Northwest Members WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, SD, ND

Legalizing drugs... boost economy?!

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2008, 01:53 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No Addicts are people who are addicts. Yes you can get addicted to playing video games, weight lifting, jacking off, just about anything.

But as far as chemical dependancy, then davidz28guy is right, in that meaning weed is not addictive and has no withdrawl (sp) symptoms.
Old 09-11-2008, 03:04 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by j200pruf
No Addicts are people who are addicts. Yes you can get addicted to playing video games, weight lifting, jacking off, just about anything.

But as far as chemical dependancy, then davidz28guy is right, in that meaning weed is not addictive and has no withdrawl (sp) symptoms.
At this point it's semantics. Chemical dependency or not if someone is unwilling to stop or unable to stop using marijuana they are by definition an addict. They are still able to ruin their lives or the lives of others (in many cases, often extreme).
Old 09-11-2008, 03:17 PM
Launching!

People are addicted to cigarettes and no one bitches. like i said, pot would be cheaper like cigarettes. and not many people go breaking into cars for a pack of smokes... Plus imagine the extra market for THC patches to help people quit. I believe that if you put in the proper measures, pot should be legal. like giving employers the ability to fire someone who can't go a shift without a joint, or coming to work high, just as they would for someone with a drinking problem. Advertise responsible use and let kids know it's bad for you, but when you come of age you have the choice. Pot no longer becomes a gateway drug when i can light up legally.
Old 09-11-2008, 03:31 PM
TECH Resident

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

^^Well said.

http://www.botanical-online.com/patatasangles.htm --Killer Potatoes
Old 09-11-2008, 03:56 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by NW94Z
At this point it's semantics. Chemical dependency or not if someone is unwilling to stop or unable to stop using marijuana they are by definition an addict. They are still able to ruin their lives or the lives of others (in many cases, often extreme).
The addiciton isn't to weed, that person is just a plain out addict. They just happen to use pot, and if they were not using marijuana they would be addicted to something else, like say gambling, or masterbating. And those are two things that people can get addicted too, but the action itself isn't addicting.

Ah hell Ive been typing this for so long that 5six1 made my point and did a way better job.
Old 09-11-2008, 04:04 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by davidz28guy
pot is already the number 1 cash crop in the US, legalizing would mean millions for our economy,it would also decriminalize people who choose to smoke, the only thing the "war on drugs" has accomplished is over flowing our prison systems and locking up non violent drug offenders who dont belong there in the first place

and to all you people talking about addicts and people who smoke marijuana, marijuana is impossible to get addicted to, unlike tobacco and alcohol
i somewhat agree on your prison statement, and marijuana can be addicting.. people have addictive personalities, and people can get addicted to anything such as stated above..

but thats where things get iffy, if u de-criminalize something like 'pot', what would happened to all the people who were put in jail for a simple possesion charge? how about the guy that was transporting 5 pounds across a few states?
Old 09-11-2008, 04:05 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by 5SiX1
People are addicted to cigarettes and no one bitches. like i said, pot would be cheaper like cigarettes. and not many people go breaking into cars for a pack of smokes... Plus imagine the extra market for THC patches to help people quit. I believe that if you put in the proper measures, pot should be legal. like giving employers the ability to fire someone who can't go a shift without a joint, or coming to work high, just as they would for someone with a drinking problem. Advertise responsible use and let kids know it's bad for you, but when you come of age you have the choice. Pot no longer becomes a gateway drug when i can light up legally.
ur damn right.. second time now.

are u sure ur not some "legalize it" advocate?
Old 09-11-2008, 04:29 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by stoverz28
Interesting. Sounds like all parts of the potato plant are poisonous except for the potato (tuber) itself, but I could be wrong because reading that link was difficult. Sounds like it was translated from another language. I've heard that apple seeds are lethal to infants because of the cyanide content, but that's another topic.
Old 09-11-2008, 06:07 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by sidewayz28
ur damn right.. second time now.

are u sure ur not some "legalize it" advocate?
naw, i just think it would be easier for everyone if it was legal. Like a guy i work with, got arrested for growing it in his house, and was forced to either go to jail for 5 months or do drug court which is essentially rehab. With drug court you get to be free and no felonies, but in order to do it, he had to turn in a dirty urine test. so, you're off drugs, you go to jail, you're on drugs, you go to rehab and get to be roaming free... makes sense huh?
Old 09-11-2008, 10:40 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

LMAO!! Kids steal no matter if they smoke pot or not so drop that rant.

Tobacco and coffee are more addictive than pot. Pot has no physical addiction to it where as nicotine and caffeine are extremely addictive. Don't bring up up alcohol right?

this simple fact of the matter is hemp was feared by the cotton growers and they lobbied congress and had it outlawed. Then Reagan and his Oly north bunch had it grouped in the same category as heroin. Yea bedtime for Bonzo was probably still watching that propaganda movie from the 50's.... anyone seen it? The Salem Witch trials were more factual. Refer Madness...

The fact its illegal is a joke in the first place. It is a stronger better fiber than cotton. It also reclamates the soil where cotton strips it.

The only thing ever threatened by a stoner is the refrigerator. How do alcoholics act when they cant get their fix? How about cigarette smokers and coffee drinkers. Biggest excuse to whine and act like a bitch from what I've seen so they are mood altering drugs aren't they?

What really funny is you can get it legally with a green card on the west coast and get hung for it in Texas and the majority of the south.... geeee thats where the cotton growers were from in the first place.. wonder why the bias is still extreme there.

SO the real biggest reason you will not see it legalized is if they do how can the govt get away with illegal drug operations to fund their hidden activities...???

Plus they'll lose that budget money, and if any of you has ever been in govt or big business you don't get that money in the budget next year if you don't use it this year.

How can defense and law enforcement contractors make money if we don't fight drugs wars as well. You people need to look at the big picture.

We could actually get rid of terrorist sponsored weed on this country if we really wanted to but there isn't as much profit in it for Govt contractors.
Old 09-11-2008, 10:57 PM
TECH Junkie

lol Terrorist Sponsered Weed
Old 09-11-2008, 11:03 PM
Banned

Did you see that big raid in the redwood natl forrest? huge pot farm run by illegals from mexican drug cartels.. according to the govt this is how terrorists get their money now... from pot sales
Old 09-11-2008, 11:28 PM
Staging Lane

LOLZ!!! blanco great posts man, I didn't hear about a recent one but I have seen quite a bit on it being problems in national forest, they booby trap the hell out of those crops too, razor blades on trip wire and all kinds of stuff. There farms also tend to screw up the forest as well. The DEA does do some work on getting rid of those but most of the time they get there once they are done growing.

Most of the stuff that you find in our area is a bit more local, at least that has been my experience.
Old 09-11-2008, 11:34 PM
11 Second Club

I don't know about you guys.. But I wouldn't want someone working with me if he is high.. If it was legal, then that means cops would be doing it too. Thats not a wise choice.. Or truck drivers, instead of smoking cigs they would smoke a joint fall asleep at the wheel, its just like alcohol, and just as bad.

And I seriously don't see how pot can't be addictive.. I had a buddy that would go ape **** if he didn't have atleast three joints a day.. Maybe the chemical itself isn't addicting. but people in general have habits that they can't break.

Pot will NEVER be legal in this country, and any one who thinks it will be some day,, they need to lay of the **** them selves..
Old 09-11-2008, 11:39 PM
Launching!

One of the main points back in... 1916 i believe it was... when pot was made illegal is that it gave white women urges to have "relations" with African American males. we laugh at this now, but back then that was serious business. I imagine the wonderful people who thought up that idea had some cotton money in their pockets. It's stupid law based on old politics and policies, It's about as reasonable as not allowing women to vote.
Old 09-11-2008, 11:45 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by crazylane
I don't know about you guys.. But I wouldn't want someone working with me if he is high.. If it was legal, then that means cops would be doing it too. Thats not a wise choice.. Or truck drivers, instead of smoking cigs they would smoke a joint fall asleep at the wheel, its just like alcohol, and just as bad.

And I seriously don't see how pot can't be addictive.. I had a buddy that would go ape **** if he didn't have atleast three joints a day.. Maybe the chemical itself isn't addicting. but people in general have habits that they can't break.

Pot will NEVER be legal in this country, and any one who thinks it will be some day,, they need to lay of the **** them selves..
no one is stupid enough to think that smoking a joint in place of a cigarette is reasonable. that's like saying drinking a beer instead of an energy drink would be one in the same. Like i said, proper policies. We have laws regarding driving under the influence of marijuana. Pot would be SOLD like cigarettes or cigars, but USED like alcohol, in moderation and responsibly. And our truckers are popping pills anyway, many truckers take speed and cocaine in order to stay awake to travel farther and make more money. It would be very unproductive to smoke pot and drive a truck...
Old 09-11-2008, 11:47 PM
11 Second Club

What are you talking about? They ALLREADY do it.. Making it legal to buy at the local 7-11 would make it that much worse..

Have you ever known a true american to use something in moderation?? lol. That word in the US shouldn't even be in the dictonary.

And drinking a beer instead of a energy drink.. Thats getting harder and harder as time goes bye. **** just the other day I went to go buy a damn energy drink and I got carded... I was like what the **** are you asking me for my id for. its just an energy drink. Come to find out it wasn't.

The thing is proper policies are not helping us now with drunk driving, what makes you think it will with pot?
Old 09-11-2008, 11:58 PM
TECH Resident

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

What are you talking about? They ALLREADY do it.. Making it legal to buy at the local 7-11 would make it that much worse..

Have you ever known a true american to use something in moderation?? lol. That word in the US shouldn't even be in the dictonary.

And drinking a beer instead of a energy drink.. Thats getting harder and harder as time goes bye. **** just the other day I went to go buy a damn energy drink and I got carded... I was like what the **** are you asking me for my id for. its just an energy drink. Come to find out it wasn't.

The thing is proper policies are not helping us now with drunk driving, what makes you think it will with pot?
Have you ever seen someone that can't stand up or walk straight because they are too high? I doubt it because its impossible.

Your wrong about truckers too. Truckers stay on uppers to stay awake and make more money like 5SIX1 had explained. Why would they smoke pot which has historically been used to combat Insomnia?

If you find it hard not to drink a beer as opposed to an energy drink you sir have a problem not everyone else.

And like said previously those "addicted" to pot have addictive personalities. Id be willing to bet 3 joints a day isn't the only thing your buddy "needs" to keep from going ape ****.
Old 09-12-2008, 12:20 AM
Banned

Energy drink LMAO!!!! Thats the biggest drug scam going on in America right now !!!! Here lets et you hooked on caffeine so you have a headache if you don't get it. then we put caffeine in aspirin to feed the jones.... All I see everywhere is energy drinks... people swill them like water and why??? You really mean to tell me that you cant get a ******* thing done without an energy drink fix?????? YOUR AN ADDICT .YOUR PART OF THE TERRORIST PROBLEM!

Lemmings, bunch of damn lemmings!
I have been caffeine free for over 5 yrs now and proud of it. I don't pay 3-6 for a cup of burnt tasting coffee everyday and so the java terrorists aren't being supported by me!
Old 09-12-2008, 12:23 AM
TECH Junkie

eh... one day it'll be legal

so far im getting the vibe that a pot head/drug user is nothing but a low life criminal/addict....

i have a funny story to tell you about this one buddy from high school.. Definitly wasn't an athlete of any type, one who you really couldnt picture running.. Tally skinny guy, long hair.. cool *** guy, could play the bass like no other.. anyways, throughout high school the dude was doing his share of drugs, and had an "addiction" to pot.. (like 85% of highschool kids in the Seattle area) anyways long story short he maintained something like a 3.8 GPA all 4 years of school and now goes to school in Philidelphia.. some little unheard of school called Drexel

anyways, morale of the story: there are people out there that can have there fun and STILL MANAGE to maintain their life, and exceed at what they do! Look at Reggie Williams of Miami

Quick Reply: Legalizing drugs... boost economy?!