Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bo Knows !!!!

Husker Nation is in good hands..

Bo Knows Defense.....

Children of the Corn Rise Again !!!!!
Old 12-02-2007, 06:12 PM
10 Second Club

YES! I'm still waiting for the other shoe to drop. My bros in Omaha said the locl TV station said Gill is supposed to return in some coaching position too. That would give the Big Red's offense what it's been lacking!!! Order SHALL BE restored....
Old 12-02-2007, 06:50 PM
TECH Enthusiast

i hadnt heard Gill was coming back , that would be awesome... i believe in Gill big time, but we def need defensive help. I watched the press conf on the web , he said all the right things about the alum and past players.. Family !!!!

Go Big Red
Old 12-02-2007, 07:05 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by WAHUSKER
YES! I'm still waiting for the other shoe to drop. My bros in Omaha said the locl TV station said Gill is supposed to return in some coaching position too. That would give the Big Red's offense what it's been lacking!!! Order SHALL BE restored....
I really hope so. I am tired of seeing these crappy season's, with no hope in the futur for another Dynasty....
Old 12-02-2007, 08:09 PM
TECH Regular

Sorry to tell ya that a Dynasty at any program that doesn't have Sunshine and Bikinis is a pipe dream this day and age. Most 18-19yo kid aren't interested in freezing their *** off in Michigan, Washington, Nebraska, etc if he has the opportunity to be at a major program in Cali, Arizona, Texas, Louisiana, Florida etc....

You can have any coach ya want. You're better off with someone that can recruit.

I have a cousin went to U of Nebraska Omaha on a football ride. He hated it as it was colder then ****. Course it didn't help he was from Arizona LOL.
Old 12-02-2007, 09:08 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by KTamez
Sorry to tell ya that a Dynasty at any program that doesn't have Sunshine and Bikinis is a pipe dream this day and age. Most 18-19yo kid aren't interested in freezing their *** off in Michigan, Washington, Nebraska, etc if he has the opportunity to be at a major program in Cali, Arizona, Texas, Louisiana, Florida etc....

You can have any coach ya want. You're better off with someone that can recruit.

I have a cousin went to U of Nebraska Omaha on a football ride. He hated it as it was colder then ****. Course it didn't help he was from Arizona LOL.
oh its people like you that i will look up and say i told you so.. when we won in 97-98 i believe florida had beaches and bikinis...

and if your statement is true why is the U of Miami not winning ???? Florida State ????

its coaching not location that matters.. have you been to Baton Rouge lately

Arizona has never had a major college football progam, and last i checked a college from the state Ohio has gone to the campionship the last two years, is that near water ????

oh and we had our recruiter experiment he couldnt coach

Last edited by smoke20; 12-02-2007 at 09:13 PM. Reason: more jabbing
Old 12-02-2007, 10:34 PM
11 Second Club

Can never go wrong with cornfed white boys..... I am personally from Az, And if I had to choose were to go to school, I would jump all over going to Nebraska. All of my family has came from there. My father had gotten a full ride scholarship for baseball with Nebraska, Then was Drafted into the Army. lol.
Old 12-02-2007, 11:26 PM
teh PuRpL3z

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

God I hope so... I don't wanna ever seen the Huskers getting blown out by freakin Kansas again.
Old 12-02-2007, 11:35 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by DrEvyl
God I hope so... I don't wanna ever seen the Huskers getting blown out by freakin Kansas again.

Or Missouri, and Oklahoma St., and Texas A&M, and Colorado......
Old 12-03-2007, 08:30 AM
10 Second Club

You make a good point Kurtis. And I think that's why Bo got the nod over Turner Gill, he has star power when it comes to recruiting. All the young studs have heard about LSU's recent success. (#3 def in the country 3 yrs in a row)

As for girls in bikins & mai tais on the beach, well, Nebraska had some of them boys once. Most of them ended up in jail for beating their girlfriends. Any kid who is really concerned about making football into a career will be atrracted by the Osborne/Pelini/Gill combo. They are more concered with building fine young men & winning a few games than getting players laid at a frat party & driving a Vette.

I also understand one of the monster linebackers from the 95 team that is now an ESPN reporter attended all of the press conferences, and was at Osbornes side without any microphone. (Trev Alberts) LB coach? And I heard Bo said "he owed everything he has to Frank Solich..." so maybe he will come back as the RB coach. Seems Dr Tom sent out the call for help and MANY of the alums have answered. I'm pumped!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GO BIG RED!
Old 12-03-2007, 10:05 AM
teh PuRpL3z

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I'd definitely have to disagree... Any 18-19 year old who is serious about playing football professionally is gonna consider Nebraska... I mean, we're talking about a team that has 46 conference championships in it's history, and has won 5 national championships in the last 40 years. Hell, their record under Tom Osbourne's tenure was 255 wins, 49 losses, and 3 ties, and they've been a top 20 team for as long as I can remember.. until just recently.. and that **** has got to change.

Nebraska ain't got a whole lot... but one thing they do have is a badass football team, and I don't think anyone is ever gonna let that fall apart.

Besides... when those kids hit the NFL... you think they're gonna get bikinis and beach time when they're playing Buffalo in December?
Old 12-03-2007, 10:23 AM
11 Second Club

Yeah I remember when Eric Crouch got the Heisman Trophy, He went to the NFL... And never heard form agian. lol. Its sad though, he was a good ball player.. I liked to watch him play.
Old 12-03-2007, 10:41 AM
10 Second Club

I think the team Eric went to tried him as a D-back, but he didn't like it & quit....I think.

Just got this pic from Nebraska....TOO funny.
Attached Thumbnails Bo Knows !!!!-plumbing.jpg  
Old 12-03-2007, 10:42 AM
TECH Fanatic

you hit it right on the head. why do you think the SEC, BIG 12 south, Pac 10 south, ect have been so dominate in recent history? its easy to get recruits when you have successful programs and nice weather on your side.
Old 12-03-2007, 11:15 AM
11 Second Club

I think the team Eric went to tried him as a D-back, but he didn't like it & quit....I think.

Just got this pic from Nebraska....TOO funny.
Ha ha, yeah thats pretty good, Eric went to the Rams I beleive. And they put in as a Running Back. And only spent Spring Training with them, and decided that was not what he wanted. I think thats how it went. I bet if we look him up it will tell all....
Old 12-03-2007, 02:51 PM
TECH Regular

Miami has some problems in that PARENTS are no longer letting their kids go there because of the thugs that have gone through that program. When African American parents are telling their kids No, that tells you how bad the atmosphere is at Miami.

And Florida State? How receptive do you think most 18yr kids would be if my Great Great Grandfather went to their house to recruit them?

Guys this is all General Stuff. I am not really singling Nebraska out. I have no loyalty to any particular program. But College sports has the most amazing fanbase(s). People rant and rave about their program, but ya just have to realize when your program is no longer relevant the way it used to be. I think Nebraska CAN be much better. But it will NEVER be like it once was.

crazylane, my cousin has a full football ride to Nebraska (Omaha). He is from Arizona. Problem? He HATED going there. Weather and all. If it had been THE Nebraska, sure he would've taken it too, because it was the best offer on the table. But if he had to choose between LSU or Nebraska, what do you think he would choose?Its different for a kid that grows up in the middle of the Fanbase. His entire life he's always wanted and been pushed to play for the Widgits (or whoever).

Just try not to be so biased guys, and inject some reality into the situation.

Zeke, as far Kids wanting to go to Nebraska for NFL possibilties? Not with an UnProven Coach. Sorry. Recruiting is about getting the best or whatever is left. Heres the last 10 years of First Round Picks.

Miami-27
OSU-18
Florida-11
Texas-10
USC-9
LSU-9
Michigan-8
Notre Dame-4
Nebraska-4

Its pretty obvious who's getting the best, and who's getting the leftovers.....

As far as Ohio State/Michigan. I absolutely say both of them do a phenomenal job. Here's the sticking point. My WIFE knows about the OSU/Mich. Rivalry. I have no idea who Nebraska's biggest rival is (Alabama?).

As I said in my first post "in this Day and Age" expecting a Dynasty out of Nebraska is just not fair. Someone mentioned 4x years worth of history. Most (not all mind you!) of todays kids don't care what happened before their parents were born.

As far as the coach vs. recruiter thing. You gotta have the Horses. Theres a sayings a Sports guy says that I really like and I think is appropriate here.

"Its not about the X's and O's, its about the Jimmies and the Joes.
Old 12-03-2007, 02:56 PM
TECH Regular

One final post. I hope for all you Huskers fans sakes that it all works the way you hope.

Write this down: KTamez1320@hotmail.com

If Nebraska makes it to the BCS in 4 out of 6 years anytime in the next 15 years, Dinner and Drinks are on me for Mark, Zeke, crazylane, and smoke20.
Old 12-03-2007, 03:24 PM
11 Second Club

Lol. I know what you are saying KTamez,,, I mean I am loyal to Nebraska only cause family lives there, and my father went to school there. I personally have no affiliations to the team. But thats how I was raised.. Big red..

And from over the years that I have gone back to Nebraska, either Summer or Winter, Its not that bad, I mean back in the day my dad would tell me about how they use to get snowed in, and they were always fearfull for Tornado's, But in the past 10 years or so, they really have not had that bad of weather. No worse than Floridas/LSU's Hurricanes, or Californas Fire Storms, and Michigans Snow storms.... Really no matter were you decide to play, there are the goods and bads.

I seriously don't see Nebraska being a good contender for anything in the next 10 to 15 years, It takes time and well educated Coachs to build a ball club. When Osborn was coach, Yeah he had 4 or 5 great years, but look how long it even took him to get there. He knew it was time to be done with Nebraska, and he got out while he was still considered one of the top coach/teams.

And as far as most kids don't care what happened with football before there parents were born, I kinda think that is a little far fetched, Nebraska in the 90's was the team to beat...

I do agree with you on some points, just not on all of them.

I as well like Arizona, That is were I was raised, But if it came down to Nebraska, and my home turf, I think I would go with Nebraska.

Oh and as far as Rivalry for Nebraska, I would probibly have to say it would be Oklahoma or Kansas.
Old 12-03-2007, 06:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

HUCK THE FUSKERS

GO CATS
Old 12-03-2007, 06:52 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Ackattack1
HUCK THE FUSKERS

GO PUSSYCATS
More like that!!!

Last edited by crazylane; 12-03-2007 at 07:12 PM.

Quick Reply: Bo Knows !!!!