Northwest Members WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, SD, ND

Heads Up NW Racing series?

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2008, 03:39 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The Outlaw Class requires STOCK front suspension? Counts most of the fast cars here out.....
Old 02-15-2008, 03:43 PM
Pathological Modifier

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

FRONT SUSPENSION:
All cars must retain factory stock-type suspension. Bolt on aftermarket suspension components allowed, including coil-over conversions as long as the stock mounting locations are maintained.
Actually it allows aftermarket K-member and a-arms as long as they are bolt on items...
Old 02-15-2008, 03:55 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Ryan K
Actually it allows aftermarket K-member and a-arms as long as they are bolt on items...

The object with that rule is so that people don't modify the location of the engine.

Ryan is correct
Old 02-16-2008, 05:28 AM
On The Tree

looking at the times they run, why would a slower(10-13 second) car even bother showing up? hope to get lucky?

and what's up with the minimum weight? i'd have 300-500 lbs of ballast to add

Last edited by AndreS; 02-16-2008 at 05:48 AM.
Old 02-16-2008, 08:27 AM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Its an advanced class. They've got some really fast cars obviously. Some of our fastest cars might be able to hang but its not for the majority. Even with 600+ rwhp I'd still be a cheerleader. You either have a pro stock or you dont...lol

Thats cool, they're very fast. Thats why I'd like to see a format for the rest of us. We have 3 maybe 4 cars than can hang with thier slow class but how many peeps in this section altogether. Ellis' idea wasnt bad. Its not a true bracket race and gives you the chance to run against anyone.

Love to see a no power add class as suggested earlier
Old 02-16-2008, 11:17 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Rockin C Racing
Blanco - what you are talking about is index racing, not a true heads up but similar.

I've watched these guys and know a couple. These guys are based in Portland that is why they run PIR and Woodburn. They are trying to get participation up and if there is interest by enough people farther north they are more than willing to travel and maybe able to schedule an event that direction. I can vouch for a majority of these cars that they are street cars. One guy in Outlaw drives his mid 80's Camaro on the street and to the track and runs 8.6's and then drive home. You can make a 9" tire hook and yes you will need some suspension work to do it. And you can do the suspension stuff within their rules. I have a couple of friends in Idaho that run mid 8's in Boise on a 9" tire. Yes to be competitive in these classes you will need a power adder. They have the schedule and rules set for this year, but go to their website and partake in the discussion of changing both next year. I know their is already discussion started on changing the DR class so that it is kept as an entry level heads up. They are talking about limiting it to no power adders.
No power adders, and a couple classes based on displacement, and they might have something like the "FAST" classes back East: Factory Appearing, Stock Tires. All visible components must be factory stock.
Old 02-16-2008, 11:56 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by TwoFast4Lv
I think one of the best classes we don not see around here is called "Open Comp"

Rules usually go like this.

Some require a 30 Mile drive(all our cars do this anyways)
Then you get to the staging lanes and you are NOT allowed to even pop the hood. The only adjustments are setting rear tire pressure...down ONLY and topping off the fuel.

Now you make three back to back passes. N2O guys are allowed to swap bottles and you can top off fuel(meth) ONLY! Some do not even allow this

Next some take the average but most take the fastest pass. Your Dail in is .010 faster then your fastest pass for the rest of the event.

Run your dail or loose!

This is basicly what Pinks "All out" was modeled around.

It is bracket racing...to the extreme and some thing I would be interested in

Yeah something similar to NMCA true street. But even those guys are well into the bottom 8's. I think limiting turbo and blower size and giving the nitrous guys weight breaks would be fine, something like cheap street down at clash of the titans. Maybe an 80 or 88mm turbo and a F-2R limit and let the nitrous guys have a single stage with a jet limit. Just give the nitrous guys weight breaks and run stock suspension.
Old 02-16-2008, 05:43 PM
TECH Regular

As I stated previously, racing headsup is just too expensive. The fact of the matter is maintenance work and costs go up exponentially, and you will always need more motor because someone just got more then you....

This may not make sense to some of you, but the More Rules you have, more expensive your class can get, even though they may not be faster.... There are Stock Eliminator cars running in the 10s with $50k engines. But yet they are in an entry level class.... In Top Sportsman I was running High 6s... With a $50k engine. Then again we didn't have all the rule restrictions. Single Stage Nitrous, PSSH. One stage that they know of. been down that road before.

Enjoy Bracket Racing for what it is.
Old 02-16-2008, 06:06 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Any race that you can win with a Ford Festiva, is not auto racing. Heads up is the way to play. Winning isn't everything, it's the only thing, and if you can't pay then don't play.

Marty
Old 02-16-2008, 06:18 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by KTamez
Enjoy Bracket Racing for what it is.
I think you've got it right..... it's a way for slow/broke guys to have a fair chance.

I like Ellis' idea too.

Quick Reply: Heads Up NW Racing series?