the more powerful ones around. It's a damn shame the pacnw summer rain took another victim. Roads get slick here for some reason, more so than elsewhere I think.
Old 08-19-2007, 02:31 PM
teh PuRpL3z

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by NWDragRacer
I still need to be convinced
There's two bars that connect the B-pillar to the A-pillar on a hard top car. They are just tack welded in, there's two small welds on either end. The roof piece itself is plastic.

So it does offer a slight improvement in rigidity, but the benefit is more in weight than in structural integrity. A set of SFC's does more to improve the rigidity of the car...
Old 08-19-2007, 03:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

Sorry to hear it Mark. Not much more I can say that hasne't been said.
I hope you find something to make it better soon.
Old 08-19-2007, 06:51 PM
TECH Addict

That blows, Mark!

I have been away from a computer since Friday morning and just saw this. I am very happy that you are ok, though. If the dammage was as bad as you say, you are either very lucky or very blessed to still be walking and talking.

Are you going to be owing the first 5th gen Camaro in the Pacific NW now?
Old 08-19-2007, 07:33 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by howierd42
Are you going to be owing the first 5th gen Camaro in the Pacific NW now?
Only if he waits 12+ months for it.
Old 08-19-2007, 11:06 PM

Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts

Mark, I'm so sorry to hear this. Good news is that you're safe.