Other Special Events Gatherings | Shows | Cruises

Somernites Cruise

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2009, 06:05 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Somernites Cruise

So who's going to attend Somernites Cruise tomorrow? It's a great car show with a large gathering.. and a few vendors there as well to get some parts. Car show gates open at 2 p.m and the "cruisin" begins at 8 p.m. It's free to attend and is definately worth checking out atleast once. Located at Somerset, Kentucky.. Their website is www.somernitescruise.com

Hope to see you guys there!!
Old 04-25-2009, 11:49 PM
TECH Apprentice

Just got back from there and had BLAST. Looking forward to going again(this was my first)
Old 04-26-2009, 11:19 AM
On The Tree

Yeah it was definately a good evening... eventhough I didn't get there until around 4:00 or so.. but I still got to see some awesome cars.. including a couple of silver corvettes.. around 02 models.. that sounded quite mean.. hehe..

Yeahh good thing about this show for me is it isn't that far away.. 70 miles on the trip meter yesterday.. =]

I believe I saw a pewter T/A go by while I was sitting on the side lines.. around 8:30 or so.. could have been you.
Old 04-26-2009, 11:36 AM
TECH Apprentice

probably was. To tell you the truth i think i was the only pewter one there, atleast that i saw. If you saw it cruising with a silver 98 z28, then it was definitely me. I made a thread with some pics in the appearance section.
Old 04-26-2009, 06:16 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I was there. I seen the two silver vettes. They did sound awsome. I also seen alot of nice camaros and trans ams. It was a great show although i got a stupid ticket while there. So if you guys seen a pewter SS with a black 3" hood and black SS spoiler it was me.
Old 04-26-2009, 06:59 PM
TECH Apprentice

^ yeah, i saw you. i tried to get next to you at a light but it never happened
Old 04-26-2009, 07:34 PM
Launching!

We were there. It was a total of a 6 hr drive for us. We did stay in Louisville the night before so that helped. It was also nice meeting you Eric. Hope to see you at some of our g2g as well.
Old 04-27-2009, 08:21 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ethomp
^ yeah, i saw you. i tried to get next to you at a light but it never happened
I remember seeing some pewter trans ams but not sure if any were you. You gotta watch them red light to red light runs up there. Them cops up there will nail ya. I found that out the hard way. I'll be there next month though. A bunch of us LS1tech members should all meet up there.
Old 04-27-2009, 10:28 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by EarlSS
I remember seeing some pewter trans ams but not sure if any were you. You gotta watch them red light to red light runs up there. Them cops up there will nail ya. I found that out the hard way. I'll be there next month though. A bunch of us LS1tech members should all meet up there.
Yeah that's the truth.. seems like the cops are a lot harder on people than last year.. I made around 5-6 red light to red light passes with no cops in sight. There was so much traffic this time that it was nearly impossible to have a little mini drag anyhow. I had to let me car cool down about every 30-60 min.. clutch was getting quite hot.

Yeah i'd be all up for meeting some LS1Techers' next time. If i'm not mistaken, it will be May 23rd.
Old 04-27-2009, 10:48 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by areax
Yeah that's the truth.. seems like the cops are a lot harder on people than last year.. I made around 5-6 red light to red light passes with no cops in sight. There was so much traffic this time that it was nearly impossible to have a little mini drag anyhow. I had to let me car cool down about every 30-60 min.. clutch was getting quite hot.

Yeah i'd be all up for meeting some LS1Techers' next time. If i'm not mistaken, it will be May 23rd.
Yea the cops did seem to be alot thicker this year. Traffic was pretty thick and he commented that on my ticket. I couldn't get any good runs in either. When i got my ticket i just run my car through 1st and 2nd. Seen the blue lights at the top of 2nd so i just pushed the clutch in and coasted cause i knew i was caught. I'm sure that one little run is gonna cost me pretty good.

I believe the next show is May 23rd. I got a few friends from here going up next time to but they all got mustangs. So i'll need some LS1 guys to help me keep them in line...lol.
Old 05-03-2009, 09:34 PM
On The Tree

Yeah it's May 23rd... i'll be there.. look for an 02 SOM SS with half the paint gone off of the front bumper (i'll be fixing that soon) lol
Old 05-21-2009, 09:59 PM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

im plannin on bein there ill be in a navy blue metallic ta, im always lookin at any fellow fbodies
Old 05-22-2009, 07:42 PM
TECH Apprentice

man, wish i could make it this time, but nope. I'm definitely going to be there atleast a time or two more this year though
Old 06-05-2009, 11:45 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by ethomp
man, wish i could make it this time, but nope. I'm definitely going to be there atleast a time or two more this year though
I didn't get to attend myself... seems like something always comes up the one day I make plans. Anyhow.. who's up for the 27th of this month? Since I didn't get to attend last month.. I have to go this month.. =]

Also, the Hot Rod Power Tour is coming through Somerset on the 11th.. Unfortunately.. I won't be able to make that one.. I'll have to go to orientation...(switching colleges).. blah..

Heres the link for anyone who wants to check it out :

http://www.somernitescruise.com/hotrodpowertour.html