Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i wouldnt bother with krispy kreme on the weekend all it is kids and cops
Old 01-19-2008, 08:15 PM
Teching In

Cool

Originally Posted by Ws6man2000
i wouldnt bother with krispy kreme on the weekend all it is kids and cops
Found out the hard way, but still had a good time meeting up with a couple of guys in here anyway. Look foreward to meeting you all Sunday 1100 at Kelly's
Dan
Old 01-20-2008, 10:44 AM
TECH Fanatic

Will be heading out in a few mins to decide which of the 2 Camaros I will be running, Gas, battery charges you know will decide which one I iwll bring, then hitting the shower & leaving here about 10 so I iwll be there about 10:45 or so.

Looks like i am bringing the brats as well.
Old 01-20-2008, 12:04 PM
Teching In

Unhappy Damn Weather MAN!!!!

well the weatherman is the only person I know that gets paid to lie!!! Well looks like a few showers, but I am hopeing for it to dry up soon? I am still up for the meet, but I guess we will have to decide if we want to do any drive/photo type thing after lunch? We may have to wait for the rain to dry up so bring some towles...
See you all there
Dan
Old 01-20-2008, 04:27 PM
TECH Fanatic

lol With only 4 of us showing up it was still a great time.

it was great to meet those who I didnt know & it was nice to see you again Dan.
Old 02-10-2008, 12:52 AM
Teching In

Well fellas sorry it been a few days since I have posted, but there is a great swap meet going on at the Puyallup fair grounds. I got the chance to meet up with Vince from Trifecta Performance, and Danny from Clear Image. Too very nice guys with some great info and products. Danny has a great looking set-up with a new set of headers & Y-pipe. So if anyone is interested in meeting up I will be hanging out for a few on Sunday the 10th (Feb) between 10 and 12. Hope to see ya there, and I am still planing a BBQ once the weater will clear???
Peace
Dan

Last edited by BoomersWS6; 03-17-2008 at 01:10 AM.
Old 03-17-2008, 01:10 AM
Teching In

Cool Anyone still interested????

Well ladies and Gents, it's getting close to sunshine and T-top conditions? (what am I thinking I'm in WA) Anyway I am still planning on keeping my word and am offering to put up the first case of beer, and grill some burgers. I also just visited the new resturant on Bridgport called CARRS (has the red chevy pick up in front) I was very impressed with the food, but it wasn't the cheapest burger joint I have been to. ( but well worth the $7 burger) Talked to one of the new owners and he said he thought it would be great to start having car clubs/meet there. If anyone else is still interested please let me know. Can't wait to get a little more sunshine around here, and a drive down to the track would be nice too.
Dan
Old 03-17-2008, 11:38 PM
9 Second Club

I am interested, actually you met me at the car show on base but you probably dont remember me, I was with LT1 dan, didnt have my car yet though. I'm sure TurboXL will too but hes going on a short tdy here shortly till june(he was the one who owned the green z28, traded it for a black 99 z). I work days mon-fri so im basically open for anything/time.
Old 03-18-2008, 08:56 PM
TECH Enthusiast

CARRS huh? did that place use to be Happy Days? I think I may know what your talking about-if not then I'm lost lol. Regardless, i'll find it an it sounds like a cool place to meet up, that and its really close to me- I opt for this saturday at noon for CARRS, weather permitting of course.
Old 03-19-2008, 12:46 AM
TECH Enthusiast

My service time ended years...err...decades ago, but one thing that has happened in the distant past and would be cool to have again would be an on-base rally. McChord works best because of the super-long runway and taxi ways, but I hear Ft.Lewis has some good tarmac as well.

Basically, you get the base Commander in on it and close the airstrip down for a day. Military members and invited friends get to come and run a variety of events. You can make a decent road course out of the various runways and taxiways. The Tarmac is big enough for a killer Auto-X course. And the BIG EVENT is a full 1 mile shootout! That's right, 5,280 feet of acceleration and an equal amount of space for deceleration. You can time for best top speed by the 1 mile mark, best time to the 1 mile mark and for the cars that reach 150+ within the allotted space you can do a quickest time 0-150-0 contest...acceleration and braking test all in one.

Anyhow...it's been a long time since I've seen a day like this and if any of you military guys have the right connections it would be great to see again.
Old 03-19-2008, 11:59 AM
9 Second Club

me and my friends have always talked about them shutting down the flightline for cars like they used to but they dont do it anymore because of liability reasons =/
Old 03-19-2008, 04:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by JCCamaro
me and my friends have always talked about them shutting down the flightline for cars like they used to but they dont do it anymore because of liability reasons =/
Yea my hsuband was going to talk to the guys when they have the Reserve picnic lol.

Our car club was asked to do all a couple of our cars to be catch cars for one of the bombers a few years ago when we did a car show on the flight line during the airshow, but we got told that we couldnt drive them so we said NO lol.

Quick Reply: Anyone WA. gearheads interested?