Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2008, 09:01 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

http://www.kirotv.com/video/16999641/index.html
Old 07-27-2008, 09:59 PM
Staging Lane

The last time i went to a test and tune i was there four and a half hours before i got my first and only run in. Not to mention the track prep was horrible that night.
Old 07-27-2008, 10:04 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by LFSADRG
Yes. I would like to remove the ranking of #21 and being the slowest GTO in the NW [per ls2gto.com]

The mileage doesn't really matter. You need 5 to 10 heat cycles.
Old 07-27-2008, 11:01 PM
TECH Apprentice

In Oregon we have PIR and woodburn. woodburn doesnt even offer friday night street legals anymore, and PIR is so full of gommers running there 17 second tin cans with lawn mower engines in them that you dont even get that many runs. I agree some of them are car enthusaists just like us, but they need to understand their cars are slow and its not much worth their time or money to go 72 mph in the quarter. I think we need more tracks in the NW, to keep stuff like this from happening
Old 07-28-2008, 12:22 AM
10 Second Club

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Some of us have been looking at other venues but we still need to work with the tracks we have. It is just as much in there interest to work with us as us with them
Old 07-28-2008, 12:24 AM
Teching In

Yeah....Ive been busted down there myself....its a freakin zoo. Fun, expensive, but fun.
Old 07-28-2008, 12:59 AM
Launching!

Hahaha, wow. some of those cars were riceroni. Reminds me of some of the retards that gather at grocery stores and go race in the country with their stock Jettas and Integras. 100 bucks says they'll get a bust like that soon.
Old 07-28-2008, 09:49 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Crisisman
So where are you going race now Pat?
Old 07-28-2008, 10:06 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Seattle CTS-V
So where are you going race now Pat?
haha...I've been invited to the street races a couple times, but have always declined. Being a professional driver, a racing arrest could mean a career change.
Old 07-28-2008, 10:45 AM
11 Second Club

Ha ha professional racer....
Old 07-28-2008, 02:57 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by esoteric
PR is entering a boat at the upcoming hydro races: Miss Management

The extent of disorganization and lack of any planning was never more obvious to me than this year. You know why.
PR mismanagement reached its high (or low) point last Friday Night at the Goodguys event.

I personaly witnessed the drag manager, Tracy Tronson, do a burnout in the pits.

I'm trying to contact Jason Fiorito to let him know some of our concerns.
Old 07-28-2008, 03:00 PM
10 Second Club

I just want to say again it is our court to work with them and help anyway WE can as well
Old 07-28-2008, 03:01 PM
12 Second Club

OWNED!!!
Old 07-29-2008, 03:06 PM
On The Tree

In my eternal optimism I am expecting great things when the new track is in place. They could even run both tracks at the same time with Sportman on one and pro and super pro on the other.

Also It is not always the tracks fault that we only get 1 run every 3 hours. It is the guys that run the whole length dumping oil on the track. That being said there is equipment that will help cleanup things faster and PR doesn't seem to go for it. If they had things running like clockwork I would be willing to pay a higher entry fee.

Old 07-29-2008, 03:35 PM
TECH Regular

It's things like no one managing the new staging area before the gates open (I wound up getting in after people that showed up 20 minutes after I arrived due to no direction), and people ignoring and going around bypassing people that have been there an hour.

It's things like teching random cars (I was directed to pull up in the tech area, as the same guy started teching the car behind me... I pull up and wait another 15 minutes for someone to show up).

It's things like not managing the staging lanes so that the various classes get pulled up in the middle of the test n tuners - we have to run them out of our lanes with no help, and often the pros/slick cars can't even get to the front of the staging lanes.

It's things like telling someone he can park his car in the lane and run to the tower, only to return to see a bunch of dumbfucks in his car trying to push it out of the way while the person that gave the ok stands by and watches.

It's things like sitting two hours between rounds in elimination and then having to hot lap the last three rounds (or not even getting to make those rounds) because the scheduling seems random.

It's things like the test n tuners (rice or not, they still pay good money) sitting in line in the staging lanes for three hours then being told to get out of the lanes, maybe making one (two if they're lucky) passes all night.

It's things like not prepping the launchpad for cars that obviously need traction in a mixed class placing them at a distinct disadvantage.

It's things like do-what-we-preach, not-what-you-see-us-doing-ourselves that causes their management to lose respect in the eyes of paying customers, regulars or not.

It's things like having filthy pit areas and dust storms blowing through when a hose-down with water or planting a bit or grass or SOMETHING would greatly help - and keep an inch of dust, dirt and gravel off our cars.

It's things like the staff throwing a fit and giving **** to the ricers who don't know better and likely have never been there rather than taking 2-3 minutes to explain a few things that will make the rest of the night go much smoother (though I have to give props to Don Stevenson, RIP... I've seen him go out of his way many, many times to do exactly this).

It's things like not knowing if the registration area will be open to allow use of the ATM or not.

It's things like waiting 2 hours after a rainout has been called to get your signed tech card back.

It's things like scheduling too many events during the same day and none of them being happy due to all the delays.

It's things like not knowing whether the weather information will be available or not, depending if someone can find the right switch or not.

It's things like test n tune being having every run announced while a sponsored bracket is not... And/or sponsors of that bracket being announced in order to get their due.

It's things like giving **** while teching a 17 second SUV that obviously meets the requirement while allowing a 10 second car through that oils down the first pass.

It's things like no longer offering my favorite chicken sandwich as the concession stand.

It's things like having to walk a mile to the nearest real bathroom facility, and the local honeybuckets becoming very scarce.

It's things like not getting a straight answer as to how long we have before our bracket is back up while I'm doing the pee-pee dance and start evaluating the risk of what action I take next...

It's things like no real space enforcement allowing ricers to stake out your pit while you're being teched and pulling in the staging lanes.

It's things like shutting down half the pit area to make things convenient for the juniors at the expense of putting other people with trucks and trailers into the sticks.

It's things like having the entire lot where the return runs through camped out with drunken people stumbling in front of you that aren't even racing that day.

It's things like trying to leave in the dark and hitting 3' deep potholes on the way out.

It's things like a staff member running up to your car and pounding on your roof to get your attention in a provocative manner then screaming when you roll down the window.

I'm sorry.. did I start ranting?
Seems like the thing with the kids would be more fun...

Last edited by SeaHawk; 07-29-2008 at 03:53 PM.
Old 07-29-2008, 03:57 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by NWDragRacer
PR mismanagement reached its high (or low) point last Friday Night at the Goodguys event.

I personaly witnessed the drag manager, Tracy Tronson, do a burnout in the pits.

I'm trying to contact Jason Fiorito to let him know some of our concerns.

A small retraction here. I just spoke to the Doug, the Track Manager and found out Tracy has a twin brother (evil twin?) and drives the car I saw.

Most of last Friday's mismanagement was the result of Goodguys and not PR - at least in this case. Goodguys rented the track for $25K and pocketed all the $$$ from the gate. You'd think for that kind of profit, they could run a program.
Old 07-29-2008, 05:31 PM
TECH Apprentice

How about these suggestions:

Treat all customers with dignity and respect -explain infractions, refrain from venting. It's my opinion that most racer infractions are due to a lack of knowledge and confusion over procedures, not willful violation of the rules.

Never tech cars in the staging lanes

Keep the route to the staging lanes clear

Make sure ALL employees make some organized passes on the track (as a CCC participant or similar) so each one can personally experience what happens from a driver's point-of-view Let the announcer go first so he comes to understand that racers cannot hear every word and a little preface before an important announcement would be helpful.

Have employees at the track, BEFORE the track is scheduled to open.

Establish procedures and protocols. Be aware of who has been waiting and who is jumping the queue. Loudly asking "who's next" is a good idea, instead of just attending to the nearest person.

Establish a rotation of categories/classes on a given day so driver's can know when they'll be racing.

What have I left-out?

Last edited by esoteric; 07-29-2008 at 05:38 PM.
Old 07-29-2008, 05:54 PM
Launching!

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Regardless if there is a track available or not, running on the street is a different deal.

The track is a good tuning tool. Past that, meh.
Old 07-29-2008, 09:10 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by LFSADRG
Regardless if there is a track available or not, running on the street is a different deal.

The track is a good tuning tool. Past that, meh.
I agree: the track is the only option. It's not perfect, but I stilll enjoy it. I'm going Weds to the TnT.
Old 07-29-2008, 09:18 PM
10 Second Club

I see some good constructive critsizim here

Quick Reply: 80 Ricers Busted in Kent Last Night!