Northwest Members WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, SD, ND

Legalizing drugs... boost economy?!

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2008, 06:24 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Legalizing drugs... boost economy?!

http://articles.moneycentral.msn.com...dAllDrugs.aspx

what do u guys think..
Old 09-10-2008, 08:31 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

All Drugs I don't agree with at all, legalizing meth would be just about the stupidest thing in the world.
But marijuana on the other hand I wouldn't see a problem with at all, don't hear about stoners robbing people to support their habbit too much.
Old 09-10-2008, 09:21 PM
TECH Junkie

lol... i agree 100%

if meth and crack became legal... WOW
Old 09-10-2008, 09:35 PM
10 Second Club

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Just think of all the out of work crack dealers getting under cut by the 'Man'

Hehehe
Old 09-10-2008, 10:00 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Imagine how much labor intensive jobs would get done WITH crack!

Hand out meth to WSDOT and all of the construction will be done in a solid weekend of nonstop work. It'd get check marks off the todo list, but after they come out of their drug induced haze ... "Who paved this road; Were they on crack?"
Old 09-10-2008, 10:25 PM
TECH Junkie

LOL

"here take this, and remember, no brakes until the jobs DONE"
Old 09-10-2008, 10:47 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by j200pruf
All Drugs I don't agree with at all, legalizing meth would be just about the stupidest thing in the world.
But marijuana on the other hand I wouldn't see a problem with at all, don't hear about stoners robbing people to support their habbit too much.
Moved out of my last neighborhood partly because the house 3 doors down was dealing weed to the greater Woodinville area. Traffic was almost nonstop and and there were dozens of different cars pulling up regularly. Still have my black book with all their license plate numbers.

Some on here may think it's cool having a source for entertainment that close to home but after having the H2 broken into for items to be traded for, for oh I don't know.........POT and numerous other instances of strangers prowling the neighborhood you can't tell me that pot heads aren't inclined to rob people to feed their fucked up habit.
Old 09-10-2008, 10:50 PM
TECH Enthusiast

kat williams put it best i think.

"wedd is not a drug. you got to do **** to drugs, mix in baking powder, cook it. I don't know the recipe, i'm just sayin..."

porbably not the exact right quote but it's what i think i remeber.
Old 09-10-2008, 11:02 PM
Launching!

I think regulated pot made by companies like Phillip Morris wouldn't be bad at all... I mean imagine going to SunMart and buying a pack of Cannabis Lights for 6 bucks lol People wouldn't need to break into your H2 anymore, because weed would be A LOT cheaper (not that i know the going rate..) Personally I think it's far less harmful than alcohol, would i advocate my kids to do it? no. I think people would understand it's just as harmful to your body as cigarettes and would avoid if they cared enough.
Old 09-11-2008, 01:56 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by NW94Z
Moved out of my last neighborhood partly because the house 3 doors down was dealing weed to the greater Woodinville area. Traffic was almost nonstop and and there were dozens of different cars pulling up regularly. Still have my black book with all their license plate numbers.

Some on here may think it's cool having a source for entertainment that close to home but after having the H2 broken into for items to be traded for, for oh I don't know.........POT and numerous other instances of strangers prowling the neighborhood you can't tell me that pot heads aren't inclined to rob people to feed their fucked up habit.
come on now... theres good and bad people doesnt matter if your an "addict" or not
Old 09-11-2008, 01:57 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by 5SiX1
I think regulated pot made by companies like Phillip Morris wouldn't be bad at all... I mean imagine going to SunMart and buying a pack of Cannabis Lights for 6 bucks lol People wouldn't need to break into your H2 anymore, because weed would be A LOT cheaper (not that i know the going rate..) Personally I think it's far less harmful than alcohol, would i advocate my kids to do it? no. I think people would understand it's just as harmful to your body as cigarettes and would avoid if they cared enough.
your the man
Old 09-11-2008, 03:13 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by NW94Z

I would be inclined to disagree, I may have lived at a house where quite a bit of pot was sold, and your average stoner isn't usually a crazy SOB that blows all of their $$$ on weed. Now they very well could be someone that uses pot to come down off something serious like meth or coke, but I don't really think they would be thrown in the general "stoner" sterotype

And 5SiX1 I got to agree with you. In that situation the GOV would take something that costs them a TON of money and turn it into something that would make them a profit.

Last edited by j200pruf; 09-11-2008 at 03:22 AM.
Old 09-11-2008, 03:27 AM
TECH Junkie

and it could potentially boost the economy!!!!! but NO drugs are bad.. reefer madness
Old 09-11-2008, 09:40 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by sidewayz28
come on now... theres good and bad people doesnt matter if your an "addict" or not
Yes there are good and bad people but I'm willing to bet all the prowlers and those that actually did rob from people in the neighborhood had one thing in common....an "addiction" to an illegal substance. If your one of the "good" people not turning to crime good for you, it doesn't change the fact that "bad" people aren't helping themselves by putting themselves in a position to continue doing bad things. I understand habits can be expensive and when you don't have a steady means of income to support it with, the next easiest solution is to simply take from others.

Originally Posted by j200pruf
I would be inclined to disagree, I may have lived at a house where quite a bit of pot was sold, and your average stoner isn't usually a crazy SOB that blows all of their $$$ on weed. Now they very well could be someone that uses pot to come down off something serious like meth or coke, but I don't really think they would be thrown in the general "stoner" sterotype

And 5SiX1 I got to agree with you. In that situation the GOV would take something that costs them a TON of money and turn it into something that would make them a profit.
It's simple really, crime in that neighborhood particularly on that street could be tied directly to a house that sold weed. I don't care what type of drug addict was committing the crimes. If the "average" stoner isn't a crook that's fine. Unfortunately "average" or not, individuals that traveled to that house for the express purpose of buying pot did commit crimes within a few hundred yards radius. I just don't think that is cool.

Last edited by NW94Z; 09-11-2008 at 09:50 AM.
Old 09-11-2008, 12:18 PM
TECH Junkie

not at all, and quite frankly if a stupid addict sob tried to rob anything out my car im hoping i have a chance to at least let 1 shell of buck shot go.. but anyways off topic

do u guys THINK where america is at today, it could honestly help?
Old 09-11-2008, 12:44 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I don't agree with legalizing drugs...pot yeah, but everthing else is just asking for problems. You'll lose a ton of jobs too but how many jobs would be created for sale and distribution? I think that would also be a toss up.
Old 09-11-2008, 01:10 PM
Teching In

pot is already the number 1 cash crop in the US, legalizing would mean millions for our economy,it would also decriminalize people who choose to smoke, the only thing the "war on drugs" has accomplished is over flowing our prison systems and locking up non violent drug offenders who dont belong there in the first place

and to all you people talking about addicts and people who smoke marijuana, marijuana is impossible to get addicted to, unlike tobacco and alcohol
Old 09-11-2008, 01:21 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by davidz28guy
pot is already the number 1 cash crop in the US, legalizing would mean millions for our economy,it would also decriminalize people who choose to smoke, the only thing the "war on drugs" has accomplished is over flowing our prison systems and locking up non violent drug offenders who dont belong there in the first place

and to all you people talking about addicts and people who smoke marijuana, marijuana is impossible to get addicted to, unlike tobacco and alcohol
Addicts and people who smoke marijuana can be two separate categories, but.....what do you call people that CAN'T or WON'T give up smoking pot? By definition they are addicts also. Yes, I know people that can't or won't give up smoking pot. For them it is a way of life at the expense of others....they ARE addicts.

Video games are impossible to get addicted to and racing is impossible to get addicted to.......where does it end?
Old 09-11-2008, 01:29 PM
TECH Resident

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Not from the northwest but I had to pop in to add my $.02.

NW94Z, How do you know that it was just pot that is being sold at that house? Sounds like you might just be scapegoating it. Also how has anyone ever smoked pot at YOUR expense?

Fact is that pot is portrayed to be something it's not through the media and propagonda from the gov.

Did you know that it is impossible to overdose on pot? One would have to smoke his own body weight in pot, whereas someone could eat 10 raw potatoes and die from it.
Old 09-11-2008, 01:45 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by stoverz28
Not from the northwest but I had to pop in to add my $.02.

NW94Z, How do you know that it was just pot that is being sold at that house? Sounds like you might just be scapegoating it. Also how has anyone ever smoked pot at YOUR expense?

Fact is that pot is portrayed to be something it's not through the media and propagonda from the gov.

Did you know that it is impossible to overdose on pot? One would have to smoke his own body weight in pot, whereas someone could eat 10 raw potatoes and die from it.
I do not know that it was only pot sold at the house but I do know that pot was widely sold. You see the minors living in the house that were selling were also idiots as were many of their customers. They had a tendency to talk and since I have children roughly the same age attending the same school you find out what is going on. You even find out that your very own vehicle was targeted specifically for the purpose of trading stolen goods for merchandise. Guess pot can affect your judgement, err....mouth. It's all cool though because the perpetrators thought it was pretty funny...dude.

I didn't say anyone has ever smoked pot at MY expense but rather at OTHERS expense. How I know is frankly no ones business in a public forum. If I need to explain who and how for credibility sorry it isn't going to happen.

I'm not interested in how marijuana is portrayed in the media or by the gov. I also don't care that one can't OD on marijuana. I wasn't touching on that in this discussion.

I have to ask though what in the raw potatoes can kill a person? I am really curious here no sarcasm. I know and understand how one can die from drinking to much water but I have never heard about potatoes.

Quick Reply: Legalizing drugs... boost economy?!