Other Special Events Gatherings | Shows | Cruises
View Poll Results: What weekend is best for you?
July 16-18
54.39%
July 23-25 (Mustang Week)
45.61%
Voters: 57. You may not vote on this poll

FBODY BEACH WEEKEND 2010! info, ideas, come in....

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2010, 12:20 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

as far as what types of cars and the actual show itself, I believe it should truthfully be based on F-bodys. Thats what the spot light is on. How many corvette shows go on a year? Too many too count. I have NEVER been to a actual show where it was 75-100% all f-bodys. Its what we love, and it would be awesome to see such a great amount located in one area! Im not saying that any other LSx powered cars shouldnt be allowed to join or what not, im simply saying that the spotlight should stay based on f-bodys but with all other LSx powered cars available to be there as well!
Old 01-18-2010, 02:21 PM
On The Tree

just a few questions... Is there going to be an entrance fee for the show and to spectate other possible events? If so, how much will this cost? and when will sign up for car show ect be open? I understand if you do not have the answer to all of these questions yet.
Old 01-18-2010, 08:48 PM
Launching!

Hey kidcamaro98......props for getting your sister to help. Suggestions are welcome....a little "wow" factor is good.

As for the show......they'll be two separate shows....one will be ALL f-bodies with 65 awards just for us.
The other show will be in a separate lot right beside us with it's own awards.....everything will be separate.

Originally Posted by kidcamaro98
as far as what types of cars and the actual show itself, I believe it should truthfully be based on F-bodys. Thats what the spot light is on. How many corvette shows go on a year? Too many too count. I have NEVER been to a actual show where it was 75-100% all f-bodys. Its what we love, and it would be awesome to see such a great amount located in one area! Im not saying that any other LSx powered cars shouldnt be allowed to join or what not, im simply saying that the spotlight should stay based on f-bodys but with all other LSx powered cars available to be there as well!
Old 01-19-2010, 04:44 AM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Johawk
just a few questions... Is there going to be an entrance fee for the show and to spectate other possible events? If so, how much will this cost? and when will sign up for car show ect be open? I understand if you do not have the answer to all of these questions yet.
There will be entry fees for the show,, not sure about general admission though (doubt it). Same goes with the events.....if we have a track day, there will be a fee to run your car, but not sure about spectating. We stil haven't totaled up our cost yet, w'e're getting there! Yesterday I ecieved a PM from a sponsor that I'm sure everyone on here has heard of and would be real excited to see at our event, so this will impact the cost cituation as well. fingers crossed!
Old 01-19-2010, 09:27 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by kyles2000z
There will be entry fees for the show,, not sure about general admission though (doubt it). Same goes with the events.....if we have a track day, there will be a fee to run your car, but not sure about spectating. We stil haven't totaled up our cost yet, w'e're getting there! Yesterday I ecieved a PM from a sponsor that I'm sure everyone on here has heard of and would be real excited to see at our event, so this will impact the cost cituation as well. fingers crossed!
that would be awesome! If all goes well, as far as attendence, weather etc, this could turn into something huge!
Old 01-19-2010, 11:17 AM
Launching!

Cost for the show is set for $20 right now.....we maybe able to lower it if we get more poeple to commit......but right now that's the number.

BIG NEWS COMING !!!!!

Let's just say....you'll need a helmet....if you don't have one....better buy one!!!!!!

Kyle or I will share later today or tomorrow.....once we work out the details.
Old 01-19-2010, 02:21 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by WipFbody
Cost for the show is set for $20 right now.....we maybe able to lower it if we get more poeple to commit......but right now that's the number.

BIG NEWS COMING !!!!!

Let's just say....you'll need a helmet....if you don't have one....better buy one!!!!!!

Kyle or I will share later today or tomorrow.....once we work out the details.
I'm up for racing!!!!

Last edited by 01 ss vert; 01-19-2010 at 02:33 PM.
Old 01-19-2010, 03:58 PM
On The Tree

Im definitely in. Put in for the time off today. I have a group of 7 people including myself and Kidcamaro98 that will be coming from NY for the weekend. I just hope none of them flake. I know 4-5 of those 7 are not bluffing. This does not include girlfriends / wives, friends, ect.
Old 01-19-2010, 07:25 PM
Launching!

pencil me in for the weekend and prolly 3-4 more other cars
Old 01-19-2010, 07:35 PM
TECH Addict

Alright....here's the news for today. On my lunch break I called Myrtle Beach Speedway and set up a track day for all of us. Bill Hennesey, who I spoke with and is going to manage this event, was a huge help. He is going to treat us just like the Mustang Week guys....i.e. we do NOT have to pay for a track rental, which would be in the $thousands$. Here is what we know as of now...

-This event will be on Friday the 16th from 3pm-8pm
-Cost to participate in any or all events: $20. Cost to spectate: $5.
-Everyone MUST sign a release form the day of the event.
-Particpates MUST wear helmets...no roll cage, fire suits, any of that required. Just drive up and have fun.
-EMS on site

Here's the list of activities...
-Auto cross
-Track runs (Run your car as hard as you want around the track, 2 cars at a time. Cones will be set up to keep cars off banks and keep speeds safe).
-"Street Drag"...Starting at the end of turn 4, you will be allowed to drag race to the start/finish line. Just like it's done on the street!
-0-60-0 Competition
-possibly an exhaust competition
-Burnout Contest (this will be the last event, and no line locks, powerbraking, etc will be allowed. Car must stay rolling, Bill doesn't want the pavement dug up)

This is a GREAT oppurtunity to legally run your car in a variety of different things. You can't find this good of a deal ($20 to do all this...come on!) so we hope this generates a big turnout! This is all I have for now, as always we will post info as we recieve it. Next up will be info on the vendors who will be helping us for the weekend. These will definitely be shops you have heard of, and a chance for you to see their stuff!
Old 01-19-2010, 09:28 PM
11 Second Club

Im definitely in. Put in for the time off today. I have a group of 7 people including myself and Kidcamaro98 that will be coming from NY for the weekend. I just hope none of them flake. I know 4-5 of those 7 are not bluffing. This does not include girlfriends / wives, friends, ect.
im going to be down there for a week!
Old 01-19-2010, 09:30 PM
11 Second Club

Alright....here's the news for today. On my lunch break I called Myrtle Beach Speedway and set up a track day for all of us. Bill Hennesey, who I spoke with and is going to manage this event, was a huge help. He is going to treat us just like the Mustang Week guys....i.e. we do NOT have to pay for a track rental, which would be in the $thousands$. Here is what we know as of now...

-This event will be on Friday the 16th from 3pm-8pm
-Cost to participate in any or all events: $20. Cost to spectate: $5.
-Everyone MUST sign a release form the day of the event.
-Particpates MUST wear helmets...no roll cage, fire suits, any of that required. Just drive up and have fun.
-EMS on site

Here's the list of activities...
-Auto cross
-Track runs (Run your car as hard as you want around the track, 2 cars at a time. Cones will be set up to keep cars off banks and keep speeds safe).
-"Street Drag"...Starting at the end of turn 4, you will be allowed to drag race to the start/finish line. Just like it's done on the street!
-0-60-0 Competition
-possibly an exhaust competition
-Burnout Contest (this will be the last event, and no line locks, powerbraking, etc will be allowed. Car must stay rolling, Bill doesn't want the pavement dug up)

This is a GREAT oppurtunity to legally run your car in a variety of different things. You can't find this good of a deal ($20 to do all this...come on!) so we hope this generates a big turnout! This is all I have for now, as always we will post info as we recieve it. Next up will be info on the vendors who will be helping us for the weekend. These will definitely be shops you have heard of, and a chance for you to see their stuff!
thats awesome! I will spectate, not run tho. I dont want to take the chance to blow out my 10 bolt in Myrtle beach!
Old 01-19-2010, 10:04 PM
TECH Addict

Leave your street tires on....no need to worry! I'm sure if something happens, there will be plenty of helping hands to get you back up and running.
Old 01-20-2010, 07:34 AM
TECH Resident

Wow, I'm pumped! I haven't been on a road coarse in years. I'm forwarding onto the wife.

Also on stock 10-bolt and nitrous. If there is room, I'll bring my R-Compounds.
Old 01-20-2010, 07:37 AM
TECH Resident

http://www.myrtlebeachspeedway.com/
Old 01-20-2010, 07:40 AM
TECH Resident

Can we have passengers? I hope so!
Old 01-20-2010, 08:44 AM
11 Second Club

Leave your street tires on....no need to worry! I'm sure if something happens, there will be plenty of helping hands to get you back up and running.
I will be on drag radials then with a 150 shot....

I will watch LOL

I dont need to be picking up 10 bolt pieces 900 miles away from home!
Old 01-20-2010, 10:11 AM
On The Tree

Im starting to make the plans. I should have 3-4 close friends with me and I'm spreading the word here on some of the local sites. Can't wait.
Old 01-20-2010, 10:44 AM
On The Tree

Any plans for a cruise of some type?
Old 01-20-2010, 11:01 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by kidcamaro98
I will be on drag radials then with a 150 shot....

I will watch LOL

I dont need to be picking up 10 bolt pieces 900 miles away from home!
this might be a good time for me to bring my spare 10 bolt that i would have and sell if i can sell it haha.

Quick Reply: FBODY BEACH WEEKEND 2010! info, ideas, come in....