Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2007, 10:21 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

WOW!!!!.......
Old 11-28-2007, 10:22 PM
10 Second Club

I can certainly mount the DRs back up for a grudge race Robert. I'm going to dyno with them for sure. Like you said, our cars should be pretty close once you get all your stuff tuned in. Aaron, Ryan & Ellis will be in another class.

Mine should be a tad faster, a lot safer, and hopefully prettier. I figure I'll stay in the 10s unless Aaron & Ellis get their way & someone buys my D. I don't see that happening tho. I hope not anyway....I really DON'T want to put a cage in the car. But you know, a guy can only take so much.
Old 11-28-2007, 10:24 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Robert56
My contention is, lets see those that claim to be master drivers take a torque monster down the 1/4 on street tires. I would be willing to let you guys run my car and try to beat my times, as long as, you break it, you fix it.

Robert
See the funny thing is, when you start making some real power, and/or doing some real 60 foot times that is all you would be doing. Breaking and Fixing.

I think a Bad *** 5/6 Speed car is awesome and lots of fun. For a Street Car. But some cars are built to be reliable, consistent, AND fast n' fun. At the Dragstrip. Yours is not. Nothing wrong with that.

This isn't meant to be a slap at you Robert as we've never met, but 10.8x in a lightweight LS1 car just isn't anything I'd be making a big deal. My old Simple Single Nozzle 175hp system LT1 Camaro Piggie went Mid 11s With no engine or transmission mods at all..... What could we have done with even just a friggin torque converter in the thing........
Old 11-28-2007, 10:26 PM
10 Second Club

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I will admit due to my being SO afraid of you at the dyno I came up with an excuse tonot show up with my car. . .which if I remeber right you were not going to show until you heard I could not make it.

THEN you only manage to out dyno my poor old tech LT1(Running a SINGLE WET starge) by what? 10rwhp? I figured with 20+ more Cubes a M6(Stick cars dyno about 5% better)and two more stages of N2O then me your magic LS? engine would blow my old numbers away. But instead you barely manage to edge me out.

Kind of like the last time we were both at the track. Your barely out ran my 11/4 with two stages

You are right you are the man! Those ***** of lead are taking you down!

As soon as I can get the car back up and running I will see if Arron can run me down to see george for some tuning and a pull or two

Untill then I will concede you edged me out on the dyno because I could not show and you will have to concede to not having what it takes to pull up a lane next to me and give it a go.

BTW Consistant? how about 8 N2O passes within .05 over a two day period
Old 11-28-2007, 10:33 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by KTamez
See the funny thing is, when you start making some real power, and/or doing some real 60 foot times that is all you would be doing. Breaking and Fixing.

I think a Bad *** 5/6 Speed car is awesome and lots of fun. For a Street Car. But some cars are built to be reliable, consistent, AND fast n' fun. At the Dragstrip. Yours is not. Nothing wrong with that.

This isn't meant to be a slap at you Robert as we've never met, but 10.8x in a lightweight LS1 car just isn't anything I'd be making a big deal. My old Simple Single Nozzle 175hp system LT1 Camaro Piggie went Mid 11s With no engine or transmission mods at all..... What could we have done with even just a friggin torque converter in the thing........
I agree totally, and that's kinda been my point. 10.8 in an absolutley bonestock longblock, not even headers; tranny, running gear, other than clutch wasn't touched, oh and 18inch drag radials and 200 dry. Well the placement in comparable cars puts that at the top, so, it is what it is (and by the way, it's dropped down a couple spots on the stock Z06 list). Light weight, ****, i bet it's over 3500lbs these days.
Robert
Old 11-28-2007, 10:42 PM
TECH Regular

3500lbs is relatively light And an LS6 is still an LS6. I don't keep up with who's running what with what combination, and who has the fastest LS2 with only a cam, dyno tuned on a Thursday, with 1/2" Lugnuts, raced on a full moon but not after 11:00, with 16 psi in Nitto Drag Radials.....

Everyone is the fastest at something. :p
Old 11-28-2007, 10:47 PM
On The Tree

That's what I thought, nothing happening on your block.
Robert
Roberto,
1) I never said I was going to bring my car to the dyno
2)You want to offer up your car for someone else to drive and beat your times I will take you up on it.
3) I am sure you have the fastest red corvette on your block with a triple stage dry shot.
4) The only thing that makes me laugh more then this thread is the fact that you talk big numbers until called on it and now it is a list of excuses
a) Ellis car is a race car
b) Your car is heavy
c) its a manual car
d) it has three stages of nitrous
e) you won't have a chance to wax it
d) dyno numbers look good in the window at the car show

Truely I have a lot of fun reading this as some people take things to seriously. I could care less if I ever raced you or your car becuase I would rather race on sundays for money and trophies (in that order).

Just remember to have fun guys, its just the internet.
Old 11-28-2007, 10:49 PM
T is for Towing not Turbo

Originally Posted by PONYEATER
Truely I have a lot of fun reading this as some people take things to seriously.
Haha, I've been trying to get out to the garage to play for about an hour now, but the post keep coming up so fast I'm having fun reading all this here, lol!
Old 11-28-2007, 10:49 PM
TECH Senior Member

3500lbs is relatively light And an LS6 is still an LS6. I don't keep up with who's running what with what combination, and who has the fastest LS2 with only a cam, dyno tuned on a Thursday, with 1/2" Lugnuts, raced on a full moon but not after 11:00, with 16 psi in Nitto Drag Radials.....

Everyone is the fastest at something. :p
The category is open to the entire country, and it is/was "Stock LongBlock LS6 with any Power Adder". The Official list is at vette forum if ya care. Most come up with the same, who cares fastest on the this day this color car, why who knows. Some of the best drivers in the country via for a spot on these lists. I guess being proud of an accomplishment is old fashion?
Robert
Old 11-28-2007, 10:55 PM
TECH Regular

Lets get one thing straight first. DO NOT give me "Best Driver's in the country" crap. You can't tell me "The Best Driver's in the Country Give a **** about how their Stock Longblock, Cam only built on a Tuesday car ran against everyone elses.....

Best Drivers in the Country ain't racing Street Toys.......
Old 11-28-2007, 10:56 PM
TECH Regular

Being proud isn't old Fashioned, ya just need to accomplish something first.
Old 11-28-2007, 10:57 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by PONYEATER
Roberto,
1) I never said I was going to bring my car to the dyno
2)You want to offer up your car for someone else to drive and beat your times I will take you up on it.
3) I am sure you have the fastest red corvette on your block with a triple stage dry shot.
4) The only thing that makes me laugh more then this thread is the fact that you talk big numbers until called on it and now it is a list of excuses
a) Ellis car is a race car
b) Your car is heavy
c) its a manual car
d) it has three stages of nitrous
e) you won't have a chance to wax it
d) dyno numbers look good in the window at the car show

Truely I have a lot of fun reading this as some people take things to seriously. I could care less if I ever raced you or your car becuase I would rather race on sundays for money and trophies (in that order).

Just remember to have fun guys, its just the internet.
Really, hehe, good luck, you'll need it. But remember, if ya tear something up ya got to fix it, ok. However, an experianced guy would never miss a shift, and tear a tranny up, correct amundo?

I know we're just mostly for the most part messing around. But drawing someone out like yourself, takes some serious smack.
Robert
Old 11-28-2007, 10:58 PM
TECH Regular

For those wondering about my sudden activity, its winter time, and I have to stay the night in a hotel for work on some days during the Silly Season.

.....back to busting some chops.
Old 11-28-2007, 11:00 PM
TECH Regular

How about a battle of LS1Tech N20 Tech Moderator vs. CamaroZ28.com N20 Tech Moderator.

I'm only going to use ONE stage with a 15 year old 4150 Carburator NOS Plate? You Game.
Old 11-28-2007, 11:03 PM
TECH Senior Member

Lets get one thing straight first. DO NOT give me "Best Driver's in the country" crap. You can't tell me "The Best Driver's in the Country Give a **** about how their Stock Longblock, Cam only built on a Tuesday car ran against everyone elses.....

Being proud isn't old Fashioned, ya just need to accomplish something first.
Well, bucko, your on the wrong board then. if ya want to hang with the professional drag racers this certainly isn't the site. Best drivers race what they have, or can afford, Sure i would love to have a bigtime big dollar car like yours, but it just isn't in the cards. Like you've accomplished something, or maybe you have, but just to shy to share or be proud?
Robert
Old 11-28-2007, 11:04 PM
TECH Senior Member

How about a battle of LS1Tech N20 Tech Moderator vs. CamaroZ28.com N20 Tech Moderator.

I'm only going to use ONE stage with a 15 year old 4150 Carburator NOS Plate? You Game.
Did i talk to you in the wet vs dry thread over there? maybe a different user name? Now everyone wants some, but it's only fast on the second tuesdays of past years.
Robert
Old 11-28-2007, 11:11 PM
10 Second Club

AMEN BROTHER!!!!

My money is onb my Yakima Homie
Old 11-28-2007, 11:11 PM
TECH Regular

Wally is on my Mantle, is he on yours? In consecutive rounds beat a Multi Time, Multi Class NHRA Divisional Champion, and NHRA NATIONAL Super Gas Champion.

Done tooting the horn......

A guy that can afford a Z06 Corvette, can probably afford an actual purpose built racecar, and actually go race somewhere someway competitively. If thy are THAT good, they wouldn't need much money because they'd be getting paid to do it. You don't have to have a 150k Turnkey car.

I understand not everyone is interested in doing any of that. Thats cool. I slowed my program down by 2.5 seconds. Simply due to lack of interest vs. dollars spent.

Until I see Jeg Coughlin, Peter Biondo, Dan Fletcher or hell even locally Brad Plourd, Jody Lang or any number of other people, on a Corvette Forums List, I will not be convinced.
Old 11-28-2007, 11:13 PM
10 Second Club

Did i talk to you in the wet vs dry thread over there? maybe a different user name? Now everyone wants some, but it's only fast on the second tuesdays of past years.
Robert
DAMN! to bad Kurtis only runs low 7s
Old 11-28-2007, 11:17 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by TwoFast4Lv
DAMN! to bad Kurtis only runs low 7s
Oops

http://dragracecentral.com/DRCStory.asp?ID=138123

Quick Reply: TTI Dyno Day